PDA

View Full Version : Cork City V Sunderland!!

L37Ultra
08/07/2007, 11:56 PM
I was just wondering, can u buy tickets at the ground or whats the story? Thanks ;)

adamcarr
09/07/2007, 12:10 AM
I was just wondering, can u buy tickets at the ground or whats the story? Thanks ;)

One ticket per season ticket holder or Official supporters club member. The MFA are in control of the tickets and only gave 1500 to CCFC fans.

GavinZac
09/07/2007, 8:49 AM

No tickets will be on general sale. Speak to your local MFA-MS League club, if you have one.

Dodge
09/07/2007, 8:55 AM
Just out of interest, how come the MFA got involved and Cork City didn't? Seems odd. Did they approach Sunderland as I presume if Sunderland wanted a game in that area they'd have contacted Cork City FC.

Apologies if this has been explained before

GavinZac
09/07/2007, 9:05 AM
Just out of interest, how come the MFA got involved and Cork City didn't? Seems odd. Did they approach Sunderland as I presume if Sunderland wanted a game in that area they'd have contacted Cork City FC.

Apologies if this has been explained before

No point in asking Cork City if they want to play a match since City then just have to ask the MFA for the use of TC. From Roy's previous experience (he organised a fundraiser for Cobh, Man Utd u14s + Roy Keane v Cobh Ramblers, which bloody sold out) he probably knew this and Sunderland went straight to the MFA. Since the proceeds are going on new turnstyles and a proper outside wall for the stadium we play in, CCFC agreed to participate, in some manner.

Dodge
09/07/2007, 9:11 AM
Seems strange the manager would be involved in organising it.

Anything more concrete than your guess (and thats not a pop at you Gavin, just looking for clarification, thanks for the answer)

GavinZac
09/07/2007, 9:16 AM
Seems strange the manager would be involved in organising it.Well Niall Quinn organised the whole tour but I dont see why he wouldnt have asked Roy who to call in Cork.

Anything more concrete than your guess (and thats not a pop at you Gavin, just looking for clarification, thanks for the answer)

I dont know the exact sequence of events, and I doubt anyone not involved in the organisation will, but at its core is the reality that, and you get the bragging rights you're fishing for, we dont own a stadium, the one we constructed started sinking. Therefore, even if they went direct to city, the MFA will still probably have said "hang on city, its our ground, we'll take the cash and spend it on something we'll both like!"

Dodge
09/07/2007, 9:19 AM
Honestly wasn't fishing like that. Never realised the MFA were so territorial like that. I'd always presumed they had an excellent relationship with CCFC

I honestly didn't mean to stir

GavinZac
09/07/2007, 9:23 AM
Honestly wasn't fishing like that. Never realised the MFA were so territorial like that. I'd always presumed they had an excellent relationship with CCFC

I honestly didn't mean to stir

They've had a rocky relationship with city in the past but this last year they've behaved a little nicer. however, any semblance of comradery goes out the window at the mention of €200,000 + match program receipts. city are stuck making badges and scarfs, but at least the profits have been agreed to go on something beneficial to everybody

Risteard
09/07/2007, 10:09 AM
What happens if we get through and play Hammarby that weekend?

GavinZac
09/07/2007, 10:47 AM
What happens if we get through and play Hammarby that weekend?

Utrecht?

A "Cork XI" will play.

Risteard
09/07/2007, 1:11 PM
Utrecht Gav, Utrecht.
I'd say it'll be a 'City XI' regardless actually.

rambler14
30/07/2007, 10:54 PM
Crap Match. No one stood except Colin Healy and Dwight Yorke.

Risteard
30/07/2007, 10:57 PM
True. Yorke had some lovely touches alright.
A joy to watch though the match was poor.

harry crumb
30/07/2007, 11:00 PM
My thoughts as well.

Yorke and Healy stood out but my Man of the Match and to me the best performance of the night was Dan Murray

Pure Class. If only we another one to go with him at centre half.

Sunderland dominated and some City players looked way off the standard required. Sorry to say Softic is not good enough.

Risteard
30/07/2007, 11:07 PM
Its been pretty obvious for a year or two which players aren't up to standard but I guess Rico thinks that we need the back up of these ex-u21s who are probably adding little to the wage bill anyway.
You don't need 17 top class players to win the league.
Now that it looks like we can afford to sign promising or quality players, I expect a lot of these to leave this close-season.
Expect a lot of familiar faces in St. Colmans Park next year I'd say.

rambler14
30/07/2007, 11:17 PM

I totally agree.
I thought Dwight Yorke was man of the match though didn't misplace one pass all night. He seemed to be the only player Sunderland had.

One problem I had though was with the PA System, it was shocking, it was like a funeral microphone, had absolutely no range on it. I was in St. Annes and I couldn't hear half the players being brought on.
How bad is Kieron Richardson?????????????

bellavistaman
31/07/2007, 7:41 AM
Thought Miller was good, think for years and have more evidence now, that Stokes is Monaghan standard!!! Whats the story with Kearney not runnin at players at al.

derm
31/07/2007, 11:29 AM
Thought Miller was good, think for years and have more evidence now, that Stokes is Monaghan standard!!! Whats the story with Kearney not runnin at players at al.

How I wish I could say that it was because it was just a meaningless friendly ...:(

Liam's still a fair bit away from the form he showed before he went to Shels

bellavistaman
31/07/2007, 12:39 PM
How I wish I could say that it was because it was just a meaningless friendly ...:(

Liam's still a fair bit away from the form he showed before he went to Shels

agree. Pity really, does the pub next to TC still have the money with his face on it.

pete
31/07/2007, 12:48 PM
Based on what i saw on tv last season & the Bohs & City pre season games Sunderland are going to notice the big step up required for the Premier League very soon.

Motivating players in the Championship might be enough but if they cannot pass the ball will be shown up in the Premiership.

Risteard
02/08/2007, 12:00 AM
My personal highlight was the exaggerated Rico, Rico chants at HT & FT on his way towards the tunnell, which he totally milked while Keane was just a few feet behind him, receiving little adulation.
Very funny.

bellavistaman
02/08/2007, 9:12 AM
My personal highlight was the exaggerated Rico, Rico chants at HT & FT on his way towards the tunnell, which he totally milked while Keane was just a few feet behind him, receiving little adulation.
Very funny.

Cheer the Dub, while boo the man who has the freedom of cork, and did so much (good & bad) to put cork on the map, a national hero to some. just stating the facts.

But i also found the funny side of it!!:D:D

A face
02/08/2007, 9:30 AM
Cheer the Dub, while boo the man who has the freedom of cork, and did so much (good & bad) to put cork on the map, a national hero to some. just stating the facts.

Was that the day he snuck out the back door, some freedom he was exercising there alright. FFS

bellavistaman
02/08/2007, 9:36 AM
Was that the day he snuck out the back door, some freedom he was exercising there alright. FFS

facts are facts my friend!!

Risteard
02/08/2007, 11:04 AM
the man who has the freedom of cork, and did so much (good & bad) to put cork on the map, a national hero to some.
Those are facts alright but I didn't hear him get booed.

bellavistaman
02/08/2007, 11:16 AM
Those are facts alright but I didn't hear him get booed.

Correct, ill rephrase that, gettin the **** taking out of him, and lets say not shown the respect he deserves.

btw i thought the city fans were outstanding, seriously ye should all be proud!!

pete
02/08/2007, 4:21 PM

I always hear that Keane did great things for Cork football but no one ever gives specifics... :confused:

Rams-07
02/08/2007, 5:44 PM
Its been pretty obvious for a year or two which players aren't up to standard but I guess Rico thinks that we need the back up of these ex-u21s who are probably adding little to the wage bill anyway.
You don't need 17 top class players to win the league.
Now that it looks like we can afford to sign promising or quality players, I expect a lot of these to leave this close-season.
Wouldnt expect too many of yere rejects to come to Cobh..those days are long gone...Different set up in Cobh these times...Lots of emphasis put on developing the youngsters..and its working this season...look at the age of some of the players..18,19,20...no room for passengers any more...how ye left Kevin Murray go amazes me..Hes a class player,probably best centre half in div 1

pete
02/08/2007, 7:22 PM
Wouldnt expect too many of yere rejects to come to Cobh..those days are long gone...

How many rejects (as you referred to them) in your current first team and/or squad?

I can guarantee you will sign an ex-City senior or U21 player at the start of next season.

