PDA

View Full Version : FEEBLE, TOKEN SIGNINGS, O'Connor is a muppet of biblical proportions

lims fan
22/03/2003, 12:47 AM
wHEN WILL O'CONNOR HAVE THE GUTS TO SHIP OUT THE DEAD WOOD IE
fRANK Browne
Eoin poill
John White
Derek white
Shane O'D
Brain D
Ciaran Foley
Barry "token jump" ryan

He has 3,500 euro in wages to spend compared to tommy lynch's 400 pounds and Lynch got together a much better squad. O'Connor is paying this staggering wage bill to nobodys who will scupper Limerick senior soccer for one more year.
For 3,500 per week we should have the best squad in division 1 and certainly should not have a stubborn bitter ignoramous with no football knowledge or people skills managing our side.
**** off O'Connor, you're not wanted. You are loathed.

deise deserter
22/03/2003, 7:12 PM
Lims: With all the wierd cap-locks tomfoolery and dodge English combined with the lateness of your post, could this be an apres-pub rant?;)

Joking aside though, I would agree with you on a couple of players that you have mentioned - particularly Shane O'Donaghue. The guy is gutless on the field and pulls out of every challenge - I don't see any place for him on the team. I still believe that O'Connor has done reasonably well with what he has had - in both a players and a monetary sense - but some of his decisions (Eg: Weldrick warming the bench for a substantial part of last season) have left me bewildered and wondering what he is thinking. From reports however he seems to have signed a few good players this season (all info in the thread about the Cork friendly for details) so I think we should give a couple of games to see how it pans out before we throw the baby out with the bathwater.

lims fan
23/03/2003, 12:06 AM
He has only signed 1 decent player - Brian Morris-Roe!! AND WE HAVE AT LEAST 40 COMPETITIVE GAMES TO PLAY THIS SEASON!
He has had failed to sign a new striker to partner O'Flynn in over 12 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Noel O'connor doesn't know what it takes to win. He is an arrogant, stubborn loser. He has 7 times the salary that Tommy Lynch has and he has assembled an even worse team!!!!! For 3,500 per week the club could have 2 full time professionals but alas they chose to give it to the fat morons like O'Donoghue and "token jump" barry ryan, eoin "panic" poill and "downtown" frankie browne.
Are you not embarassed for all limerick fans that apes like this are playing for your team. They are nothing. Get real man.
O'Connor you are loathed.

deise deserter
23/03/2003, 10:44 AM
fat morons

Ah, quality soccer terms being used again, eh?

He has only signed 1 decent player - Brian Morris-Roe!!

I think it is a little early to condemn all new signings - could we at least wait until the season starts and we can actually see them in a Limerick jersey? If at that point in time they are as crap as you believe then I will shout it from the rooftops with you!:p

LFC in Exile
24/03/2003, 8:03 AM
By all accounts Tommy Lunch left Limerick when he was offered £400 per week in wages. That was two seasons ago. I presume Noel O'Connor took over a squad with the same wage bill i.e. £400. That season we won the League Cup.

This season the wage bill is EUR 3500 according to the leader. This has been used to sign experiencec, NON-LOCAL players. Exactly what Lims fan was looking for all last year. Now the manager is slagged for signing new players. I agree with Deise that I'd like to see some of these players actually play before I judge them. That wouldn't stop Lims Fan from judging though.

By the way, I have yet to hear Lims Fan respond to my point that he should give the committee credit for raising EUR 3,500 for wages each week.

I am starting to think this is more about Tommy Lunch than Noel O'Connor. I bet Tommy wouldn't mind coming back now that things seem to be better organised in LFC. Well, I don't want him back. (I don't presume to speak for any other Limerick fans.)

sadloserkid
24/03/2003, 9:11 AM
Originally posted by LFC in Exile
I bet Tommy wouldn't mind coming back now that things seem to be better organised in LFC. Well, I don't want him back. (I don't presume to speak for any other Limerick fans.)

