PDA

View Full Version : 21s and a death

gael353
07/07/2007, 11:22 PM
Our under 21s are playing Lifford (Clare league) this monday night at 8 bells Jackman park. This game was moved from the clare leagues venue.

Clemmy Moore of Hill Celtic and would be known to most long suffering Limerick supporters as the groundsman at Hogan park passed away last night. Only knew him ever so slightly but to me he was always a great help and a decent bloke. He died after a short illness :ball:

L37Ultra
08/07/2007, 10:38 PM
Our under 21s are playing Lifford (Clare league) this monday night at 8 bells Jackman park. This game was moved from the clare leagues venue.

Clemmy Moore of Hill Celtic and would be known to most long suffering Limerick supporters as the groundsman at Hogan park passed away last night. Only knew him ever so slightly but to me he was always a great help and a decent bloke. He died after a short illness :ball:

Is it not 7:45p.m? Hope its 8, cause now i can make it down there for the second half after work. Heard about the death of Mr. Moore last night, may he R.I.P. A legend within the Soccer community in Limerick!!

shelbourne1904
09/07/2007, 8:28 AM
Sorry to hear RIP.

Why was the game moved from Clare??

Lim till i die
10/07/2007, 7:04 PM
Probably should have been called off in fairness??

Old keeper
10/07/2007, 7:44 PM
Probably should have been called off in fairness??

Hi

Clem was a true soccer man and spent most of the last 3 decades in limerick pitches making sure games went ahead, the best tribute we could show him was to play and observe a few moments silence before the game

Lim till i die
10/07/2007, 7:46 PM
Hi

Clem was a true soccer man and spent most of the last 3 decades in limerick pitches making sure games went ahead, the best tribute we could show him was to play and observe a few moments silence before the game

Fair Enough

Wasn't being smart or anything just thinking aloud :o

L37Ultra
11/07/2007, 11:28 PM
I was coming out home from work this evening and I seen a gold plaque which was on the gates of Hill Celtics old pitch over the bridge, coming out from Southill, in Ballysheedy!! Im not 100 % sure but I think it said Clemmy Moore Memorial Park!! Fair play to who ever put that up!! I could be wrong now as I couldnt stop to check but I think thats what it said!!