PDA

View Full Version : Another manager gone

Sniffer
10/07/2007, 6:45 PM
It deserves a mention; Brendan Rea packed in the job at Kilkenny City today. More here.
http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2007/0710/kilkennycity.html

Philly
10/07/2007, 7:18 PM
Possibly the most frustrating job on the planet. Good luck to him, he had them very well organised.

Solar
11/07/2007, 2:30 PM
:)

Tommy Gaynor Announced New Manager of Kilkenny City

Wednesday, July 11th 2007

Former Nottingham Forest favourite, Tommy Gaynor is the new manager of Kilkenny City Football Club.

The striker who was signed for Forest by the then manager, football legend Brian Clough, had a spell with Kilkenny City in 1997 under the then boss Alfie Hale.

Gaynor takes up his new job immediately and is due to meet the players in training tonight. The Limerick-born boss is delighted with the challenge. He said: “I enjoyed my football with Kilkenny and Alfie Hale in the late nineties and I am really looking forward to working hard towards bringing City up the eircom League of Ireland First Division table."

"The club has made amazing progress at its Buckley Park grounds since I played there and that good work has now to be matched on the park,” he added.

Gaynor has been appointed until the end of the season and will be assisted by the club’s Under-21 team manager Noel Byrne.

He will be in charge for Sunday’s away game at Lissywoollen against Athlone.

A face
11/07/2007, 9:31 PM
That should be a good signing for the Cats, fair play. Onwards and upwards.

steno
11/07/2007, 9:36 PM
Surprised to hear Rea has left but good luck to the new fella.

Ash
12/07/2007, 8:06 AM
Surely that should have read former Athlone Town favourite :D

Good luck to Tommy ... but I want to defer the luck until next week :p

:)

Tommy Gaynor Announced New Manager of Kilkenny City

Wednesday, July 11th 2007

Former Nottingham Forest favourite, Tommy Gaynor is the new manager of Kilkenny City Football Club.

The striker who was signed for Forest by the then manager, football legend Brian Clough, had a spell with Kilkenny City in 1997 under the then boss Alfie Hale.

Gaynor takes up his new job immediately and is due to meet the players in training tonight. The Limerick-born boss is delighted with the challenge. He said: “I enjoyed my football with Kilkenny and Alfie Hale in the late nineties and I am really looking forward to working hard towards bringing City up the eircom League of Ireland First Division table."

"The club has made amazing progress at its Buckley Park grounds since I played there and that good work has now to be matched on the park,” he added.

Gaynor has been appointed until the end of the season and will be assisted by the club’s Under-21 team manager Noel Byrne.

He will be in charge for Sunday’s away game at Lissywoollen against Athlone.

CollegeTillIDie
12/07/2007, 9:55 AM
Brendan Rea cited pressure of work. A lot of the midweek fixtures in the First Division and time involved cannot help anyone with a job to be fair, be they player, technical staff, offical or fan!

Jerry The Saint
12/07/2007, 9:56 AM
Good to see a new name in the manager's clique - anyone know what Gaynor's been up to before now?

Here's something odd that I don't think people have factored into the League Prediction thread - the lack of title-winning experience among managers in the league.

In the Premier, only Damien Richardson - with one league win in 16 seasons of management - has won it before (and with Pat Dolan's team;)). Even though he's not "officially" in charge (yet), Kerr definitely has the best record in terms of success with the resources available to him at the time.

green-blood
12/07/2007, 12:33 PM
well scully has led a league winning charge

Jerry The Saint
12/07/2007, 1:50 PM
well scully has led a league winning charge

:D Knew someone would bring up Scully's legendary achievement in the minor leagues.

Larry 'da' Wyse
12/07/2007, 2:00 PM
[QUOTE=Jerry The Saint;722644]Good to see a new name in the manager's clique - anyone know what Gaynor's been up to before now?

He had a successful spell with Peake Villa in the TSDL a fw years back