PDA

View Full Version : Cork City 2-0 Waterford

ccfcgirl
17/07/2007, 9:44 PM
I enjoyed tonights win . Healy played well with a suspended Gamble. I was surprised not to see Darran Murphy play...Roys 20th goal of the season and what a rocket from Leon looks like a great player..

Hitman
18/07/2007, 8:30 AM
what a rocket from Leon looks like a great player..

He's already displaying a knack for picking up silly bookings as well, clearly a ready made replacement for Roy.

Tir Oilean
18/07/2007, 8:32 AM
Absolute cracker of a goal from Leon worthy goal of the month contender for the build up as well. Waterford bar 5 mins of the first half leading up to the penalty were absolutely abismal. Their keeper was lucky to stay on the field after shoving O'Donovan (even though he fell over very easy). Ye didnt get many fair decisions either the linesman in front of the main stand was **** poor IMO. Well done and thanks for digging in to help the Galway United cause for survival!

blue til i die
18/07/2007, 11:18 AM
Waterford bar 5 mins of the first half leading up to the penalty were absolutely abismal. Their keeper was lucky to stay on the field after shoving O'Donovan (even though he fell over very easy). Ye didnt get many fair decisions either the linesman in front of the main stand was **** poor IMO.

we had loads of chances, we jus dont have a finisher. How wud u react to sum1 stickin their studs in your face??
The linesman on the donie forde side was a complete joke, got nearly all his decisions wrong. Two goals were worked well tho! fair play. gud luk in the league!

micls
18/07/2007, 11:23 AM
How wud u react to sum1 stickin their studs in your face??
!
Face?? You're having a laugh. Since you were the other end of the pitch and couldnt have seen it il believe what I saw. Roy went in hard to where the ball was, ending up kicking the keeper in the stomach and deserved his booking, maybe was even lucky it wasnt a harsher ref but that does not excuse standing up grabbing him by the shirt and throwing him to the floor.

Risteard
18/07/2007, 1:16 PM
He's already displaying a knack for picking up silly bookings as well, clearly a ready made replacement for Roy.

:D
Give him the number 10 shirt.
Great finish though, in fairness.
It looks like he's going to establish himself to some extent anyway.

Some awful decisions last night, especially offsides.

blue til i die
18/07/2007, 9:00 PM
Face?? You're having a laugh. Since you were the other end of the pitch and couldnt have seen it il believe what I saw. Roy went in hard to where the ball was, ending up kicking the keeper in the stomach and deserved his booking, maybe was even lucky it wasnt a harsher ref but that does not excuse standing up grabbing him by the shirt and throwing him to the floor.

i could see it very well from where i was sittin in the donie forde actually!!:D
but i'll take your word for it.:p

GavinZac
18/07/2007, 10:39 PM
i could see it very well from where i was sittin in the donie forde actually!!:D
but i'll take ur work for it.:p

we both were about 10 yards away in the shed. roy slid in to keep the ball in play, delaney threw himself on it. commendable for bravery but dont see how it should be rewarded by booking roy and then letting delaney get away with attacking a player.

razor
19/07/2007, 7:49 AM
then letting delaney get away with attacking a player.My Dad told me after that Delaney got booked, i didn't think he was, anyone confirm?
The ball was there when Roy committed himself but he went in studs showing so no complaints with the card.
Whoriskey overall was a disgrace.
There was a mention that we don't tend to see this chap too often and his display was the reason, probably spends most of his time in the First Division.

Tir Oilean
19/07/2007, 8:26 AM
we had loads of chances, we jus dont have a finisher. How wud u react to sum1 stickin their studs in your face??
The linesman on the donie forde side was a complete joke, got nearly all his decisions wrong. Two goals were worked well tho! fair play. gud luk in the league!

It was clearly a 50:50 ball so O'Donovan was entitled to go for it. Delaney's reaction was violent thats why I feel he was lucky to stay on the pitch. A similar decision was made in favour of Waterford in front of the main stand and Behan went ape **** nearly got booked for descent. I'm a neutral and am just calling it as i saw it.

Tir Oilean
19/07/2007, 8:26 AM
Yes Delaney did get booked AFAIK

Risteard
19/07/2007, 11:52 AM
He got booked.