PDA

View Full Version : Draw for Slovakia and Czech Tickets?

Pages : [1] 2

onenilgameover
12/07/2007, 10:00 PM
Anyone know when the FAI are doing the Block Booking draw? I rang up but I put the phone down with more questions then anwsers....

NeilMcD
13/07/2007, 9:17 AM
I was told in the next 2 weeks. Whether its its a draw is questionable.

KildareRed
13/07/2007, 1:40 PM
You would think there would be a computerised system in place where you could apply online for tickets or find results of ballots. instead on them sending you out an application form and you sending it back, then if successful them sending you a ticket invoice and you sending it back and then them sending you the tickets. Its a bit of a joke but what would you expect its the fai.

Ash
13/07/2007, 1:44 PM
The FAI are the most fantastic, professional and fair organisation in the World
:D

I'm hoping someone from the FAI reads this and promptly moves my name
to the top of the allocation "draw" ;)

andrew1977
13/07/2007, 9:19 PM
All who applied for slovakia tickets are going to get them, announced today, the FAI received and extra allocation of 3,500 tickets (i think thats the amount )

zenokelly
14/07/2007, 4:46 PM
The FAI are the most fantastic, professional and fair organisation in the World

Your dead right there sure look they got an extra allcocation of 3,500 tickets for the Slovakia match even though there'll probably be 10,000 seats empty!

zinedineontour
14/07/2007, 5:04 PM
Your dead right there sure look they got an extra allcocation of 3,500 tickets for the Slovakia match even though there'll probably be 10,000 seats empty!

You cant knock them for that they did well to get more than we were initially given. Hopefullly they can do the same for prague.

KildareRed
15/07/2007, 8:47 PM
You cant knock them for that they did well to get more than we were initially given. Hopefullly they can do the same for prague.

We werent initally given the amount of tickets they stated. We were just intitled to 10% but we were always going to get more hence them sending out applications to get numbers

jbyrne
17/07/2007, 1:10 PM
You would think there would be a computerised system in place where you could apply online for tickets or find results of ballots. instead on them sending you out an application form and you sending it back, then if successful them sending you a ticket invoice and you sending it back and then them sending you the tickets. Its a bit of a joke but what would you expect its the fai.

you obviously havent dealt with the ticket office too much then. always helpful and efficient. id say most on here would agree

stiofain
17/07/2007, 4:41 PM
you obviously havent dealt with the ticket office too much then. always helpful and efficient. id say most on here would agree

Credit where its due, i cant fault them either. I just wish they'd introduce a loyality system. They were happy to take my money when flogging tickets for the San Marino game and Denmark in August but they didnt want to know when i was looking for tickets for the two games in Sept, as im not a block booker. Obviously i understand thier position but i think a loyality system when applying for tickets for the more attractive games isnt an unfair request.

KildareRed
17/07/2007, 6:48 PM

I have dealt with the ticket office on a good few occasions down the years and they have always been helpful.
I just think there should be a system in place instead of all this sending back and forth. Take the application I received yesterday, all they needed was my credit card number for the slovakia tickets, surely in this day and age I could log onto their website to apply and pay for tickets.

ArdeeBhoy
18/07/2007, 3:46 PM
Believe the FAI got 6000 tickets for Bratislava, whilst only 2000 or so for Prague, though they are trying to get more.

Schumi
18/07/2007, 6:20 PM
My letter arrived today, dated last Friday. Well done An Post. :rolleyes:

soylent green
18/07/2007, 9:55 PM
My letter arrived today, dated last Friday. Well done An Post. :rolleyes:

and to be returned to the FAI by this Friday.

AidoM
18/07/2007, 10:10 PM
My letter arrived today, dated last Friday. Well done An Post.

Hope you remember to take yourself off the Slovakia ticket waiting list :o :p :D

Ash
19/07/2007, 12:04 PM
People who block book through the District Leagues etc have
already been notified of their allocation for the Czech game.

Schumi
19/07/2007, 12:10 PM
and to be returned to the FAI by this Friday.I know, just as well I'm not applying for loads of tickets!

Ash
25/07/2007, 12:21 PM
Just got letter from FAI with a form looking for the
following details for each ticket reciepient:

- name/address
- inbound and return flight details
- accomodation details

Tickets wont be distributed until this is returned

Sligo Hornet
25/07/2007, 1:02 PM

- name/address
- accomodation details

OK Ash....I'll PM my details so you can fill in the form...thanks for arranging my tickets, your are a gentleman!:D

Ash
25/07/2007, 3:16 PM
OK Ash....I'll PM my details so you can fill in the form...thanks for arranging my tickets, your are a gentleman!:D

Doh! :D

AidoM
25/07/2007, 6:56 PM

- name/address
- accomodation details

This is in respect of the Slovakia match. The letter from the FAI says that
"it is now common practice (:confused:- my smilie) to provide travel details of all persons travelling to away fixtures to the opposing FA and police for security and policing arrangements"

This is the first time that this has been sought from me for an away match :mad: and I'm a little bit worried about getting it for this fixture, given the fear of trouble that has been expressed about this fixture in other threads.

There's going to be a problem for people giving return flight details when it appears that the majority of the fans will be going on to Prague.

P.S. Could somebody, a lot more technical than me, please post this on the Slovakia Match Thread and the ticket thread

Schumi
25/07/2007, 8:10 PM
An Post haven't seen fit to deliver this letter to me yet but I'm sure it's on its way (is there a deadline for the info BTW?). It seems very odd, never heard about anything like this before.

(:confused:- my smilie)LOL. I was expecting to get a letter with a confused smilie in it from the FAI. :D

AidoM
25/07/2007, 8:15 PM
An Post haven't seen fit to deliver this letter to me yet but I'm sure it's on its way (is there a deadline for the info BTW?). It seems very odd, never heard about anything like this before.

LOL. I was expecting to get a letter with a confused smilie in it from the FAI. :D

To be returned by close of business on Wednesday 1st August 2007.

It may also cause complications with tickets on the exchange thread. The other question is will it be usable by the authorities :confused:

onenilgameover
25/07/2007, 9:39 PM
I got one aswell...very odd

Ash
26/07/2007, 8:17 AM
This is in respect of the Slovakia match.
The letter from the FAI says that
"it is now common practice (:confused:- my smilie) to provide travel
details of all persons travelling to away fixtures to the opposing FA
and police for security and policing arrangements"

This is the first time that this has been sought from me for an away match :mad: and I'm a little bit worried about getting it for this fixture, given the fear of trouble that has been expressed about this fixture in other threads.

I was thinking the exact same myself!
Last year they sent Schlooomp and meself into the middle of Tel Aviv
with nothing but a ticket and our own cop on as security :eek:

NeilMcD
26/07/2007, 8:20 AM
This is quite normal for matches now. The Tartan army have been gettting it for ages. It is just so the local authorities know how most people are arriving into their country and they can do security checks. The Scots get it for every game now. But I dont think it wil be a problem regarding ticket exchanges etc.

RogerMilla
26/07/2007, 8:41 AM
this is completely ridiculous , we are in the european union , freedom of movement , i have only a flight booked into bratislava , this is former commie police state stuff in my opinion.

AidoM
26/07/2007, 8:44 AM
I was thinking the exact same myself!
Last year they sent Schlooomp and meself into the middle of Tel Aviv
with nothing but a ticket and our own cop on as security :eek:

With the pair of you in the middle of Tel Aviv the whole Israeli army would have been on standby :p

AidoM
26/07/2007, 8:46 AM
This is quite normal for matches now. The Tartan army have been gettting it for ages. It is just so the local authorities know how most people are arriving into their country and they can do security checks. The Scots get it for every game now. But I dont think it wil be a problem regarding ticket exchanges etc.

It's never happened AFAIK for an Ireland game and I think (hope :confused:) it has more to do with local elements than the Irish fans

NeilMcD
26/07/2007, 8:50 AM
I think it will be the norm from now on. As I was saying we have been quite lucky in not having to do it.

Lads I think you are getting your knickers in a twist over nothing. I have just written on the form, train to Prague for the departue end of it and for the arrival I have boat from Vienna. I spoke to the FAI about it and they said that is fine. If you are not flying into Slovakia you dont have to put down the flight number as you are not arriving by plane.

gspain
26/07/2007, 8:54 AM
They took details like this for the 2002 world cup too.

Flying back from Prague won't be an issue just list your flights. They will have no way of confirming this anyway

I imagine this will become a regular occurrence.

Be careful now re double applications.

AidoM
26/07/2007, 9:04 AM
If you are not flying into Slovakia you dont have to put down the flight number as you are not arriving by plane.