Well you're speaking for me too as far as the Lunchbox goes. And to say that Morris-Roe is the only good player we've signed is absolute rubbish. Gareth Cooney is one of Bohs most highly rated youngsters according to no less than Bobby Ryan and Brendan Sweeney is also a very highly rated player. According to a Cobh fan I sounded out : "Yeah hes a brilliant player, can play anywhere in midfield and was with us since he was 15. Has been capped with Ireland at 16,17,18,19 and 20 levels. He was up for the Irish Young Player of the year award 2 seasons ago. Hes very strong going forward and good at defending. Hes a very good signing,and as far as I know Ramblers wanted him back." Robert Healy has experience with two League of Ireland clubs prior to Limerick as well. The fact is that O'Connor is signing the experienced players Lims Fan asked him too. He also approached Gary O'Neill and while 'The Buzz' wants to stay closer to Dublin it's still an ambitious move.

Another big point is the scream that Limerick have "AT LEAST 40 GAMES THIS SEASON". Good point. Maybe one that explains why O'Connor is trying to keep a large squad to deal with the inevitable injuries and suspensions. I would drop at least three of the players Lims Fan mentions in his original post and a fourth Derek Whyte has already announced his retirement from senior soccer. However Limerick's squad isn't big enough to dump 8 players especially with the loss of Fyffe and Hughes already. I was interested though to see your suggestion that Limerick could sustain two full-time players. I agree and feel that aside from the obvious O'Flynn perhaps this route should have been taken with Jimmy Fyffe. However O'Connor has kept the spine of last season's team (O'Flynn, Purcell, Finucane, Keating, Welderick) and has now added at least six more players. As for criticising players coming from a junior backgroud... what about Colm Heffernan?

deise deserter
24/03/2003, 12:33 PM
Posted by SLK:

Has been capped with Ireland at 16,17,18,19 and 20 levels. He was up for the Irish Young Player of the year award 2 seasons ago.

Heard that he had played underage nationally, but not to such a lengthy and successful extent - bodes very well for the future.

Posted by LFC in Exile:

By the way, I have yet to hear Lims Fan respond to my point that he should give the committee credit for raising EUR 3,500 for wages each week.

Has anyone heard if they have reached the 100,000 Euro mark they expected to raise by the middle of March? Has Purcell actually set a time for you to meet him SLK or is he still delaying?

sadloserkid
24/03/2003, 1:23 PM
Originally posted by deise deserter
Has Purcell actually set a time for you to meet him SLK or is he still delaying?

He said to gael353 something about the next week or two. Well now that we're in Pike for better or worse there's no reason not to! :rolleyes:

deise deserter
24/03/2003, 3:31 PM
Posted by SLK:

He said to gael353 something about the next week or two. Well now that we're in Pike for better or worse there's no reason not to!

At times I wonder why we're all not as bitter as Lims Fan......;)

BlueisBeautiful
24/03/2003, 9:17 PM
..... Tommy Lynch in charge. Thats my opinion but a few people here seem to have some problem with him. Baffles me!

sadloserkid
25/03/2003, 8:40 AM
I think Tommy's alright. I also think he had his chance and did nothing for us other than play 4-5-1 AT HOME!!! :rolleyes:

deise deserter
29/03/2003, 9:10 PM
Lims Fan:

Judging from the Galway pre-season friendly O'Connor has signed a few good players. I think you'll like the Italian guy - gave some jaw-dropping crosses during the game.

Cobh Ramblers
30/03/2003, 12:34 AM
rams will get promoted this season

deise deserter
30/03/2003, 11:16 AM
Hopefully not. We're building up a good rivalry between Limerick FC and the Queenstown Ram-Fu#kers. Hate to see you do well!!;)

Cobh Ramblers
30/03/2003, 3:04 PM
ILL ram fu ck your mother

sadloserkid
31/03/2003, 8:31 AM
Originally posted by deise deserter
jaw-dropping

Have you been reading transcripts of Ron Atkinson's finest moments Deise? ;)