PDA

View Full Version : Progress..

centre mid
10/07/2007, 8:49 AM
I think if you draw a line from the Defeat to Galway at home through the win at home to UCD up to last nights game, there is real progress being made on the pitch. At times there was some edge of the seat defending particularly when we had to chase the game. Also its very good to hear that the the likes of mcCabe and O'Shea are being tied up with long term deals.:o

superfrank
10/07/2007, 8:56 AM
We just need to start scoring our chances and improving our play in the final third. We should have comfortbaly beat Waterford, instead we scraped home. Better play up front could've gotten us something last night.

BrayUnknowns
10/07/2007, 9:08 AM
I think most of us would agree that soe of the football being played is the best stuff we have seen in years. The squad that Gormley and Long have put together is the best Bray squad in a long long time. Every player can get the ball down and play with it, and most importantly all look like they want to wear the green and white jersey.

BUT, as SF says, we just don't score enough times from the amount of chances that we create, if we have a Fabio O'Brien or Gary O'Neill he would finish top scorer n the league ! Also makes a great point about Waterford game, like that should have been over at half time.

Foxy gave 45 good solid minutes but he's geting on so it's taking it's toll, franco is full of skill, but unfortunatlly it's normally when he drops deep near the half way line, he far to light and gets bullied in every game he plays, O'Shea and Dunphy are just that little bit inexperienced at the moment.

We need a striker who can score goals, a poacher who does nothing else but stay in the oppenents box, IF we can get someone like that we will shoot up the table IMO

centre mid
10/07/2007, 9:11 AM
Agreed, but there was a definete threat last night upfront, we've not had that in a while, not since Zayed first signed or Jayo was with us. There is genuine pace out wide too. I remember after losing to galway thinking that this was going to be a long season.

superfrank
10/07/2007, 9:14 AM
Compared to last year, the players look a lot more confident and comfortable on the ball. They want it which is great to see.

Imo, we need a new right back and a new striker. Daz will be gone soon enough and I don't think Gougher's up to starting week in, week out. Foxy's not up to being a first-teamer anymore. He'd be grand to have on the bench but we need someone younger and sharper to start week in, week out. I think someone in the same kind of mould (target man, physically strong) would suit us. Dunphy and Franco are too similar so another one like them would be a waste.

It is easily the best football I've seen us play in a long time and we've to thank Eddie and Longer for that. Eddie's also instilled some belief into the lads. I saw it last night when we went 2 down. They still kept playing and Kav very nearly scored. It's good times ahead I think.

centre mid
10/07/2007, 9:21 AM
Just on the Cup game, Pats seemed to have dipped in form, good chance to progress?

superfrank
10/07/2007, 10:14 AM
It's still a few weeks away yet.

Stevo Da Gull
10/07/2007, 1:56 PM
Yeah if we start converting in the final third of the pitch we'll be doin well. Franco put himself about well against Bohs. Definate progress yeah, playing like this we should definately be safe from the drop, a lot of positives at the moment and it would be nice if we could improve more and move up the league and I suppose that's what Eddie's looking to do with the summer signings. We are definately as excitning to watch as we've been in a good few years, McCabe, Kavanagh, O'Shea, Franco and a few other midfielers are all comfortable with the ball at their feet, mind you though if we win a few matches playing `ugly` I won't complain either.

The mentality of the team has probably been the biggest improvement, the lads look like they beleive they can get a result out of any game and the heads don't just drop when we go behind (well maybe one or two did at 4-1 in Drogheda, but like the thread title says there has been progress).

BrayZil
10/07/2007, 9:39 PM
Gormley has done a great job with the lads so far. You can't fault the effort of the team at the moment. They seem to be doing everything but scoring. We are just lacking a natural goal scorer. If we can add somebody over the next few weeks that is capable of even getting us 10 goals this season, I think we'll finish well. The lads are really fighting which is great to see. Even when we went a goal and 2 goals down last night they never gave up. We are capable of getting 9 points from the next 3 matches against Derry, Galway and Longford. If we can that will set us up nicely.

superfrank
11/07/2007, 9:22 AM
We are capable of getting 9 points from the next 3 matches against Derry, Galway and Longford. If we can that will set us up nicely.
I suppose we play Derry on Friday the 13th....anything can happen. I think Derry will be a lot better than they've been in recent weeks. I do think we can take all six points against Galway and Longford.

Looking at things now, it's our home form that'll keep us up. 14 out of 24, compared with 4 out of 24.

gypsy
12/07/2007, 3:57 PM
Yeah if we start converting in the final third of the pitch we'll be doin well. Franco put himself about well against Bohs. Definate progress yeah, playing like this we should definately be safe from the drop, a lot of positives at the moment and it would be nice if we could improve more and move up the league and I suppose that's what Eddie's looking to do with the summer signings. We are definately as excitning to watch as we've been in a good few years, McCabe, Kavanagh, O'Shea, Franco and a few other midfielers are all comfortable with the ball at their feet, mind you though if we win a few matches playing `ugly` I won't complain either.

The mentality of the team has probably been the biggest improvement, the lads look like they beleive they can get a result out of any game and the heads don't just drop when we go behind (well maybe one or two did at 4-1 in Drogheda, but like the thread title says there has been progress).
we were poor on monday and won, bray had a lot of the ball early in the second half but the final pass was poor and decision making was bad, the little no. 9 looked good if the ball had been passed to him at the right times he looked dangerous. the left winger for bray is a bit brainless, gets by players does a few tricks and then loses the ball but he'll learn like ronaldo. bohs will win the league bray will survive

BrayUnknowns
13/07/2007, 8:41 AM
we were poor on monday and won, bray had a lot of the ball early in the second half but the final pass was poor and decision making was bad, the little no. 9 looked good if the ball had been passed to him at the right times he looked dangerous. the left winger for bray is a bit brainless, gets by players does a few tricks and then loses the ball but he'll learn like ronaldo. bohs will win the league bray will survive

POTM :D

We have as much chance of winning the league as Bohs do.

Was that the left winger who went by and made Heary look quite silly most of the game ?

gypsy
13/07/2007, 4:01 PM
POTM :D

We have as much chance of winning the league as Bohs do.

Was that the left winger who went by and made Heary look quite silly most of the game ?
he got by him ok but didnt have the brain to know what to do next, he knows how to do a trick alright but as the old sayin goes, a skillful player knows what to do and WHEN to do it, a technical player just knows what to do with a bit of proper coaching he'll be ok, and we will win the league we have the strongest defence in the league fewest goals conceded and are starting to score in every game come back to me the end of october

tippex
13/07/2007, 4:34 PM
Totally agree the end product is not there at the moment but if Eddie can nurture him properly then it could be happy days....