:confused: :p :D

NeilMcD
26/07/2007, 9:10 AM
:confused: :p :D

Not sure if you thought I was messing. I am quite serious I was speaking to the guy in the FAI and he said that was fine. Obviously if they know loads of us are arriving by train via Vienna on THursday they will be more prepared for it. Its their way of getting an idea where and when most of the irish fans will be arriving from.

AidoM
26/07/2007, 9:19 AM
Not sure if you thought I was messing. I am quite serious I was speaking to the guy in the FAI and he said that was fine. Obviously if they know loads of us are arriving by train via Vienna on THursday they will be more prepared for it. Its their way of getting an idea where and when most of the irish fans will be arriving from.

Neil, I got your point

I was just takin the pi$$ at you stating the obvious as in the edited quote :rolleyes:

NeilMcD
26/07/2007, 9:38 AM
Just proves I have no Foot.ie sense of humour.

eirebhoy
26/07/2007, 3:04 PM
I got one of these applications this morning. No guarantee of tickets and has to be sent back by 8th August.

AidoM
26/07/2007, 3:36 PM
I got one of these applications this morning. No guarantee of tickets and has to be sent back by 8th August.

Is this application for the czech match :confused:

FAI told me today that notification for the czech match were issuing in the next few days :o

If you have sent in the payment details for the tickets for the slovakia match the travel info was requested for this and the return date was 1st August

BradyIsMyHero
26/07/2007, 3:47 PM
This is to keep the Slovak stasi police in a job

This is like something from Soviet Union days

stiofain
26/07/2007, 4:12 PM
I think it will be the norm from now on. As I was saying we have been quite lucky in not having to do it.

Lads I think you are getting your knickers in a twist over nothing. I have just written on the form, train to Prague for the departue end of it and for the arrival I have boat from Vienna. I spoke to the FAI about it and they said that is fine. If you are not flying into Slovakia you dont have to put down the flight number as you are not arriving by plane.

Lets hope so. They'll hardly be printing the given reciepient's names onto the tickets will they?

KildareRed
26/07/2007, 8:03 PM
I wouldnt say they will check individual details, it is just for their records or if there are any problems. When travelling away in europe with english clubs you have to provide all details aswell.

Schumi
26/07/2007, 8:53 PM
FAI told me today that notification for the czech match were issuing in the next few days :oI got mine today (along with the letter looking for travel details), I only got half of what I asked for. :(

eirebhoy
26/07/2007, 8:57 PM
Is this application for the czech match :confused:

FAI told me today that notification for the czech match were issuing in the next few days :o

If you have sent in the payment details for the tickets for the slovakia match the travel info was requested for this and the return date was 1st August
No, the Slovakia match. I'm not a block booker.

BradyIsMyHero
27/07/2007, 8:39 AM
Got my PFO letter from the FAI today - sorry, no tickets for Czech game, they've all gone to the blazers and our travel agents etc etc (but don't forget to renew your block booking, because we need your money)

AidoM
27/07/2007, 9:16 AM
I got mine today (along with the letter looking for travel details), I only got half of what I asked for. :(

Are you a BB Schumi ?

jbyrne
27/07/2007, 11:25 AM
ticket letters should arrive today. i rang fai and there were over 5,000 applications but only 2,500 tickets. tickets allocated by way of a draw. from our group we ordered 3 sets of 2 tks and were successful with two of them so have the 4 tickets we need

Sligo Hornet
27/07/2007, 11:30 AM
ticket letters should arrive today. i rang fai and there were over 5,000 applications but only 2,500 tickets. tickets allocated by way of a draw. from our group we ordered 3 sets of 2 tks and were successful with two of them so have the 4 tickets we need

No news on the FAI's request for an additional allocation, and from what I heard from a contact in Prague, it looks highly unlikely:(:(

Ash
27/07/2007, 11:37 AM
Just got PFO for Czech tickets :mad:
(I'm a BB)

AidoM
27/07/2007, 11:43 AM
No news on the FAI's request for an additional allocation, and from what I heard from a contact in Prague, it looks highly unlikely:(:(

According to the ticket office this morning they had heard nothing back from the Czech FA on the request for an additional allocation :(

Schumi
27/07/2007, 1:39 PM
Are you a BB Schumi ?Yes. I look after the UCD supporters' club allocation.

DubJohn
27/07/2007, 2:51 PM
No, the Slovakia match. I'm not a block booker.

Nice one. I got the original pfo back in May as I'm not a block booker, and never heard a thing since.

I emailed them today on the off chance that tix might be left over after the increased allocation but they said they're all allocated.