GavinZac
02/08/2007, 7:27 PM
in your squad:

henderson: ex-city
carey: ex-city
gutsy: ex-city
mucka: ex-city
murray: ex-city
nolan: ex-city
mccarthy: ex-city
daly: ex-city
caulfield: ex-city

the rest are a mishmash of cobh wanderers and rockmount players.

oh yes the times they are a changing

Rams-07
02/08/2007, 7:43 PM
God yo are really pushin the boat out when you call Henderso ex-city (he will probably be youre next manager when ye cop to Rico)
no passengers in the rest of the lads you named..Nolan gone..Hendo copped on to him,the rest are mostly young lads who just want a to prove they can do it at LOI level..
How are the Cobh lads doin up at City?

GavinZac
02/08/2007, 7:50 PM
How are the Cobh lads doin up at City?
murphy is fighting with colin o'brien, admier softic and kilian lordan for 4th choice center mid, though his injuries arent helping his case. devine has another year in him, he has to maintain his consistency. went through a bad patch but being dropped sorted him out.

do you want me to count phil harrington? :D

adamcarr
02/08/2007, 7:52 PM
murphy is 4th choice center mid, though his injuries arent helping his case. devine has another year in him, he has to maintain his consistency. went through a bad patch but being dropped sorted him out.

do you want me to count phil harrington? :D

Being honest only Gamble is better than Murphy.

pete
02/08/2007, 7:59 PM

Only maybe Carey could have been considered a 1st team regular at City.

:eek:

bellavistaman
03/08/2007, 9:20 AM
in your squad:

the rest are a mishmash of cobh wanderers and rockmount players.

oh yes the times they are a changing

Oh you didnt! :D
henderson wouldnt call him city reject and not as if he ever played with us either,
carey, class,
gutsy on loan but class,
Mucky fantastic think hed do way better job than horgan RB, and Lordan
Murray we bought not as if ye dumped him, yell prob look for him back when other murray stops.
Nolan we released
McCarthy still with us yet to score league goal, fair enough.
Daly only 21s player hasnt played for Seniors yet
Caufield has left and didnt play with the senior team.

we have Mike O'Shea, John Meade, Barrett, Cambridge,Deasy,Deady, Hennessy all played with 17s and youths. Mike, John,Barret,Davin all played schoolboys in Cobh.

Correct me if im wrong dont think we have one ex rockmount do we?1 Wanderers.All EL standard. Ye even want Davin our only player who we signed from Wanderers he was only there because his job. Dunno what your problem is so what like, we will always look for players off ye that will improve our squad.

razor
03/08/2007, 1:08 PM
Cheer the DubThe same thing ye do every week.:D

(he will probably be youre next manager when ye cop to Rico)Yeah replace a manager whose team plays ball with the long ball merchant. ;) McGee knows his onions. :D

bellavistaman
03/08/2007, 2:57 PM
The same thing ye do every week.:D
Yeah replace a manager whose team plays ball with the long ball merchant. ;) McGee knows his onions. :D

My point was we dont boo cork legend on the same night.

McGee couldnt tell a onion from a apple. Prob gonna be between Hendo and Hill, your not takin hendo!!

A brit or a dub!

heartbreaking.

alansmithccfc
07/08/2007, 5:19 PM
My point was we dont boo cork legend on the same night.

McGee couldnt tell a onion from a apple. Prob gonna be between Hendo and Hill, your not takin hendo!!

A brit or a dub!

heartbreaking.

I see that Sunderland are coming back to play Cobh soon in the echo.
Thats unless Roy is gone by then after relegation adn everything :D

pete
07/08/2007, 5:38 PM
The MFA must have made out like bandits on this.

Reading today that tv rights between TG4 & Setanta would have been 45k. I heard it was 5 euro for the programme & were tickets 25 euro?

Even allowing for the costs must have easily pulled in 150k+

Not seen the new turnstiles but they would want to be very nice for 150k.

alansmithccfc
07/08/2007, 5:59 PM
The MFA must have made out like bandits on this.

Reading today that tv rights between TG4 & Setanta would have been 45k. I heard it was 5 euro for the programme & were tickets 25 euro?

Even allowing for the costs must have easily pulled in 150k+

Not seen the new turnstiles but they would want to be very nice for 150k.

Didnt think much of them its very slow going in to the ground now they have to be spun around my the operator instead of just pushing a button

colblimp
11/08/2007, 10:55 AM

Oh please...:rolleyes: