PDA

View Full Version : Lads I need some help

UCD_4_Life
22/03/2003, 9:00 PM
I'm researching UCD for CM4 and I was if you could give me any info on U-21 players.

Just names and positions and if possible a short description. I've already got a few but any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

pineapple stu
23/03/2003, 3:00 PM
What sort of time are you talking? We've a match on Tuesday week, so I can get some names then anyway...

UCD_4_Life
23/03/2003, 7:26 PM
Well today or tomorrow would be nice, I've to send my data back on Monday or Tuesday.

I've got 42 players and staff (without Griffin, McGrath and Andrews) so it's not looking too bad.

@ndy
24/03/2003, 12:35 PM
Don't forget to include new defender Stephen 'Harpo' Joyce...and our manager is of course John Rutledge!

pineapple stu
24/03/2003, 1:43 PM
Sure I never play any of the reserves anyway!:p

Pat Burke has to be in - he's a forward. Niall Donnelly is a centre-back. Don't know any more apart from that. I've been to a couple of reserve games (they were against Trinity is my excuse) and we seem to play mainly first teamers who aren't getting a game at the moment. And Paul Doolin.:D

BTW, Just knocked out Celtic to reach the Group stages of the Champions' League at last - drew Real Madrid, Rangers and Roma :( Don't think that's going to go too well!

And don't forget - We still have Bazza, Clive's on a two-year loan from West Ham to us, Mick O'Donnell is world class and Alan Cawley's finishing is 1 ;) Should make it easier to win things! :D

Is this the record for most number of smilies on a single post?

(Well, it was but I got told to take them out...)

Schumi
24/03/2003, 2:44 PM
Originally posted by pineapple stu
BTW, Just knocked out Celtic to reach the Group stages of the Champions' League at last - drew Real Madrid, Rangers and Roma :( Don't think that's going to go too well! I've just won 4 trophies in 1 season :D but Shels stayed up, just :mad: .

John83
24/03/2003, 3:35 PM
There's a central midfielder called Donal Patterson. He'd be about 20. He's short (maybe 5'9"), and slight, but creative and flashy. He can also play on the wing. Dunno how good he is compaied to the others, but he was fantastic for our secondary school.

Badweather Fan
24/03/2003, 3:38 PM
Originally posted by UCD_4_Life
I'm researching UCD for CM4 and I was if you could give me any info on U-21 players.
Fair fecking play to ya.
How did ya get that?

How much are ya paying them?:D
Do ya ge to decide how classy their shooting is and the likes?

UCD_4_Life
24/03/2003, 4:34 PM
Originally posted by Badweather Fan
Fair fecking play to ya.
How did ya get that?

I hassled the head researcher for Ireland until he gave me the gig. :D

I get to do all the stats for all players although I'll be sacked if I'm seen to be giving players great stats, as in unrealistic.

I've got Burke, Donnelly and Patterson already. We actually would've had Clive if it wasn't for me. In the original version of the game he will be there. My data will be added in a patch released on Friday (same say as the game).

I'm handing my squad in now so thanks for yer help. If you've got anything in future though I'd be glad of the help. Thanks.

sadloserkid
24/03/2003, 4:39 PM
Fair fecking play to ya.
How did ya get that?

Tis easy man, just contact Darren Matthews and he'll take it from there. I've started doing Limerick twice but it's actually quite time consuming and I've never managed to finish it for the final game. Always tempted to sneak myself in though, even if just as a physio or a scout! :D

Badweather Fan
24/03/2003, 4:46 PM
Originally posted by sadloserkid
Tis easy man, just contact Darren Matthews and he'll take it from there
I'm not sure will i be able to pop around to him tonight at all SLK!:)
Who's he when he's at home?
Who has the City job?
But isn't it a once every two years job?:)

sadloserkid
24/03/2003, 4:50 PM
I'm not sure will i be able to pop around to him tonight at all SLK!:)
Who's he when he's at home?
Who has the City job?
But isn't it a once every two years job?:)

He's head of research for the eircom League for Championship Manager.. don't have an e-mail addy handy but I'm sure the UCD lad above does. I think Éanna may have been involved at one point for CCFC, I'm not sure. And I think it's annual, I know I'll be buying my 4th edition in as many seasons at the end of the week unless there's been more delays. :rolleyes:

And the mod of this forum (Schumi?) might wanna split he thread right about now too...

Schumi
24/03/2003, 4:53 PM
Originally posted by sadloserkid
And the mod of this forum (Schumi?) might wanna split he thread right about now too... Nah, it's all related. (sort of) :)

P.S. I have the CM guy's e-mail address somewhere, I'll PM it to you when I find it.

UCD_4_Life
24/03/2003, 4:54 PM
darren_cm@hotmail.com

That's his address.

Badweather Fan
24/03/2003, 4:58 PM
Dunno if they'll need anyones help at this late stage but i'll give it a go.
Ta.