PDA

View Full Version : The Town Pulling out

pixiehead
12/07/2007, 5:09 PM
Dont shoot the messenger but i heard from a source that Longford will disband from the lOI as soon as they are relegated and will enter the Lenster senior league instead. What the Story :confused:

daithi
12/07/2007, 6:21 PM
Bulls**t...............

Ash
18/07/2007, 12:19 PM
I heard something similiar the other day, but didnt know they were
waiting till the end of the season. Thought it was just a matter of
time before everything went pear shaped and they dropped out.

Struggling to pay wages and a few of their players heading our way
apparently!

Not being a WUM by the way, its just what I heard, and as much as
I hate Longford, I hate even more to see any club go t!ts up.

Mr A
18/07/2007, 12:22 PM
If they were going to do that surely they'd have all their players on the way out in July?

Longford may be in bother but a few years in the first building themselves up again and they should be grand. Many clubs have stared extinction in the face and survived- but of course some have not. With Longford sitting on a decent asset in Flancare I just can't see them quitting the league.

gufcfan
18/07/2007, 12:39 PM
I hate to see any club in danger of extinction. Hopefully they can put things right and turn it around for next year.

I cant see them quitting the league altogether. It would be a huge shame. As was mentioned, they have a good asset there in flancare park.

OneRedArmy
18/07/2007, 12:54 PM
Can we baggsy your ground?*

*akin to the old joke about good news and bads new from the doc to the lad getting his legs amputated.......

Longfordian
18/07/2007, 6:03 PM
We're not going out of business any time soon.There are certainly debts, that's no great secret but they're being dealt with.We're not dropping out of the league either. All players have also been paid to date and none are thinking about heading for Athlone. We are going in all likelihood but those involved are confident that we'll be challenging to get back up very quickly. There was a couple of statements on the website recently setting out the situation. Look them up.

John83
18/07/2007, 6:25 PM
We're not going out of business any time soon.There are certainly debts, that's no great secret but they're being dealt with.We're not dropping out of the league either. All players have also been paid to date and none are thinking about heading for Athlone. We are going in all likelihood but those involved are confident that we'll be challenging to get back up very quickly. There was a couple of statements on the website recently setting out the situation. Look them up.
People are kind of untrusting of statements like that these days. Everyone remembers the assurances that used be posted on Shels' site. Still, I'll believe Longford are dropping out when I see it.

Longfordian
18/07/2007, 6:33 PM
Fair enough but they're telling the truth. They're all working hard to bring money in and are in no way giving up on anything.

noby
19/07/2007, 8:06 AM
We are going in all likelihood

Kind of missed a crucial word in that sentence, me thinks.

Longfordian
20/07/2007, 10:29 AM
Oh yeah, "going down" was what I meant to say, obviously.Can't seem to edit it for some reason

Sonic
20/07/2007, 9:13 PM
Bit of a contradiction there so longfordian. You say noone is giving up on anything then you say we are going down. Until it is mathematically possible keep the faith son!!

Longfordian
23/07/2007, 11:37 AM
Point taken. We're going to win the cup and stay up!

galwayhoop
23/07/2007, 1:28 PM
Point taken. We're going to win the cup and stay up!

keep the faith ... don't lose the plot!!!