PDA

View Full Version : And the WHINGER OF THE YEAR goes to.....

blue til i die
18/07/2007, 10:54 AM
Damien Richardson.

Fair enough, a manager complainig about a few decisions, but complaining about every single decision.
He nearly had a heart attack complaining about the peno. even i saw the hand ball from the back of the Donie Forde!!
that said, fair play to cork for the win, well deserved!
BTID

sfc red
18/07/2007, 10:58 AM
Apparently you came a close second.

noby
18/07/2007, 11:08 AM
Not that close.

blue til i die
18/07/2007, 11:10 AM
Apparently you came a close second.

if sullivan had scored the peno, wud have been a diff game altogether.but listenin to rico screaming about everything,really got to me. two cork goals were well worked, didnt think Farrelly or Healy did much tho!
Referee was terrible IMO.

Pablo
18/07/2007, 11:17 AM
if sullivan had scored the peno, wud have been a diff game altogether.but listenin to rico screaming about everything,really got to me. two cork goals were well worked, didnt think Farrelly or Healy did much tho!
Referee was terrible IMO.

We were poor. Waterford were shocking. Thank your lucky stars for Longford lads.

micls
18/07/2007, 11:18 AM
Only halfway through the season. ...McDonnell will run Rico close yet :D

Definitely a peno and was lucky he wasnt booked. Ref was very poor all night..you're keeper lucky to stay on the pitch.

Thought Vinny bottled it infront of the Shed. Looked very nervous in the run up

blue til i die
18/07/2007, 11:22 AM
Only halfway through the season. ...McDonnell will run Rico close yet :D

Definitely a peno and was lucky he wasnt booked. Ref was very poor all night..you're keeper lucky to stay on the pitch.

Thought Vinny bottled it infront of the Shed. Looked very nervous in the run up

the second vinny picked up the ball, i knew he couldnt hold his nerve in front of the shed!
it was defo a peno, so i dono wat Rico was whinging about!
Delaney shouldn't have reacted like dat, but wat wud u do if sum1 had their studs in ur face??
Alot of abuse from Cork players to our bench i noticed too, mostly from Lordan, seems like a bit of a dirty player!

bellavistaman
18/07/2007, 11:23 AM
how did davey warren do?

bigmac
18/07/2007, 11:25 AM
Thank your lucky stars for Longford lads.

Yeah, it's great - still, we're not doing too bad with a first division squad to be still in touch with the teams ahead of us.

micls
18/07/2007, 11:25 AM
Delaney shouldn't have reacted like dat, but wat wud u do if sum1 had their studs in ur face??
It was his stomach...and Roy deserved his booking. But keeper reacted completely over the top

mostly from Lordan, seems like a bit of a dirty player!

Really :confused: Hed be way way down the list if I was to think of a dirty player

NY Hoop
18/07/2007, 11:26 AM
League would be a poorer place without Richard Damienson.

KOH

noby
18/07/2007, 11:30 AM
It was his stomach...and Roy deserved his booking. But keeper reacted completely over the top

True, and he was lucky with a booking after raising his hand, even if O'Donovan did go down like a sack of spuds.
There was a good shout for a sending off at the other end when Vinny was dragged back by the last defender, but having jibbed the first red card he was never going to give that one.

noby
18/07/2007, 11:32 AM
Yeah, it's great - still, we're not doing too bad with a first division squad to be still in touch with the teams ahead of us.

Are we still using the 1st division squad excuse?

Poor and all as we have been playing we are still in touching distance of a few teams just above us. These are the teams we need to get results from.

Dodge
18/07/2007, 11:32 AM
We going to have this every week? A couple of weeks ago it was McDonnell, then it was Scully.

As a rule, managers are moany ****s. Can't understand how people aren't used to it by now

Oh and agree with NY Hoop

noby
18/07/2007, 11:39 AM
He certainly keeps the Fog index up.

bigmac
18/07/2007, 11:43 AM
Are we still using the 1st division squad excuse?

I'm using any excuse I can get my hands on Noby! :D

I definitely think the squad has improved over the beginning of the season, but there will have to be a major improvement to stay in the division for the next two seasons. I'd be worried about a play-off this year - we've been doing very poorly against fellow strugglers - we've picked up 8 of our 15 points against Derry, Cork, Pats and Drogs - but lost twice each to Bray and UCD and once against Longford :mad:
Even if we stay up/win the play-off this year, with the reduction in size the following year, it'll be much tougher to stay up then.

The Man Himself
18/07/2007, 11:46 AM
any chance of taking cronin back to cork,
he has to be the worse manager ive ever seen in the eircom league.
and the players dont like him (and thats a fact)

anyone got jimmy mcgeoughs phone number ;)

Dricky
18/07/2007, 11:55 AM
We going to have this every week? A couple of weeks ago it was McDonnell, then it was Scully.

As a rule, managers are moany ****s. Can't understand how people aren't used to it by now

Well said dodge.

