PDA

View Full Version : Jeepers Keepers (again)

Ash
25/03/2003, 3:13 PM
Just see that Wayne Russell dosent think he has a future
with Waterford.

I rathered Town going after a decent keeper like that than
Paul Flood. To be honest, from what I've seen of him, I dont see
him as an adequate replacement.

Hope Im wrong!

Any word on whether this Thursday night lark is for deffo?

atfconline
27/03/2003, 1:31 PM
eleven-a-side.com (http://www.eleven-a-side.com)

Town continue search for new ’keeper

Athlone Town’s quest to find a new goalkeeper ahead of their opening league match against Cobh Ramblers on April 11 has become a prolonged affair after the transfer of Paul Flood never materalised.

Athlone manager Jimmy Greene looked set to tie up a deal with the former Monaghan United and Dublin City shotstopper only for Flood to back out at the last minute opting instead to link up with the Kildare GAA squad.

Greene also held talks with David Moran, but he is currently training with Drogheda United and although he has not agreed a deal with the Drogs yet, reports suggest it is only a matter of time before he does.

Former Kildare County player Tadgh Murphy has also been approached to fill the voiud left by Gary Connaughton and Paul Flanagan and Green is hopeful that along with Murphy, one or two others should have signed by the weekend.

"I should have my final squad for the season together by the weekend. Tadgh Murphy and Anton Mannering are willing to sign, and I like the look of Michael McCann.

The hardest part is getting the right players together but we should know what we will have for the league campaign within the next few days," said Greene.

Ash
27/03/2003, 1:53 PM
Yeah, I saw that earlier.

Ashley Bayes and Wayne Russell are apparently looking for
clubs ... although I think Bayes is gone back to England.
Not sure what kind of cash Russell would be looking for but he's
a well decent keeper.

Kept Waterford in the game against us in Mels from what I can
remember.

Didnt think much of Mikey McCann against Shels though ...

Cobh Ramblers
29/03/2003, 12:28 AM
Ramblers need a keeper aswell for the new season.