PDA

View Full Version : Stadium to make Linfield Millions

Steve Bruce
09/07/2007, 9:45 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/irish/6283488.stm

That's a bit more like it :cool:

BleusAvantTout
09/07/2007, 12:16 PM
Excellent business acumen by the biggest Club! We've come a long way from the mill days!!!:cool:

whitewell red
10/07/2007, 7:37 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/irish/6283488.stm

That's a bit more like it :cool:

Stadium to make Linfield Millions:

this should not happen linfield should b held with breach of contract. the reason that nor ireland r looking 4 a new home is due 2 Windsor pk not meeting uefa's standards 4 international matches and in the near future they will have the capacity reduced to a very low 7000, which is useless 2 any national team. linfield have milked the ifa for long enough its time to end

pete
10/07/2007, 7:51 PM
this should not happen linfield should b held with breach of contract. the reason that nor ireland r looking 4 a new home is due 2 Windsor pk not meeting uefa's standards 4 international matches

I would think that would be easy for the IFA to claim alright. Its not like Linfield could have kept renting the ground fore the next 80 years without improvements.

Steve Bruce
11/07/2007, 8:11 AM
Stadium to make Linfield Millions:

this should not happen linfield should b held with breach of contract. the reason that nor ireland r looking 4 a new home is due 2 Windsor pk not meeting uefa's standards 4 international matches and in the near future they will have the capacity reduced to a very low 7000, which is useless 2 any national team. linfield have milked the ifa for long enough its time to end

Have you read the contract? No?

It states in the contract, that the IFA have to keep the stadium up to THEIR standard.

It doesn't stupilate Linfield have to keep it up to standard, it stipulates that the IFA have to keep it up to standard.

Do you see the difference?

Also anyone who buys into this 7,000 capacity is either blinkered or stupid. The lowest the capacity will go down to is 10,800

Steve Bruce
11/07/2007, 8:12 AM
I would think that would be easy for the IFA to claim alright. Its not like Linfield could have kept renting the ground fore the next 80 years without improvements.

We make improvements every season to suit Linfields needs. The IFA in accordance to the contract with Linfield have to keep the stadium up to the required standards for International football.

whitewell red
11/07/2007, 11:43 AM
Have you read the contract? No?

It states in the contract, that the IFA have to keep the stadium up to THEIR standard.

It doesn't stupilate Linfield have to keep it up to standard, it stipulates that the IFA have to keep it up to standard.

Do you see the difference?

Also anyone who buys into this 7,000 capacity is either blinkered or stupid. The lowest the capacity will go down to is 10,800

ok i understand, i still have to ask what kind off person would sign a contract like this.
i can only think there must b people on the ifa wearing linfield hats and scarves to work

Graemerz
11/07/2007, 12:19 PM
ok i understand, i still have to ask what kind off person would sign a contract like this.
i can only think there must b people on the ifa wearing linfield hats and scarves to work

You may think that but what other option did the IFA have back then? They had little money, the crowds were poor, the team was poor.. The stadia in Northern Ireland was and still is poor. Windsor was the ONLY option at that point. There was no Maze scheme’s back then. Linfield gave the IFA an ultimatum, sign the contract or play your matches outside of Northern Ireland.

Steve Bruce
11/07/2007, 1:05 PM
Can I also note that every club has a representative and they all had a vote. They voted Windsor.

Krstic
11/07/2007, 2:27 PM
A 100 year contract:eek:

Ensuring Linfields future for a century.

Somethings never change, the good old Irish League.

EalingGreen
11/07/2007, 4:45 PM
A 100 year contract:eek:

Ensuring Linfields future for a century.

Somethings never change, the good old Irish League.

Actually, this is one (the only?) ****-up which can't really be laid at the door of the IFA.

AFAIK, when the Government put up the money to build the North Stand 20-odd years ago, they were worried in case Linfield waited until the Stand was built, then said "Thank You Very Much" and turfed the IFA out.

Therefore, it was the Government who insisted on a 100 year Contract, so as to give the IFA (who may actually own the North Stand, btw) security of tenure.

However, this overlooked two things:
1. There is no way LFC were ever going to shoo away the IFA Goose that was laying them Golden Eggs (quite the contrary, in fact); and
2. It never occurred to the Government that the IFA might one day want to end the Contract early, so they never insisted on a One-Way Getout Clause for the IFA, either.

So I'm afraid this one is down to Jim Prior and his Civil Servants. Consequently, I believe the Government is morally (even if not financially or contractually) obliged to help the IFA out over this one.

Sadly, if they do so, they will extract the maximum price some other way, in return. "We buy out Linfield, if you commit to the Maze?" :eek:

lofty9
17/07/2007, 9:53 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/irish/6902212.stm

IFA trying to get out of it now. Linfield's watertight case is being challenged by IFA's hope that UEFA will view the ground as unfit for international games, therefore Linfield breaking the original contract.

Steve Bruce
17/07/2007, 10:06 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/irish/6902212.stm

IFA trying to get out of it now. Linfield's watertight case is being challenged by IFA's hope that UEFA will view the ground as unfit for international games, therefore Linfield breaking the original contract.

They will find it very difficult. All Linfield have to do is keep the Kop up to standard and that means we are keeping the ground up to standard. Our ground meets international requirements and will continue to do so, even if it does mean a lesser attendance. But that would hurt the IFA more than Linfield.

Personally I do not see Linfield losing here. Maybe the IFA should see about coming to a negotiation rather than putting Linfields back up.

I would say that if the IFA offered 250k for every year left of the contract, Linfield would accept. But if the IFA go down the road of underhand tactics, Linfield would most likely dig their heels in and demand the 400k a year.

Either way Linfield will make. I think are believing too much of the hype. The people at Windsor Park are not that concerned ;)

OneRedArmy
17/07/2007, 10:08 AM
Surely it suits Linfield to get rid of the IFA to Maze (or otherwise), sell Windsor (ridiculously large price for housing I would imagine?) and move somewhere to build a new stadium?

Steve Bruce
17/07/2007, 10:26 AM
Surely it suits Linfield to get rid of the IFA to Maze (or otherwise), sell Windsor (ridiculously large price for housing I would imagine?) and move somewhere to build a new stadium?

It would suit Linfield to get compensation for 80 years worth revenue we would lose. Then sell Windsor.

Graemerz
17/07/2007, 12:37 PM
400K for 80 years is 32M. Show us the money. :cool:

Steve Bruce
17/07/2007, 1:40 PM

To be honest I'd settle for half that.

OneRedArmy
17/07/2007, 5:43 PM
400K for 80 years is 32M. Show us the money. :cool:The concept of present value of money obviously hasn't reached Laganside yet...

AnnaghRed
17/07/2007, 6:53 PM
The only certainty in all of this is that the IFA will have phucked something up, and will end up having to rely on Linfields goodwill to avoid bankruptcy.

Never mind Windsor, when is that c*nt Wells contract up?

SolitudeRed
17/07/2007, 10:11 PM

Not really sure if you'll get 32 million, 400,000 a year was an extraordinary figure which you only obtained once from the IFA in Rent! and if the IFA's Legal eagles somehow manage to convince a court that you are not fulfilling the terms of the tennancy agreement (which the news today seemed to suggest is the course of action they are taking) LFC will not be in much of a position to bargin with the IFAs compensation offer!

PS well done to Linfield tonight in the champions league a 0-0 draw with the Swedish champions is good stuff!