PDA

View Full Version : Limerick to play on Thursdat evenings???

sadloserkid
25/03/2003, 10:07 AM
Why??? What can possibly be gained by playing midweek??? :confused:

LFC in Exile
25/03/2003, 11:11 AM
Where did this come from? Being completely selfish this is awful news.

But are there lights in Pike or are they relying on the longer evenings? If so, they will have to revert to Sundays later in the season and kick-off every match at 6.30 at the latest.

Limerick don't have any scheduled home mid-week matches - I thought that they had sought that because of the lack of lights.

Say it ain't so!

sadloserkid
25/03/2003, 11:24 AM
One of the lads was talking to Michael O'Sullivan and it seems to be so. A silly move for a club who probably rely more than most on away support. As you said it'll have to be abandoned as the months wear on but I think it's a terrible mistake personally...

JohnD
25/03/2003, 4:27 PM
Personally I think it may work. We are not competing with anyone should be no footie on the box. Sunday is not working so lets try midweek. Summer weekday evenings sounds good watching a game. If we get more locals to come we wont have to worry about lack of away support.

deise deserter
25/03/2003, 4:34 PM
I think the more pressing question is who decided we were playinf on Thursday? LFC or Pike? If it is Pike dictating (and excuse tha arrogance :p but) we should really look at getting out asap.

sadloserkid
25/03/2003, 4:34 PM
Originally posted by JohnD
Personally I think it may work. We are not competing with anyone should be no footie on the box. Sunday is not working so lets try midweek. Summer weekday evenings sounds good watching a game. If we get more locals to come we wont have to worry about lack of away support.

We tried it at the start of last season and even by last seasons abysmal standards Jackman was empty...

sadloserkid
25/03/2003, 4:37 PM
Originally posted by deise deserter
I think the more pressing question is who decided we were playinf on Sunday?

er... we're not playing on Sundays dude...

Schumi
25/03/2003, 4:42 PM
Thursday nights are a terrible time for football.

lims fan
26/03/2003, 6:37 AM
will realise how little the club cares about us. We are pieces of **** on their shoe. "Ah Shir we'll try something different" is the club's motto. I'm afraid lads that rules me out of every single hoem game this season along with LFC in Exile and many other limerick fans.
If any of you went to the dublin city game in tolka last season there were over 100 Limerick fans there probably all based in dublin or nearby!
Sorry to say lads the club has kicked you right in the stones and now the apologists have been beaten with their own sticks.
The worst choice of venue on the worst time od the week. Yes the people who made this decision are ****ing morons. They are pathetic non-football men. They are ignoramouses who are governed by an arrogant, selfish smalltime butcher who i would roast on my barbie just like a brisket.