PDA

View Full Version : Athlone 0-0 Ramblers

rambler14
07/07/2007, 9:28 PM
Deasy sent off. Graham Cummins replaced him in goal. From what I heard sounded like a poor game. It was always going to be tough to get a result away from home against a team who just sacked their manager, so i'm happy with the draw.

don ramo
07/07/2007, 10:17 PM
anyone know how we perfromed where was dave the save to night:D, he didnt leave already did he,

no but seriousley i would have thought we'd win it during the week, but there manager leavin probably motivated the team, limerick will be loving this :(, but what can we do,

by the way any news on when McCarthy will be back, was suppose to be 6 weeks thats nearly up,

well done lads, roll on limerick lets turn up the volume for them

MojoPin
08/07/2007, 6:20 AM
good result in fairness... ten men away from home..as long as we win the home games and maintain a decent away record we'll be flying...

chimpster
08/07/2007, 8:05 AM
We started well, passed the ball well and had a goal disallowed (offside) early on. Meady was in a nasty 50/50 tackle in front of the dugouts which led to a bit of shamozzle (good lad Hendo) but after that we seemed to lose our way a little.

Deasy's sending off was fair enough. Athlone striker was through for a dead cert goal and Deasy took him out so no compliants, at least they didn't score. We actually improved after that, Athlone didn't get close to Cummins in goal. Hendo took off Gareth (poor), Mikey and Dav, and put on Kieran, McCarthy and Mucky. Kieran missed two absolute sitters in the last ten minutes - very rusty finshing. Kearney was MoM by a mile. Athlone ground very smart but no atmosphere whatsoever.

Deasy suspension coming up so I guess O'Keeffe may get another chance, unless Bilko is nearly right again.

The transfer window is open at the moment. If we are to have a hope of winning this division, we'll have to sign and out-and-out scorer. We create so much but don't score enough of them, same stroy against Derry.

bellavistaman
08/07/2007, 10:25 AM
Good report, you obviously travelled so did ya? Heard Bilko is out for another few weeks. Agreed another out and out scorer would be ideal but tricky one with no funds. Limerick will be a massive match next week

Battery Rover
08/07/2007, 10:46 PM
Match highlights now available on www.athlonetowntv.com

L37Ultra
08/07/2007, 11:11 PM
Ye must be ****ting ur selfs about Saturday :D!!

Comic Book Guy
08/07/2007, 11:21 PM
Ammm, in a word no.

bellavistaman
09/07/2007, 7:40 AM
Ye must be ****ting ur selfs about Saturday :D!!

not a hope lad!

Oh No
09/07/2007, 7:56 AM
Quote "Deasy's sending off was fair enough. Athlone striker was through for a dead cert goal and Deasy took him out so no compliants, at least they didn't score. "

A real case where the punishment didn't fit the crime. A certain goal it was. A penalty goal should be awarded for cheating like this.

bellavistaman
09/07/2007, 8:05 AM
Quote "Deasy's sending off was fair enough. Athlone striker was through for a dead cert goal and Deasy took him out so no compliants, at least they didn't score. "

A real case where the punishment didn't fit the crime. A certain goal it was. A penalty goal should be awarded for cheating like this.

Penalty goal my ******, that soccer for ya lad. We should have beat dery but didnt i njustice happens every game. penalty goal!!!:confused::eek:

bellavistaman
09/07/2007, 8:15 AM
Looked at the highlights there Ramblers played very well to be fair, Deasys tackle didnt look too bad still a red though, Mucky looked like he made a difference, that miss a t the end was poor enough, good pointaway from home.