PDA

View Full Version : Help appreciated - Irish TV Channels in London

Mr_T
16/07/2007, 1:19 PM
Wonder can any London based people let me know what Irish TV stations it is possible to get and is it likely a pubs in an Irish area could be convinced to show a live EL game on a Friday evening?

I know they probably get RTE but what about TG4?

I'm going to be in London for 2 weeks either side of the Harps V Derry cup match and while its not confirmed if its on TV yet, if it is on its gonna be TG4.

The option of flying home and back again is still being considered, but availability of the match on TV may be a factor.

Any info appreciated. Perhaps the London Derry SC will have a big screen lined up somewhere? :)

Dodge
16/07/2007, 1:23 PM
If they have an Irish Sky card (which a lot of pubs do) they'll have TG4

Whether they'll show it or not is another story

TG4 stream the games live on thier website

fbtn
16/07/2007, 1:35 PM
DCFCSTEVE is working on a dissertation on this and will respond accordingly. ;)

Mr_T
16/07/2007, 1:46 PM
DCFCSTEVE is working on a dissertation on this and will respond accordingly. ;)

Kinda hoping he would. ;)

Website streaming - anyone used that before? Is it watchable?

Dodge
16/07/2007, 2:00 PM
USed it once. Found it excellent tbh

GavinZac
16/07/2007, 2:46 PM
Any info appreciated. Perhaps the Londonderry SC will have a big screen lined up somewhere? :)

wont they just attend the game? :D

OneRedArmy
16/07/2007, 2:48 PM
wont they just attend the game? :DNeat editing of Mr T's post there Gavin.

Hilarious stuff......

crc
16/07/2007, 2:53 PM
Website streaming - anyone used that before? Is it watchable?
Used TG4 a few weeks ago for Drogs-Pats (I think) and it worked great. There was one occasion a few weeks before that when it didn't work at all, but I think that may have been because there was too much demand. But generally, two thumbs up to TG4!

PS - in November I watch the FAI Cup Final on RTE's webstream and the feed cut out 10 minutes into extra-time. Apparently someone had forgotton that the game could last longer than 90 minutes. :rolleyes:

GavinZac
16/07/2007, 2:56 PM
Neat editing of Mr T's post there Gavin.

Hilarious stuff......

It was a tap in but they all count

paul_oshea
16/07/2007, 3:59 PM
its not my place but i have watched matches in the stockwell palace before, nice spot, decent tv and comfortable chairs :D
Unfortunately though this will be closed due to the owner being away on 'holidays' :)

If you need a pub though i know a few that would put it on if you went in and asked them, these wouldbe:
the moy( Monaghans ) in wood green, just beside the station, they are fairly obliging and if you have a few pints they will definately turn over for ye. The alex in east finchley will put it on. The ox and gate around dollis hill will also put it on. Galway hooker in neasden will put it on if asked. there are quite a few.

gufcfan
16/07/2007, 8:14 PM
TG4 stream the games live on thier website

www.tg4.tv

They archive the games also for a while under "Sport - Cartlann"
for anyone who misses it or for watchin the next day after attending the match

sligoman
16/07/2007, 8:20 PM
Galway hooker in neasden will put it on if asked.I'd say she'd also want a bit of money to "put it on" too;).

exiled_gufc_fan
17/07/2007, 1:08 PM
its not my place but i have watched matches in the stockwell palace before, nice spot, decent tv and comfortable chairs :D
Unfortunately though this will be closed due to the owner being away on 'holidays' :)

If you need a pub though i know a few that would put it on if you went in and asked them, these wouldbe:
the moy( Monaghans ) in wood green, just beside the station, they are fairly obliging and if you have a few pints they will definately turn over for ye. The alex in east finchley will put it on. The ox and gate around dollis hill will also put it on. Galway hooker in neasden will put it on if asked. there are quite a few.

Excellent - I'd be quite happy to go along if it was being shown too.

Am about to subscribe to Setanta over here on Cable, despite being the UK Setanata channels they do show the GAA games although I have yet to figure out if they will show any eL.

TG4 streaming has worked well for me in the past, even if sometimes Futbol24.com alerts me to the fact that a goal is scored before I actually get to see it on the 'live' streaming due to the delay involved :eek:

There's a pub in Ilford with an Irish Sky card though while they have shown some GAA from TG4 I'm not aware as to whether they would show eL.

It'd be great to have a nominated eL pub in London where supporters of all clubs could congregate.

paul_oshea
17/07/2007, 1:36 PM
There's a pub in Ilford with an Irish Sky card though while they have shown some GAA from TG4 I'm not aware as to whether they would show eL.

i think this is the pub you are looking for ( rossie ran one ) :
Sheepwalk Inn they would probably show it if you asked them.

Exiled if you are looking to watch the derry match tomorrow PM me.

exiled_gufc_fan
24/10/2008, 12:00 PM
Anyone know of a good spot to watch the FAI Cup Semi-Final in London on Sunday? A couple of Galway United fans are wondering where would be good to go!

GuisaSaigon
24/10/2008, 12:58 PM
Acccording to poster on www.derrycitychat.com both semi finals will be streamed live worldwide on www.rte.ie

exiled_gufc_fan
25/10/2008, 10:30 AM
Anyone know if McGoverns in Kilburn will be showing it? Will it be the place for the Derry fans to head to?

dcfcsteve
25/10/2008, 12:30 PM
Anyone know if McGoverns in Kilburn will be showing it? Will it be the place for the Derry fans to head to?

City fans will be watching at a bar owned by a Donegal man in Mornington Crescent : Sheephaven Bay, 2-3 Mornington Street, Camden, London, NW1 7QD

It took a bit of negotiation to get it screened over the English premiersh!t.

I can't make it meself.