PDA

View Full Version : The are there any Kilkenny Fans thread?

Bully Bull
14/07/2007, 6:58 PM
Looking a bit bare.Is there any of ye at all?:rolleyes:

TheBoss
16/07/2007, 11:39 PM
Is there any Kilkenny fans in Ireland :D

mon_cutie07
18/07/2007, 2:00 PM
not looking like it!! ;)

stann
18/07/2007, 5:44 PM
Finlma is on foot regularly, even if not often posting here.
There's at least two more in recent times, someone called something like kilkennycat2006, and another one I should remember but can't.

Mr A
18/07/2007, 6:12 PM
They haven't won at home in well over a year. No wonder people don't go to watch them.

I have great respect for clubs who focus on facilities and development rather than immediate success, but I think Kilkenny take this too far. Ultimately if you never win a home game you can't complain if people don't come out to watch you play.

finlma
19/07/2007, 8:53 AM
There aren't too many of us alright - following in the footsteps of the dodo. I only get to see a few games a year since I don't live in Kilkenny any more. Buckley Park is a decent stadium but the standard of football leaves a lot to be desired. We need to try and get a settled team and manager. We haven't had any joy since the good old days of Alfie Hale.

Ash
19/07/2007, 9:18 AM
patcor (I think) used to post here, he ran the Supporters Club.

Rams-07
19/07/2007, 10:26 AM
Always liked going to Killkenny..lovely pitch..nice stand..friendly people...

Bluebeard
19/07/2007, 1:10 PM
Blobbyblob was a regular poster too, though I haven't seen him here in a spell.

I haven't been to Buckley in years - I used occasionally go when we were in Ballybofey or somewhere, to check out the opposition, as we were terminally first division back then.

Rams-07
19/07/2007, 1:12 PM
could be back there next season......

stann
19/07/2007, 4:30 PM
Blobbyblob, that's the one Bluebeard!

Rams, have ye lot never heard of hubris down there? Ye're worse than the Sligo and Galway kids.
Be some crash for yiz when Limerick whop ye in the play-off. :D
And then beat us! :D

sadloserkid
20/07/2007, 2:40 AM
Aside from Aaron Shanahan (the soundest player in league history) Kilkenny hasn't brought much to the table these last few years. Aidan Price too I suppose.

finlma
26/07/2007, 5:57 PM
Aside from Aaron Shanahan (the soundest player in league history) Kilkenny hasn't brought much to the table these last few years. Aidan Price too I suppose.

There are plenty of players who have come from Kilkenny - some of them didn't play for city though. Davey Mulcahy, Packie Holden, Neil Andrews, Michael Reddy.

higgins
02/08/2007, 12:37 AM
I was down there at the Kilkenny v Shels game on Tuesday night. I know shels are not coming in as the team they were last season but there were about 40 Kilkenny fans at the game !!

I was thinking to myself that those involved in the club and some family from the players would nearly add up to 40 in itself...

Shocking stuff

I like Kilkenny and I wish they were doing better but it doesn't look good for them at the moment. Is it from this season that clubs bottom of the First may get kicked out ?

and going on about the ground being good and thats where the money goes is simply not true. The stand behind the goal is decent, even if it's dirty.. The rest of the ground is pretty useless. The toilets are not in any fit state for use. Whatever grows on that wall belongs in a lab! The entrance to the ground itself needs serious work. An odd sign or two would be nice as you come up to the ground.

It looks bad for them

Saint MacDara
04/08/2007, 12:29 AM
I dont think any club will necessarily be kicked out.I thought from the 2009 season it's gonna be a 10 team premier division and a 12 team first division.

So unless a club outside the 22 we already have applies to join the league Kilkenny will have their place in the league if they wish to remain.

ps,i cant cant envisage any new club wishing to join the league,and who can blame them.

Schumi
04/08/2007, 5:21 PM
The bottom club in the first division will have to play off against the top non-reserve team in the new A League when that starts.

half_full
05/08/2007, 10:55 AM
To be fair to them, they never spend a cent over what they cant afford, something that a LOT of clubs, and ex-clubs in the league cant say (Blues included). How many other clubs can say that of their recent financial history? Monaghan, Galway and UCD maybe?

Nice to see that they have recruited local/south-east players this season aswel.

A face
06/08/2007, 12:39 AM
There just needs to be a bit more activity around the City, and the club seem to be moving in the right direction in that regard. Like any club, be it Rugby, GAA or Basketball, the club needs people to come in and help behind the scenes, to make things happen.

To be fair, Kilkenny have never had financial trouble and always meet regulation standards as regards licencing etc. There are some seriously hard working people behind the scenes, they just need support.

Like alot of clubs, its very fragmented from Junior football, and if that were not the case then junior football and Kilkenny would prosper. sadly that is not the case.

Mr A
09/08/2007, 8:14 PM
Monaghan, Galway and UCD maybe?

About 10 years ago I remember Monaghan being in big bother financially, and Galway went very close to going under only three or four years ago. I seem to remember Kilkenny having bother at one stage as well.

I think basically every club in the league has gone close to extinction at one point or another apart from UCD.

Schumi
10/08/2007, 11:34 AM
I think basically every club in the league has gone close to extinction at one point or another apart from UCD.I believe we had to dramatically cut our spending in the mid-80s, coincidentally soon after winning the cup...

Sniffer
13/08/2007, 2:42 PM
Often have to give Jim Rhatigan a call and he is a thorough gentleman. I think everybody wishes Kilkenny City well and would like to see eL football prosper in the area.

L37Ultra
13/08/2007, 3:55 PM
They haven't won at home in well over a year. No wonder people don't go to watch them.

Trust Limerick to change that statistic!!

Pablo
14/08/2007, 4:12 PM
Their website says they are running abus to The X on Friday night so there must be some!

Then again the team and directors are probably on that too :p

NY Hoop
15/08/2007, 12:55 PM
Kilkenny City are well worth their place in the league. Tidy ground and never in financial trouble.

Whatever about the crowds they are getting now they have potential unlike Monaghan. When we played them in the 91 Cup semi there was 5000 at Buckley Park. And they got good crowds when they were last in the premier.

Always meet these two brothers in Kilkenny City tops at Ireland away games!

Unfortunately the ground location is not very well advertised e.g. no signs on the way out and no footpath either.

Hope ex Hoop Tommy Gaynor turns it around.

KOH

Magicme
15/08/2007, 5:45 PM
U always gotta have a pop Mr Hoop, u missing me that much?? :D