PDA

View Full Version : The club thinks us fans are morons - re thursday kickoffs

lims fan
26/03/2003, 6:39 AM
We now fully realise how little the club cares about us. We are pieces of **** on their shoe. "Ah Shir we'll try something different" is the club's motto. I'm afraid lads that rules me out of every single hoem game this season along with LFC in Exile and many other limerick fans.
If any of you went to the dublin city game in tolka last season there were over 100 Limerick fans there probably all based in dublin or nearby!
Sorry to say lads the club has kicked you right in the stones and now the apologists have been beaten with their own sticks.
The worst choice of venue on the worst time od the week. Yes the people who made this decision are ****ing morons. They are pathetic non-football men. They are ignoramouses who are governed by an arrogant, selfish smalltime butcher who i would roast on my barbie just like a brisket.

sadloserkid
26/03/2003, 11:12 AM
Didn't you already post this below? The club feel that at weekends in the summer people will be going away. It's a valid point and while I still don't agree with them it's perfectly clear that Sunday afternoons weren't working. And just one other minor point. You now criticise the club for deciding to try something different after spending all of last season criticising them for not trying anything new... Which is it man? Personally I would have made to switch to Friday or Saturday evenings myself but you're going totally over the top on this one because of the personal implications it has for you. On a side note though, the first home game is on a Sunday so if you're back you should be able to take in that one anyway! ;)

BlueisBeautiful
26/03/2003, 12:35 PM
.....I've always advocated Friday evening games so why not Friday? Whats this thursday lark about?

Éanna
26/03/2003, 12:51 PM
I think it's been said before but i think the league should ban thursday matches- all matches hould be played on friday saturday or sunday.

sadloserkid
26/03/2003, 1:23 PM
If the League had the balls to do something about it then the problem would be solved overnight. I'd also be an advocate of Friday night football - a great way to finish the week - and agree 100% with both Éanna and BisB on this one.

gael353
26/03/2003, 1:28 PM
Yes this is the idea of one fool on the committee who has been an advocate of Thursday night football since we have know him. And because its him the other two listen and give in rather too easy. When asked about the Thursday nights thing last night we totally disagreed with the idea and the person who said it to us thought we were joking!

deise deserter
26/03/2003, 2:12 PM
The club has 3 different classes of supporters:

1. Local home supporters
2. Home supporters who travel to Limerick for the games
3. Away support

It seems ridiculous to me to exclude the 2nd and 3rd categories and to base all revenue to come from the first group. The club seems to be limiting opportunities to make money IMHO.

sadloserkid
26/03/2003, 2:17 PM
Originally posted by deise deserter
The club has 3 different classes of supporters:

1. Local home supporters
2. Home supporters who travel to Limerick for the games
3. Away support

Group 1 is bigger than group 2 or 3. I don't think it's limiting especially if (and it might) the first group increases with the new ground. Group 1 is the most important to cater for though I still feel that Friday nights could encompass all three...

JohnD
26/03/2003, 3:17 PM
Friday night footie...Beer afterwards and still the rest of the weekend to come..What more would ya want !!

lims fan
27/03/2003, 2:41 AM
The club has kicked us in the balls on this and every other issue and how can you come up with such drivel as the local home fans are more important than the limerick fans living away from limerick. That is the most ridiculous and senseless comment I have ever heard on any message board. THe local based fans will get to the games anyway and do not need to be accommodated in terms of time but it is ONLY the away fans and non-based limerick fans who need to be accommodated therefore the opposite is the real truth. Surely you can see this with further consideration and I will make my feelings known to O'Sullivan when I see him. This bull**** about "people going away for weekends" has to be the saddest thing ever to come out of a football club. Does the club think that every limerick fan goes away every weekend!!!!!!!! The club will be away every second weekend anyway so if limerick's travel hungry fans want a weekend away why not follow the team?
I am surprised at you for justifying the thursday games and disgusted at the club and AM very bitter on this issue. It just keeps getting better, doesn't it. What a **** up of a club.

sadloserkid
27/03/2003, 8:44 AM
Originally posted by lims fan
I am surprised at you for justifying the thursday games

For starters I don't agree with Thursday night football and I saythat below. What I do is layout the club's reasoning for the switch just so that people like you know about it. It's not my fault if you're going to see collaboration and enemies everywhere.

Try reading my posts again. In the first one I say I'd like us to play on Friday or Saturday nights. In my second I say I'd like us to play on Friday nights. In my third I say I'd like us to play on Friday nights. In other words you're talking absolute sh1t here and as ever your arguments are descending into petty namecalling and small-time ranting

Originally posted by lims fan
AM very bitter on this issue

No kidding, just try not to let it blind you into posting absolute rubbish about me or anybody else in future. At no point at all do I say that I want Limerick to play Thursdays. And by the way to say that local fans can come at any time is absolute bullsh1t! Nobody involved in junior football could watch any of our games for the last two seasons.

And true to form for you, you've now gifted us two rants whinging about the situation and you've made how many suggestions for alternate times??? None. Nada. Zero. Shag all. BisB, JohnD and myself have all made a suggestion for a better time but as ever you just can't be @rsed...

deise deserter
27/03/2003, 3:55 PM
Agree with you about Friday night football SLK - All three types of supporters I spoke about earlier can make this. I agree with your point that home support from Limerick is our biggest crowd, but I believe that limiting your potential market is a very dodgy business tactic.

lims fan
28/03/2003, 1:59 AM
You know I don't have to suggest kickoff dates its obvious what everyone wants. Have I ever complained in the 16 years I have been going to limerick games about Friday nights, Saturday nights or sunday affs. It doesn't matter to me once its a socialbe time. But when you suggest that limerick based fans are more important to consider when kickoffs are being schedueled i think you will find that the club for one does not even consider you or any limerick based fans in the equation and secondly limerick based fans do not need to be accommodated as they are based in limerick.
Therefore the only section that need to be accommodated are the non-limerick based fans. Surely you can see this SLK. And I am not just saying this because it means I can't see any home games.
How would you like it if the club played all its games to conflict with your most important double-lecture that you can't miss. And the club doing this for no reason is even more stupid.
The fact that it cuts out lots of fans FOR NO REASON is making me very angry and maybe I will have to stay here and follow the Brisbane lions instead. And I will be speaking to O'Sullivan on this issue so I will be doing something about this.
As regards me doing nothing about anything I have brought the best set of flags to the club in division 1 (with your help and Gael353) and built an website and have constantly tried to bring new fans to games.
I hope to organise a bus to an away game with the reamining 225 euro we have in the bank and I will help with fundraising as soon as the club makes pro-active steps. OÇonnor has failed to sign a single striker in 12 months and next season is going to be the same **** again but with nearly 40 games we are ****ed.
I am 100% against Thursday as it is damaging to the club and is limiting its potential as well as excluding travelling fans and non-based limerick fans. Can you see my point?
Anyway I will be in Sligo for the more sociable Sat eve kickoff and are there many lims going up and will you bring the flags as well.

sadloserkid
28/03/2003, 8:15 AM
My gripe is that I am also against Thursday night football and I resented you accusing me of supporting it. I agree with all the points you made in your last post.

lims fan
28/03/2003, 8:51 AM
We just got our wires crossed.
Now lets get a contingent together for the sligo game. Keep up the good work SLK and maybe I'LL bring back a crocodile for our front line. See you all in sligo boys

deise deserter
28/03/2003, 10:19 PM
Personally Lims Fan I'd prefer a kangaroo - he'd replace Barry Ryan and give us something in the air! ;)