PDA

View Full Version : Review: Galway United v Cork City

A face
10/07/2007, 3:51 PM
Review: Galway United v Cork City

Cork City return to League of Ireland action for the first time in two weeks as they visit Galway United on Tuesday night. Still in the Intertoto Cup and left disappointed by last Tuesday's League Cup exit to Bohemians, Cork must quickly their focus back on the league where they are currently fifth. Galway too are looking to climb as they occupy tenth place.

Galway United vs Cork City
(Terryland Park - 7:45 pm - Premier)
Referee : Richie Winter

Galway have played nine competitive games at Terryland Park this year and won none of them. Although they have a league total of fifteen points - just four of them have come at home and the Tribesmen have lost four games with home "advantage". Galway could climb as high as eighth with a good win but at this stage it'd be likely that manager Tony Cousins would be happy just to retain Premier Division football when the season is over.

Read more at www.irishfootballonline.com (http://www.irishfootballonline.com/news_story.php?newsid=6891)

pete
10/07/2007, 9:49 PM
Great Result. With 2 games in hand both at home it really sets us up nicely to a league challenge. Would have to see us getting 4 or 6 points off Bray & UCD at home.

Cork City: Devine; Horgan, Murray, Kelly, Woods; Kearney, Lordan, Healy, Farrelly (O'Brien, 85); O'Flynn (Behan, 86), O'Donovan (McSweeney, 90).

RTE report (http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2007/0710/cork.html)

Hopefully the travelling does not take too much out of the team for Saturday.

:cool:

ollie
11/07/2007, 2:29 PM
That was a very important result last night. Much more important than the game against Hammerby. Good to see O Flynn playing well, hopefully he can keep this kind of form up. We need him to contribute more on a more regular basis. O Donovan seems to be knocking them in for fun at the moment!:)

Tir Oilean
11/07/2007, 4:02 PM
Good game last night even though result didnt go our way ye were a pleasure to watch. We were ok in the first half and missed 2 glorious chances. However your 2nd half was excellent if a bit boring at times. Passing back to the keeper at every opportunity and pushing up for the offside (ironically ye were caught offside a hell of alot more than we were. Farrelly and Healy didnt match my expectations, Kearney was good in the 2nd half but seemed to be under control of Wes in the 1st. I genuinely would like to see you win the League not because I live in Cork but on the basis of the way I've seen you play during the season (with the exception of our game at Turners Cross!)