PDA

View Full Version : Ciarán Foley

sadloserkid
25/03/2003, 9:36 AM
This was posted by a Cobh fan... shows how much football is about opinions! :)

"who was the baldy fella (kojak as we called him) playing on the left for ye that day? he was class!!

deise deserter
25/03/2003, 5:23 PM
I thought that he played well in that position too.

That said heard he was a nightmare the year before ...

sadloserkid
25/03/2003, 5:26 PM
Originally posted by deise deserter
I thought that he played well in that position too.

That said heard he was a nightmare the year before ...

oh he was... you're probably better off having not had to endure it... I know you're a fan but I have memories that would dampen your schoolboy crush considerably! ;)

lims fan
26/03/2003, 7:41 AM
****it i thought he ****ed off back under the rock he crawled from he is a 2 bob muppet

deise deserter
26/03/2003, 11:05 AM
Posted by SLK:

dampen your schoolboy crush considerably!

Hey be careful or the anti-homophobia section of foot.ie will get you the same as they did poor old Lims Fan!!!

(SLK: 100th POst BTW - woo hoo!)

deise deserter
26/03/2003, 11:06 AM
Ooh I'm a Seasoned Pro!!!

Do I get a place on the SLK Dream Team?? Possibly replacing Shane O'Donaghue?? Hey, I couldn't do any worse...

sadloserkid
26/03/2003, 11:10 AM
Hey be careful or the anti-homophobia section of foot.ie will get you the same as they did poor old Lims Fan!!!

But I'm advocating same-sex relationships, I'm clearly a modern thinker! :rolleyes:

Anyway in summation Ciarán Foley is nowhere near as good a player as you either you or the Cobh Ramblers fan rate him nor is he the abysmal waste of space that Lims Fan dubs him. Somewhere in the middle.

deise deserter
26/03/2003, 2:46 PM
I wouldn't rate him as highly as you seem to think I rate him SLK. I would consider him a player who always gives his full on the pitch. Someone who fights for the ball and quite often plays above himself.

And seeing as you are advocating same-sex relationships, I can just picture you and Ciaran skipping down a soccer field hand-in-hand - your long scummy black hair blowing in the wind, and his bald head shining in the sun!!:p

sadloserkid
26/03/2003, 2:49 PM
I wouldn't rate him as highly as you seem to think I rate him SLK. I would consider him a player who always gives his full on the pitch. Someone who fights for the ball and quite often plays above himself.

Always gives his full? Fights for the ball? Big deal Deise man. That could be me. As for playing above himself that's basically acknowledgement of his mediocrity... he's adequate, not a bad player but nothing more. He did well for us this year but is no world beater.