PDA

View Full Version : Paddy Kavanagh

A face
09/07/2007, 9:00 PM
Paddy Kavanagh was very good tonight V Bohs, from UCD yeah? Handy player.

Thought Bray got robbed of at least a point tonight but Rices goal was unreal.

pineapple stu
09/07/2007, 9:01 PM
Wayside - UCD - Birmingham - Bray, all in the last 12 months.

Superb little player. No idea how no-one higher than Bray came in for him (with no disrespect to Bray; was amazed that we had hold of him last year too)

superfrank
09/07/2007, 9:02 PM
Like I said in the latest thread, we were shown up tonight. Bohs are a far better team and even when they weren't playing at their best they won 2-0. They showed us how to win a game.

superfrank
09/07/2007, 9:04 PM
Wayside - UCD - Birmingham - Bray, all in the last 12 months.
A spectacular rise. :D

But surely that's an infringement of the 3-club rule??? :confused:

Superb little player. No idea how no-one higher than Bray came in for him (with no disrespect to Bray; was amazed that we had hold of him last year too)
Tonight was the first I'd seen him and I was very impressed. It's great to have another player who can run with the ball and run at players. Just like Cawley, he likes to get the ball. Unlucky not to score too.

DmanDmythDledge
09/07/2007, 9:04 PM
Gormley would be mad not to start him now. He was very good when he came on.

But surely that's an infringement of the 3-club rule??? :confused:
The year runs from July 1- June 30. Can't be more than 2 clubs during that period.

superfrank
09/07/2007, 9:06 PM
Gormley would be mad not to start him now. He was very good when he came on.
Jay was just coming back from injury so it was a toss up between the two of them. Also I doubt Kav has played much football since May or whenever the reserve season finished over there. He did well and I think he'll start our next League game.

pineapple stu
09/07/2007, 9:08 PM
The year runs from July 1- June 30. Can't be more than 2 clubs during that period.
Yeah, signed for UCD in July last year and then went to Birmingham, so there's the two clubs. The three club rule is why he's only making his Bray debut now.

joema
09/07/2007, 9:09 PM
Fantastic tonight. Could definitley play at a higher level

John83
10/07/2007, 10:38 AM
He did. :)

DRDoc
10/07/2007, 11:28 AM
Neat and handy for the 30mins or so he was on

And with UCD last year was always impressive also

I too was amazed no one else took a chance on Kavanagh - or did they try to and he chose Bray?

Now will Bray start with him OShea on the right side of midfield?

OShea has been great this year (i know he hasnt scored though!)

With McCabe palying some good games over last few weeks also Bray look nice going forward

Add Cawley in and thats a decent midfield - but might Cawley be leaving - is it true him and gormley really dont get on at all?

centre mid
10/07/2007, 12:05 PM
He was a great playwrite and poet aswell

Stevo Da Gull
10/07/2007, 2:01 PM
He was a great playwrite and poet aswell

:o for shame :D

gypsy
10/07/2007, 3:49 PM
Neat and handy for the 30mins or so he was on

And with UCD last year was always impressive also

I too was amazed no one else took a chance on Kavanagh - or did they try to and he chose Bray?

Now will Bray start with him OShea on the right side of midfield?

OShea has been great this year (i know he hasnt scored though!)

With McCabe palying some good games over last few weeks also Bray look nice going forward

Add Cawley in and thats a decent midfield - but might Cawley be leaving - is it true him and gormley really dont get on at all?

cawley has been a problem at all his clubs i believe he's a bit difficult, about the game, we were poor last night and won, bray had a lot of the ball early in the second half but the final pass was poor and decision making was bad, the little no. 9 looked good if the ball had been passed to him at the right times he looked dangerous. the left winger for bray is a bit brainless, gets by players and then loses the ball but he'll learn.

bray will survive this year and bohs will win the league :)