PDA

View Full Version : Steve Staunton's lapel pin

Claret Murph
08/07/2007, 8:57 AM
Question , No doubt I have put this in the wrong place but ,:rolleyes:
Ever since Stan got the job as Irish manager he has always worn an lapel pin , now to me I can't figure it out as what it is anyone have have idea's . It looks like a cross or a plus sign but I am not sure .

Lionel Ritchie
08/07/2007, 10:13 AM
I'd guess it's a St. Bridgets cross ...I learned how to make them out of rushes in fourth class!:)

I hope he isn't relying too heavily on the intercession of a 1500 year old voodoo witch priestess, her middle eastern fairytales or her dodgy straight off of 'Art Attack' merchandise.

But sure when you've feck all else going for you...:rolleyes:

Noelys Guitar
08/07/2007, 11:39 AM
I'd guess it's a St. Bridgets cross ...I learned how to make them out of rushes in fourth class!:)

I hope he isn't relying too heavily on the intercession of a 1500 year old voodoo witch priestess, her middle eastern fairytales or her dodgy straight off of 'Art Attack' merchandise.

But sure when you've feck all else going for you...:rolleyes:

But can it squirt water?

holidaysong
08/07/2007, 12:03 PM
St. Brigid is from Faughart near Dundalk, this is the reason I guess.

geysir
09/07/2007, 1:05 PM
Likewise, my greatest (only) creative achievement in National School.

You only get what you pay for these days. You have to pay for extra protection eg. warding of evil spirits would cost €5 on top.
I hope Stan went for the top of the line model.

RogerMilla
09/07/2007, 4:19 PM
I hope Stan went for the top of the line model.

delaney sure didnt

EalingGreen
09/07/2007, 6:00 PM
But can it squirt water?

Excellent! :D

Over the post
10/07/2007, 2:34 PM
The importance of lapel pins (Doonesbury)

Perhaps the recent visit to the US has something to do with it

4tothefloor
11/07/2007, 6:45 PM
Staunton looks like a boy making his confirmation everytime I see him. The lapel pin does him no favours. I'd say his mother still combs his hair as well

Sniffer
11/07/2007, 6:59 PM
Nah, sure he has it with him most of the time:)

Torn-Ado
12/07/2007, 4:48 PM
He looks out of place in a suit. Like he's a professional or something.

Another fella who adopted the suit when he took charge was Kerr. Looking at him in his suit, I just knew he was going to be a disaster.