PDA

View Full Version : Tg4 Last Night.

cheifo
16/07/2007, 3:25 PM
Documentary on Galways game against FC Groningen in 1986 which was played out in the Ghaeltacht.Missed the start of it so I dont know why it was played outside Terryland.Interesting stuff anyway, the Dutch fellas were smiling all the time whilst reminiscing in a kind of those wacky Irish sort of way.Anybody else see this?

Also later on on BBC2 I watched excellant docu/film Once In A Lifetime about New York Cosmos.Thought some of the stories being told were very funny-ie
Mick Jagger always hanging around the dressing room stoned.

L37Ultra
16/07/2007, 3:32 PM
Documentary on Galways game against FC Groningen in 1986 which was played out in the Ghaeltacht.Missed the start of it so I dont know why it was played outside Terryland.Interesting stuff anyway, the Dutch fellas were smiling all the time whilst reminiscing in a kind of those wacky Irish sort of way.Anybody else see this?

Also later on on BBC2 I watched excellant docu/film Once In A Lifetime about New York Cosmos.Thought some of the stories being told were very funny-ie
Mick Jagger always hanging around the dressing room stoned.

Ya that documentary was on a few months ago around christmas. I seen it, very good and shows how much we have moved on such then........ :D:eek:

fbtn
16/07/2007, 6:36 PM
Is this available online? Sounds interesting.

gufcfan
16/07/2007, 8:09 PM
The game was played on the Carraroe community pitch because Terryland Park at the time was not up to Uefa standard.

The Carraroe pitch had just been refurbished and was just as good facilities wise as anywhere(i'm lead to believe).

The pitch was not the property of the Gaa, as it remains today. The pitch is run by a local commitee.

Available online at www.tg4.tv. Click "Sport - Cartlann".
Then just click play