PDA

View Full Version : Do you want Derry, Drogs and Pats to progress?

Pages : 1 2 [3]

A face
18/07/2007, 8:56 PM
Forza la eircom League !! :ball:
Viva la eircom League !! :ball:

:ball:

pineapple stu
18/07/2007, 9:15 PM
It's not doing any good. How is cheering on your rivals to success good for your club?
How is it any harm? It's not as if your support's going to be the tipping factor. So like I said above, no point being a miserable git all the time.

superfrank
18/07/2007, 9:20 PM
How is it any harm? It's not as if your support's going to be the tipping factor. So like I said above, no point being a miserable git all the time.
I'm not a miserable git. I could've voted to see them all fail but I didn't. I'm just not a Europen junkie.

GavinZac
18/07/2007, 9:59 PM
I'm just not a Europen junkie.

You'd have to take a hit first.

razor
19/07/2007, 8:00 AM
All to progress and have a horrible fixture pile up.

WeAreRovers
19/07/2007, 10:22 AM
im with Frank on this one. Wanting your domestic rivals to succeed in Europe for your own sake is minnowism of the highest order. All clubs should aspire to achieving success for themselves.

That said i would be the first to say well done should they progress.

Spot on but you have to remember that you are arguing with a UCD fan. With all due respect to them they're not 'football fans' as the rest of us understand the term. Hence their lack of understanding of the basics of following your club.

As for the patronising guff aimed at Frank, I've no rational explanation for that. ;)

KOH

Shelsman
19/07/2007, 12:41 PM
If you want to see your nation do well, like I said, support the national team. If you want to see the el do well, go to the games.

The way I see it is that our clubs represent Ireland ( as well as themselves of course ) when they play in Europe. By supporting them I am supporting the representatives of our nation who have earned this right through the achievements of the previous season. Whether you like it or not, they are Irelands representatives.

Shelsman
19/07/2007, 12:43 PM
Spot on but you have to remember that you are arguing with a UCD fan. With all due respect to them they're not 'football fans' as the rest of us understand the term. Hence their lack of understanding of the basics of following your club. KOH

On the contrary, I would see them as the die hards of die hards ( 5.0 ? ) of Eircom League fans -sure you'd have to be to support UCD?

Shelsman
19/07/2007, 12:46 PM

No need for name calling.

pineapple stu
19/07/2007, 5:54 PM
Spot on but you have to remember that you are arguing with a UCD fan. With all due respect to them they're not 'football fans' as the rest of us understand the term. Hence their lack of understanding of the basics of following your club.

As for the patronising guff aimed at Frank, I've no rational explanation for that. ;)

KOH
Ah yes - another cliche (the old "he's not a real fan"), again with no more back up.

Showed me. :confused: