PDA

View Full Version : new training pitch

Pablo
24/03/2003, 9:46 AM
According to a good source, Dolan and Lennox were in Deerpark CBS near turners Cross on Friday.

They have by all accounts agreed to use the schools huge pitches/gym/changing rooms as the new base for training.

Interesting

Troy.McClure
24/03/2003, 10:20 AM
What happened to the place in Mayfield? I cant comment on the Deerpark place but I guess that it would be handier for the players to get to as its right next to the X and they basically have it free all summer with the kids out of school. Does it have flood lights for night training?

Pablo
24/03/2003, 10:59 AM
theres some lighting. wouldnt be needed really......

i went to school there, its well enclosed, nice pitch and other facilities so it would seem ideal

Ruairi
24/03/2003, 12:26 PM
meself and GWA were watchin them train in Colaiste Stiofain Naofa last tuesday night. It was dark, and dolan still had them out there playing seven a side.

And murphy passed us by without even a grunt, let alone saluting us.

pete
24/03/2003, 2:53 PM
Originally posted by Ruairi
And murphy passed us by without even a grunt, let alone saluting us.

Did you really expect some acknowledgement from Gunther?

;)

Badweather Fan
24/03/2003, 3:00 PM
Well he's not called Grunter Ruari.

Colm
24/03/2003, 5:16 PM
Originally posted by Ruairi
meself and GWA were watchin them train in Colaiste Stiofain Naofa last tuesday night. It was dark, and dolan still had them out there playing seven a side.
That's a big problem alright. We really need a place with lights. Although I suppose with the advent of summer soccer it won't be as much of a neccessity.

Troy.McClure
24/03/2003, 6:06 PM
Ya but pre season starts in Feb/March and the season drags on into October/Nov, so you'll need them then

Schumi
28/03/2003, 7:04 PM
Originally posted by ex-pat
let me get this straight, we, a semi pro club, do not have floodlights! :mad: :mad: :mad:
Of course they have lights, how do you think they played on Friday nights last season? :rolleyes:

Badweather Fan
28/03/2003, 11:21 PM
They're on about training there Schumi.

Originally posted by Schumi
Of course they have lights, how do you think they played on Friday nights last season? :rolleyes:
Why can't they train at the cross when they need lights though?

Peadar
29/03/2003, 7:01 AM
Originally posted by Badweather Fan
Why can't they train at the cross when they need lights though?

That is a very stupid question for obvious reasons such as the degradation of the playing surface as a result of being overused and also for some less obvious reasons.
In order to obtain the FAI Club Licence and meet the UEFA Club Licensing objectives the FAI have outlined that all National League clubs must secure the availability of training facilities for use by Senior Team, U21 Team and Youth Development Programme.
The required training facilities are 1 full-size grass pitch, 1 grass or artificial training area with floodlights, 1 dressing room.