PDA

View Full Version : The mighty Glasgow Celtic fall at the hands of Inverness Caledonian thistle AGAIN!

Colm
23/03/2003, 8:10 PM
Glasgow Celtic have been dumped out of the Scottish Cup by minnows Inverness Caledonian Thistle in a repeat of what happened a few years ago. They were beaten 1-0.

I wonder what all those Glasgow people who live in Ireland will think of this result?! ;)

Gary
23/03/2003, 9:26 PM
May i be the first to say

SuperCallyGoBallisticCelticAreAtrocious

Greatest headline EVER bar none.

James
23/03/2003, 9:27 PM
langar i was gona post that only couldnt spell it proper like

haha, still though ireland are gona win the uefa cup..

Badweather Fan
23/03/2003, 10:26 PM
A. You're right James they are gonna win the uefa cup.
B. It was their worst starting 11 ever and
C. Even they didn't seem too bothered.
As much as it (sort of) pains me to say it, judging on the last two years Celtic are starting to look like a team.

Shed End John
24/03/2003, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Colm
I wonder what all those Glasgow people who live in Ireland will think of this result?! ;)

Being something of a Celtic man, albeit at a HUGE distance, I'd say it'll benefit Celtic. At least now they won't suffer the kind of fixture congestion that Roddy Forsythe was fearful of in the Title sports paper a number of weeks back. I'd be genuinely surprised if Celtic lost another game for the rest of the season.

Ruairi
24/03/2003, 4:17 PM
And yet again SEJ kills off yet another topic...:rolleyes:

A face
24/03/2003, 4:32 PM
Originally posted by Ruairi
And yet again SEJ kills off yet another topic...:rolleyes:

nah i'd say ..... selltic are WEST BRIT B@STARDS, and i hate all the plastic paddy's that support them, Claiming they are Irish and supporting an Irish team, i mean what kinda od suedo-fiction is that like. Freaks !!

Colm
24/03/2003, 9:04 PM
Originally posted by Badweather Fan
It was their worst starting 11 ever
Eh, I don't think so. Hartson, Larsson, Lennon, Valgearan (sp?) and a whole load of other first team regulars were playing.

That classic headline was on the back of the sun again today. It read- 'SuperCaleyGoBallisticCelticAreAtrocious AGAIN':)

Badweather Fan
24/03/2003, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Colm
and a whole load of other first team regulars were playing.
What whole load?
Hartson got 10 minutes.

Shed End John
25/03/2003, 2:32 PM
Originally posted by Badweather Fan
What whole load?
Hartson got 10 minutes.

I think Colm is only trying to point out that Celtic's reserve team should have been good enough to put Caley away. Celtic obviously took a dive, and should they go on to do the League/UEFA Cup double the ends will more than justify the means.

fonzi
28/03/2003, 9:07 AM
its funny really.
if rangers or celtic loose to ANY other team in Scotland it's seen as a complete joke.

patsh
28/03/2003, 2:05 PM
Originally posted by fonzi
its funny really.
if rangers or celtic loose to ANY other team in Scotland it's seen as a complete joke.
Yeah when you think of how fans of these 2 teams would run down the eL, yet they are following what basically amounts to a two team league.:rolleyes: