PDA

View Full Version : Derry City game- Note change of Date

Trainee
11/07/2007, 10:02 PM
Our Game with Derry City has been moved from Friday 27 July to Sunday 29 July due to Derry playing away in champions league that week.

Kick Off 7.00pm

DonO'Bate
11/07/2007, 11:54 PM
Our Game with Derry City has been moved from Friday 27 July to Sunday 29 July due to Derry playing away in champions league that week.

Kick Off 7.00pm

It's going to be a tough week then for Utd having to play Derry, Sunderland and Waterford in the space of a few days, three wins out of three would be a magical result.

KoemansCC
12/07/2007, 2:48 AM
It's going to be a tough week then for Utd having to play Derry, Sunderland and Waterford in the space of a few days, three wins out of three would be a magical result.

I'll settle for 2 wins and an exibition game...........

Tir Oilean
12/07/2007, 9:09 AM
Well if we play the exhibition stuff against Waterford we should win that one too!

GuisaSaigon
12/07/2007, 9:23 AM
I wonder if there is any chance of the club moving the waterford game to Sunday afternoon, this might give them a chance to rest, otherwise the u-21's will have to play most of the game v Sunderland.

Tir Oilean
12/07/2007, 10:25 AM
I know ive given out in the past about Dundalk playing on a Thursday night but the odd Sunday afternoon kick off could draw a bit of a crowd if the Gaelic teams go out. It certainly should be tried out anyway.

Claret Murph
12/07/2007, 10:37 AM
Not too sure about that Tir Oilean , as it has been tried in the past and it has always been a let down for the Sunday afternoon games as the crowd don't what to turn out for some reason . I would be happy if we had the under 21s turn out againist Sunderland as win lose or draw it means nothing in the long run .

Tir Oilean
12/07/2007, 10:45 AM
True for ya claret I was being nostalgic going back to the old days, as Koemanscc suggested at the Cork game that we should change the pitch back to the old direction of years ago! Definitely shouldnt put out our first team squad for that game. Maybe for the first half and then put Billy in the dug out for the 2nd half. Having said that I'm sure Billy wont wat to be risking his lads either.

galwayhoop
12/07/2007, 12:07 PM
I wonder if there is any chance of the club moving the waterford game to Sunday afternoon,

as it stands are we meant to play waterford on the day after the sunderland game????

Trainee
12/07/2007, 12:13 PM
Waterford Game Will 100% be on the Friday as Tony does'nt want the waterford game to be moved

Patrick Dunne
12/07/2007, 12:16 PM
Derry on Sunday
Sunderland on Wednesday
Waterford on Friday

There are plenty of players who can make up
the squad against Sunderland :

Alan Gough
Shane Treacy
David Cooke
Alan Keane
Liam McKenna
Vinny Faherty
plus 8/9 U21s and some other local guest players if neccesary

Claret Murph
12/07/2007, 12:16 PM
True for ya claret I was being nostalgic going back to the old days, as Koemanscc suggested at the Cork game that we should change the pitch back to the old direction of years ago! Definitely shouldnt put out our first team squad for that game. Maybe for the first half and then put Billy in the dug out for the 2nd half. Having said that I'm sure Billy wont wat to be risking his lads either.

ORRRRRRR why not play Billy, feed him a few lumps of raw meat and I am sure Billy would take on Sunderland by himself . But really I would love to see Billy do really well with the under 21s and it would be a great idea to see him in charge in the second half againist Sunderland with his team .
Before the Drogs game was called off I did hear something said that Billy would be in charge in the Sligo game up in Corofin again not sure if that was just talk but it would have been interesting :):):)

Tir Oilean
12/07/2007, 2:29 PM
What are the odds of Billy be in a future manager of Utd First team? JC give us some odds even though id say they wouldnt be great! (from a betting oint of view.)

Claret Murph
12/07/2007, 2:51 PM
Derry on Sunday
Sunderland on Tuesday
Waterford on Friday

There are plenty of players who can make up
the squad against Sunderland :

Alan Gough
Shane Treacy
David Cooke
Alan Keane
Liam McKenna
Vinny Faherty
plus 8/9 U21s and some other local guest players if neccesary

PA
I am I right in saying that the Sunderland game is on the Wednesday Ist of August and not the Tuesday as you have said :confused:

gilberto_eire
12/07/2007, 3:44 PM
PA
I am I right in saying that the Sunderland game is on the Wednesday Ist of August and not the Tuesday as you have said :confused:

yes its on the ''galway plate'' day of race week...wednesday

OneRedArmy
12/07/2007, 4:06 PM
Lads I'm completely tempting fate here, but if (and its a huge if given the way we've been playing) we were to beat Pyunik we would be playing Shahktar Donestk in QR2 on Weds 1st August in the Brandywell and I'd be surprised if this match scheduled for Sunday 29th wasn't postponed again.

Hopefully it is postponed if you see where I'm coming from!

sligoman
12/07/2007, 4:08 PM
Hopefully it is postponed if you see where I'm coming from!I'll have a guess at Derry?
:p

DmanDmythDledge
13/07/2007, 1:07 PM
Lads I'm completely tempting fate here, but if (and its a huge if given the way we've been playing) we were to beat Pyunik we would be playing Shahktar Donestk in QR2 on Weds 1st August in the Brandywell and I'd be surprised if this match scheduled for Sunday 29th wasn't postponed again.

Hopefully it is postponed if you see where I'm coming from!
Stupid if it does. Such a big deal to play on a Sunday then again on Wednesday. Embarassing stuff when we are trying to promote a professional league.

GalwayFrancis
13/07/2007, 11:12 PM
Derry on Sunday
Sunderland on Wednesday
Waterford on Friday
Celtic XI on the Wednesday
UCD on the Friday
thats some going

GuisaSaigon
15/07/2007, 11:06 AM
thats some going

Massive!