PDA

View Full Version : Cobh game

don ramo
15/07/2007, 6:53 PM
lads was wondering what day and time yer game against us is on, our site says friday 8 o' clock, but yers says saturday at half 6, was wondering cause i plan on taking a trip down, hopin for good weather this time around, still felling the last trip

kopite
17/07/2007, 12:15 PM
all our home games are 6.30pm kick offs on saturdays.looking forward to the game,no beer sold at our ground just de vino,all imported from the turin valley!

passinginterest
18/07/2007, 2:39 PM
Big game for the lads. Conor Sinnott suspended I believe. Will be interesting to see the shape of the midfield without him, considering he's played every minute of every game.
They will have the memories of a good result the last home game against Cobh to spur them on, and they'll need all the encouragement they can get against a team in form.
I'd home to take a surprise point from this one, with a good performance and a goal from open play (not asking a lot am I :)). 2-2 would be a very good result.

Footsoldier
18/07/2007, 2:45 PM
2 goals for the Youths?????? We don't even score that many in the warm-up!

passinginterest
18/07/2007, 2:47 PM
I did say I wasn't asking a lot! ;)

Sunny Jim
18/07/2007, 3:14 PM
We'll do very well to get a draw from this one, and a clean sheet would be nice. So, 0-0 it is then. I'd be happy with that.

kopite
19/07/2007, 10:37 AM
who knows,maybe with sinny out,the ball might move faster from the middle,of course that means we need someone up front,that should be no problem,D.B. our new centre forward can,t move anyway,sorry if his feet moved as fast as his mouth? i'm going for 1-1 if we score first,if we conceed first 8-0.a.m.t.g.b.w.s.

passinginterest
19/07/2007, 10:56 AM
I think I might be down Saturday for the game. I just hope it's not 8-0:eek:

wexman
19/07/2007, 11:04 AM
it wont b 8 - 0. barcelona would'nt beat us eight nil with the way we play. we need a top class striker and we havent got one. ill say 2 or 3 nil defeat:(

brokenstar
20/07/2007, 7:39 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing us play without Sinnott to be honest. Like Kopite said, maybe the ball won't get mired down in midfield and we'll push on a bit more. Taking nothing away from the lad, he's a good player but the timing of his passes and taking too much out of the ball can be bloody frustrating. I'll be there Sat too... Come on the Youths! :ball:

passinginterest
23/07/2007, 11:59 AM
Well 0-0 have to be pleased with the result. I got 2 reports one from my Dad and one from a mate, who was at his first home game (he came to the Shels match in Dublin with me).
According to my Dad it was one of the best performances so far. He said Cobh players didn't really look up for it and Wexford were more than a match for most of the game. Only about 20 mins in the second half when Cobh really looked dangerous.
My mate reckoned we played for 0-0 from the start and had 11 men behind the ball most of the time. According to him Joey Wadding had the only real chance with a header. He was hugely impressed by O'Loughlin (my Da said he had a great game too) and reckons he'd make it in England. Oh ya he thinks Marty Kelly is wasting his time and could be making a name for himself with the hurlers :)

bellavistaman
23/07/2007, 12:02 PM
heard the same bout the men behind the ball, bit disapointing to hear that but it worked so how bad, mick Wallace was in cobh sundasy for 21s and i have to say what a legend, everything hes doing for wexford and his non-******** behaviour on the sideline didnt see him **** a player out of it all game.All smiles and jokes,and his celbrations when they got the 3rd had to begrudginly laugh and applaud. The hole wexford thing is brilliant to see even the support at 21s was very good. Well done all.

wexman
23/07/2007, 12:06 PM
best performance from us so far even though 0 - 0. didnt miss sinnott one bit. o loughlin was far better in midfield gettin the chance to run at their back line. we still need a striker. looks like we are cobhs boogey team. its a long time since a home win & we just dont look like we are ever going 2 score. wallace raised his fist to the fans after the game as if we had won. If not gettin beat at home is a result in his eyes we will b in the new bottom tier nxt year or yr after

bellavistaman
23/07/2007, 12:09 PM
for a club who doesnt pay its players, first year in league, drawing with 2nd who are unbeaten in 18 is a good result IMO.

wexman
23/07/2007, 12:14 PM
cobh were v poor the other nite is it true ye were missin four or five players??

bellavistaman
23/07/2007, 12:20 PM
didnt see the line-up, but our best player so far john Kearney was out, massive loss. John Meade got injured in the warm up i heard, hes been in top form. And davin o neill was suspended who is on his day possibly one of the best players i the league, but Wexford away isnt the sort of game he shines in. Definitly 3 out, will check it out.

passinginterest
23/07/2007, 12:23 PM
best performance from us so far even though 0 - 0. didnt miss sinnott one bit. o loughlin was far better in midfield gettin the chance to run at their back line. we still need a striker. looks like we are cobhs boogey team. its a long time since a home win & we just dont look like we are ever going 2 score. wallace raised his fist to the fans after the game as if we had won. If not gettin beat at home is a result in his eyes we will b in the new bottom tier nxt year or yr after

We must have been good, that's half a positive quote, if only you could have kept it going :D.

Unfortunately my plans changed and I didn't make it down, but I like the Saturday evening kick offs and I should make one soon.

Any estimates of attendance? My Da said about 500.

wexman
23/07/2007, 12:29 PM
its hard 2 know with attendance. a lot of empty seats but a lot standin & behind the goals i would say 400 - 500 is close. tough couple of games ahead with athlone away & limerick at home hopefully we can gain some points

wexfordseagull
23/07/2007, 11:30 PM
official attendance 366.we also had an excellent chance to score in 1st half with a header and had one kicked off the line near the end,best i've seen all season.

sobersod
23/07/2007, 11:37 PM
The new supporters club badge is on our site

kopite
25/07/2007, 9:50 PM
its amazing how many different views we get from the same game.11 behind the ball was a game plan[mind you its micks belief,and he won't hide from it]its called consolidation,cobh like to play around at the back,so,we let them.ask yourself,how many times did they get behind our back 4?As to cobh being poor,we got among them and didn,t let them play[they're not 2nd in the league for nothin],so i would have to congatulate the coaching staff on job well done.when mick raised his hand at the end it was in appreciation of the few supporters who were singing his name.i would love to go and see the youths win every week,but ,it ain't gonna happen,1st year in the league,some very talented 21/18s comin up....LOOK AT THE BIGGER PICTURE!

new blue
25/07/2007, 11:27 PM
This was an excellent display by our lads. Very proud of them. Much more self-belief and willing to take them on at times. We could have won - don't know how the ball stayed out in scramble near the end. Win for 21s too so great weekend overall. Well done to all!!!

brokenstar
26/07/2007, 12:22 PM
This was the first time I've seen our lads go out and take the game to another team, and it caught Cobh off-guard in a big way. We have to have more self belief and confidence in going forward. Liam O' Loughlin was in dazzling form, the centre backs held their own and gave good strong solid displays. The only concern for me would be that Garret seems to sit back too deep sometimes and drags the other defenders back so as not to leave any gaps. We could have easily pushed on a bit more especially when playing at home. On saying that though, it's a minor thing at the moment. The ball moved very freely through midfield and we used the flanks alot more, which was a very good sign because we crucified them when we ran at them down the wings. I was impressed by the lads after this game and surely this will give their confidence a massive boost.

Come on the Youths!!