centre mid
17/07/2007, 4:17 PM
Good luck to Tarzan tomorrow night, well deserved :ball:

KR's Post
17/07/2007, 8:48 PM
I'll pass the message on......

superfrank
17/07/2007, 8:59 PM
Living legend alright. I'll never forget his goal against Pats when he'd hit the crossbar with a free seconds earlier.

notever
17/07/2007, 9:02 PM
I am sure all Bray fans who have ever seen or know Tarzan will wish him well to-morrow night hope a very big crowd turns out for him and the weather is kind as well Good Luck Tarzan have a great night my hero............

KK77
18/07/2007, 8:47 AM
Will we ever see his likes again i wonder. Up there with the likes of Greaves, Rush, Best. Nearest thing to Sniffer Clarke for me. All the best Tarzan a true local hero who remained true to his roots.

Stevo Da Gull
18/07/2007, 8:53 AM
What can you say about Tarzan that's not obvious, undisputable Bray legend - both in terms of Bray Wanderers and Bray the town, most people over the last decade, whether or not they follow the Wanderers, know about Tarzan and know he's a club legend.

Much like Superfrank his goal and free-kick against Pat's are what sticks in my mind, although Tarzan himself said in the Bray People that his most memorable match was the first replay of the '99 cup final against Harps and that his best goal was after 22 seconds in Terryland Park in '97.

It's worth mentioning that what all the stats don't tell you it's how much of a top bloke Tarzan is, and he deserves a great send-off tonight and I'd also just like to wish him well in the future.

Cabinteelygull
18/07/2007, 11:52 AM
Tarzan is a legend and should be treated as such!!

in regards to tonights match i don't have a ticket will i be able to buy one there tonight at the gate???

Seagull
18/07/2007, 2:07 PM
A legend and a great bloke. For the memories Tarzan, thanks, all the best tonight. :ball:

bray boy
18/07/2007, 9:39 PM
4 nil not too bad i thought there would be more there however

BrayUnknowns
19/07/2007, 4:36 PM
4,000, can't really ask for more than that against a championship side

BrayZil
19/07/2007, 9:43 PM
Fantastic night last night. I'm delighted Tarzan got the send off he deserves. He's a true Wanderers legend. It was great to see all the ex Bray players back as well. Brings back memorys.

Cabinteelygull
20/07/2007, 10:02 AM
Anyone know what the story is with the lad Emeka Onwubiko who came on for tarzan first half??? is he playin for us now or what??:confused:

lowflyingseagul
20/07/2007, 12:02 PM
Name: Emeka Onwubiko
Born: Nigeria

IRISH underage international football is at its healthiest since the successful days of Brian Kerr in the late 90s. Following impressive displays by the under-17s and 19s late last year, they both face into an elite qualifying stage for the European Championship finals in March and May respectively.

But manager Sean McCaffrey may have to do without one of his brightest emerging talents when the under-17 team faces Romania, Israel and Serbia & Montenegro in Dublin at the end of March.

Emeka Onwubiko arrived in Ireland from Nigeria shortly after his father and mother three years ago and his progress through the ranks since then has been rapid. He has been part of the Irish under-15 and 16 set-ups for the last two years, but has now hit a stumbling block - he doesn't have an Irish passport.

The issue currently lies with the appropriate authorities, but as is the case with these applications, they tend to take longer than expected and all the 16-year-old can do is wait.

McCaffrey for one is hoping for a speedy conclusion as the striker is very much part of his plans.

Vincent Butler has been nurturing Onwubiko since he was encouraged to have a look at a youngster playing for St Kevin's Boys back in 2003. The Kennedy Cup, a competition where schoolboy leagues from all over Ireland send their most promising players, is the usual environment for unearthing emerging talent, but Onwubiko fell through that particular net and luckily Butler spotted him that day.

Since then he has represented Ireland a number of times, but, because of his visa situation, he has only been able to play home internationals. Despite that Onwubiko still managed to finish as top goalscorer for the under-16s last year.

Butler believes that the youngster definitely has the potential to be a professional footballer. At only 16 his pace, strength and touch are exceptional and that has attracted the attention of Premiership scouts.

However, like playing for the under-17s, Onwubiko must hold an Irish passport before being offered a pro-contract and this has already cost him a chance with Manchester City who turned down an opportunity to sign him.

West Bromwich Albion did offer him a two-year-deal which would commence in June and if the deal goes through, the Irish public could be hearing a lot more about Onwubiko over the next few years.

"It would be brilliant if I got a chance to play in England," says the youngster. "It's been great playing with Ireland over the last couple of years, but I was shocked when I found out I couldn't play anymore after all the hard work I had put in.

"After the first phase I thought that was it, it's over, but I have some hope now that I will get a passport and be able to play with the under-17s."