PDA

View Full Version : Micks Blues

kopite
14/07/2007, 5:24 PM
felt sorry for mick after monaghan game,we done very well for 50/55 mins,then it just all fell apart.we probably had the better of the exchanges in the 1st half,started the 2nd well enough but then we just died,not fade,died.mick made a sub 10 mins in 2nd half and we lost a lot of mobility up front,but you can't put the blame on that alone.some of the players need to stand up and be counted-FOOTBALL DOESN'T GIVE YOU CHARACTER.........IT SHOWS WHOSE GOT IT!
nice to meet magicme,no sign of mon cutie.we had a massive 7 fans,8 if you include gar larkin!:(

new blue
15/07/2007, 12:31 AM
I believe we shot ourselves in the foot.
Very disappointing result. Monaghan are no world beaters by all accounts.

kopite
15/07/2007, 12:32 PM
sorry new blue,if we shot ourselves in the foot we'd miss!
we missed some good chances,but the most frustrating aspect of our game for me is not prepared to pull the trigger in or around the box,just not taking responsibility,i think they're afraid to make mistakes?i would rather we lost 4/5 balls a game and a have a go,than not have a go.IF YOU DON'T SHOOT....YOU WON'T SCORE!

brokenstar
15/07/2007, 9:31 PM
sorry new blue,if we shot ourselves in the foot we'd miss!
we missed some good chances,but the most frustrating aspect of our game for me is not prepared to pull the trigger in or around the box,just not taking responsibility,i think they're afraid to make mistakes?i would rather we lost 4/5 balls a game and a have a go,than not have a go.IF YOU DON'T SHOOT....YOU WON'T SCORE!

I've had the same conversations with people and have posted the same views on here Kopite. The mark of a good quality striker is greed, if you know what I mean. It seems the lads are to preoccupied with trying to pass even on sight of goal so as not to upset anyone. Not one of us fans would begrudge them sending a shi* load of shots over the bar or wide during a game because at least it'd show we're having attempts on goal. Someone needs to grab the bull by the horns and be a greedy f**ker and have a pop more than they are now. There's too much respect being shown to the teams in this league, because we all know, we are capable of matching them and even beating them on our day.