PDA

View Full Version : irish squad

thecorner
25/03/2003, 8:51 PM
surely be to god city would give rotherham a run for their money so why is alan lee in the squad. even if flynny was fit would he even be considered and he would be better than alan lee

might get mangled for this but glenn crowe would also be better a choice than alan

Colm
25/03/2003, 9:07 PM
I agree but I suppose the fact that our season hasn't started yet worked against any el players getting into the squad.

Still who is Alan Lee, I know he's got a few goals for Rotherham but surely Crowe or Flynny are easily as good.

Badweather Fan
25/03/2003, 9:57 PM
O'Flynn is injured anywho

Real ale Madrid
26/03/2003, 12:38 AM
Sorry lads but Alan Lee is a fine player, much better than Crowe/Flynn. People forget that if Flynn/Crowe were good enough for the English 1st division they would be playing there.

niamh
26/03/2003, 5:19 AM
Fair point about our league not starting yet though it will be interesting come July/August when English leagues haven't started and the Irish league is over half-way through if any eL players will be considered simply cause they will be more match fit...

Badweather Fan
26/03/2003, 8:20 AM
Originally posted by Real ale Madrid
People forget that if Flynn/Crowe were good enough for the English 1st division they would be playing there.
Fair point i'm afraid.

Would still prefer Crowe or O'Flynn though as Colin Lee doesn't float my boat at all.

Schumi
26/03/2003, 11:22 AM
Crowe hasn't got over his injury yet and let's not forget that he was picked ahead of Lee for the Greece game.

steven17
26/03/2003, 11:46 AM
he`s a quite average player seen him play at villa youths and reserve team also for ireland under 18 flynny is aot better worker and finisher its just that alan`s playing in england which is higher profile.

fonzi
27/03/2003, 10:59 AM
ive seen this fella Lee playing(mostly on a sunday where we get the goals from the divisions) and all i can say, is that he shouldnt be in the squad.
his performances this yaear would indicate that , quite frankly, he isnt up to it.at all.

Badweather Fan
27/03/2003, 11:54 AM
You'd think that if John O'Flynn was anywhere near being considered for selection that he'd at least be on the Under21 panel, so sadly, i think its a lost cause, for a while anyway.

patsh
27/03/2003, 1:38 PM
Originally posted by Badweather Fan
You'd think that if John O'Flynn was anywhere near being considered for selection that he'd at least be on the Under21 panel, so sadly, i think its a lost cause, for a while anyway.
Problem is, BWF, that Givens seems to be one of these clowns who will trawl the length and breadth of the UK to find anyone, playing at any level, who has even the vaguest connection to Ireland and pick them.
Yet he will NEVER show up at an eL game.:mad:

steven17
27/03/2003, 1:46 PM
as i said looks better for the irish set up if a player is playing even confrence football other than eL football. they must think it just looks better to see a couple of "pros" at that level

thecorner
27/03/2003, 8:49 PM
Originally posted by Badweather Fan

well this is really sad cos there is a striker from ross county in scotland in the u21 squad. if givens cant find a place for flynny in front of a ross county striker there is something wrong

Colm
27/03/2003, 8:58 PM
Originally posted by thecorner
if givens cant find a place for flynny in front of a ross county striker there is something wrong I couldn't agree more.