GavinZac
18/07/2007, 12:03 PM
True, and he was lucky with a booking after raising his hand, even if O'Donovan did go down like a sack of spuds.
There was a good shout for a sending off at the other end when Vinny was dragged back by the last defender, but having jibbed the first red card he was never going to give that one.

having seen that from behind, vinny dived, he wasnt dragged back. surprised the ref, having fallen for it, didnt send kelly off. overall, he was **** poor.

osarusan
18/07/2007, 12:40 PM
League would be a poorer place without Richard Damienson.

KOH

Never heard of the man.

noby
18/07/2007, 12:49 PM
having seen that from behind, vinny dived, he wasnt dragged back. surprised the ref, having fallen for it, didnt send kelly off. overall, he was **** poor.
There was a hand on the shoulder, but maybe he could have shrugged it off.

GavinZac
18/07/2007, 1:20 PM
There was a hand on the shoulder, but maybe he could have shrugged it off.

there certainly wasnt cause to throw himself to the floor anyway. i think he may have been taking my ironic cries of "judas!" a bit too seriously :D

CJTheGull
18/07/2007, 1:43 PM
Well I'm glad Cork won - it would be a pity to see them fall by the wayside with the season not even half gone. Makes the title challenge a bit more interesting although Drogheda are definitely the favourites. Good luck to the Candystripes tonight - I'll be glued to the box.

Risteard
18/07/2007, 1:46 PM
What do you expect?
Managers moan if their players get sent off for a high leg in the referees face.
It's the after-match interviews where they (usually) say what they really think.
Having said that, the ref and linesman were awful for both sides.

Calcio Jack
18/07/2007, 2:11 PM
Whinger of the year..well so far my money is on Pete Mahon..not for his stupid comments about Rovers style of play on Monday being far removed from Rovers traditional style of play (having floowed them for over 30 years didn't know we had one) but the dour moaning he engaged in during his interview on setanta before Monday's game.... I've great admiration for many of the players he coached and brought on at UCD but God help them if he's like that all the time... is he really serious about being fed up because people refer to his team as 'students' ...spare us next time Pete.

bellavistaman
18/07/2007, 3:35 PM
Whinger of the year..well so far my money is on Pete Mahon..

mines magee from limerick, rico up there tho.

Midgit
18/07/2007, 3:52 PM
PAT SCULLY has to be up there as well.

bellavistaman
18/07/2007, 3:54 PM
keely because he gets more press than most managers with his column.

WeAreRovers
18/07/2007, 4:15 PM
PAT SCULLY has to be up there as well.

That's MANAGER OF THE YEAR you're thinking about. They haven't given that one out yet.....

KOH

micls
18/07/2007, 4:25 PM
That's MANAGER OF THE YEAR you're thinking about. They haven't given that one out yet.....

KOH

Did Sean Connor get manager of the year last year? cos he did the same thing Scullys gonna do ;)

half_full
18/07/2007, 6:04 PM
he has to be the worse manager ive ever seen in the eircom league.
and the players dont like him (and thats a fact)

anyone got jimmy mcgeoughs phone number ;)

dats absolute bol*ocks and you know it.

remeber the eL is twice the league it is since jimmy was in charge but dont let dat get in the way:rolleyes:

blue til i die
18/07/2007, 8:40 PM

Really :confused: Hed be way way down the list if I was to think of a dirty player

i wouldnt have put Lordan anywhere on the dirty player list. but the abuse he was screaming at our bench, and the studs up tackle on Scully i think, was dicraceful, lucky not to get a straight red!

Paddyfield
18/07/2007, 10:06 PM
Slightly off topic but anyway...
Is it true that the new Sligo manager won't speak to The Sun newspaper because he is a Scouser and there is a worldwide protest by Liverpool fans against The Sun. Appearantly, The Sun blamed the Liverpool fans for the Hillsborough trajedy and all Liverpool fans refuse to buy the paper since.

Or so I was told by a few Sligo Rovers fans last weekend.

half_full
18/07/2007, 10:12 PM
yes I think your right, I remember hearing about 20 minutes??? silence by the kop in protest or something

Dodge
18/07/2007, 11:19 PM
There's definitely a boycott by scousers but its his job to talk to the media and if I was on the board of Sligo, I'd be telling him to do whatever he's told to do

razor
19/07/2007, 7:57 AM
he has to be the worse manager ive ever seen in the eircom league.Well he was taught by the best. ;)

Thought the pen was harsh, ball to hand.
Lordan is far from a dirty player, was probably shouting abuse at his brother on the Waterford bench.

Whoriskey was a disgrace. Poor Ref?, hey whats new.

blue til i die
19/07/2007, 10:28 AM
Well he was taught by the best. ;)

Thought the pen was harsh, ball to hand.
Lordan is far from a dirty player, was probably shouting abuse at his brother on the Waterford bench.

Whoriskey was a disgrace. Poor Ref?, hey whats new.

He brother wasnt on our bench tho.
i thought it was definately a penalty from where i was sitting.

Peadar
19/07/2007, 11:12 AM
Which came first, whinging managers or whinging fans?

By the way, I agreed with Pete Mahon, after the Rovers game.
UCD were the better side & got RRS bigtime!
He was entitled to a decent rant but kept himself very composed.
I'd be raging!
Instead, Scully was blowing on about injustice, with regard to yellow cards for his players. He failed to metion that Reynolds got away with murder & McGill got off lightly as well.