PDA

View Full Version : Frentzen leaves Jordan

joe
25/07/2001, 1:50 PM
don't know how many of you are f1 fans but apparently Frentzen has left Jordan after a bust-up with Eddie and will be replaced by Riccardo Zonta, with immediate effect.

dahamsta
25/07/2001, 1:58 PM
God riddance I say. He totally lost the plot this year. But then Zonta isn't much of a player either, is he? And Jordan lost the plot too...

adam

pete
25/07/2001, 2:29 PM
HHF been taking the sunday driver thing a bit far for the last year.

Then again F1 as boring as ever has been this year *zzzzzzzzz*

Leonard
25/07/2001, 2:52 PM
Apparently he was left go due to a "serious fall out with boss Eddie Jordan" after the last Grand Prix. Zonta isn't much better, though. Bring back De Cesearis, I say.

dahamsta
27/07/2001, 4:49 PM
Oh god help us, please, no, not Button, anyone but Button..

At least Murray Walker's gone next year anyway, that's something. Everytime Button came on the screen the last couple years Walker would nearly have a coronary telling us all how fab he is. But even that was better than listening to those two morons RTE call commentators. Especially that foxy nana, what a dweeb. They come up with the same tat every week:

"Oh, he's monstering him there."
"He'll be in for a splash and dash."
"Oh, the rate of attrition is enormous this week."

I swear to god, I'll be going to Monaco next year and I'm going to hunt them down and kill them. Slowly...

adam

joe
27/07/2001, 4:55 PM
and don't forget

lap 1 (after a quick take-off): he must be carrying a lighter fuel load and going on a three stop strategy

some time later: looks like they're all on a two stop strategy this year

some time later again: it looks like most teams are using the ame one-stop strategy as last year

pete
27/07/2001, 5:16 PM
Have pity on me being stuck with RTE commentary while wait for cable connection!

BTW Murray Walker loves Button, Barrichello & Villeneuve. Those 3 can do no wrong whatever the senario!

Walker works well with Brundle as Murray yaps on for a few mins about say Montoya & then Brundle calmly buts in the say "well actually thats Ralf Schumacher....." cue 30secs of silence :D

dahamsta
27/07/2001, 5:27 PM
RUUUUUUBBBBIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNOOOOO!!!!

Oh, thank god he's gone next here...

adam

City Hero
29/07/2001, 9:41 PM
The latest from the F1 rumor mill is that Jean Alesi will join Jordan for the next race in Budapest. After this weekends race it seems that Peter Collins understudy is ready to replace him. Declan "in the pits" got far too much right, but definately has alot of potential.

Any way, I'll be in Budapest for the GP in 3 weeks. Adam, set me up with the full James Bond kit and I'll keep a look out for the boys.

pete
30/07/2001, 11:40 AM
Firstly that Peter Collins stand in was way better than the original. Wouldn't be too hard but he was better none the less.

Alesi will be like HHF in disguise, none too quick but will probably finish the races & maybe get a few points by default.

I see Jordan going an about winning a championship in a couple of year time. :rolleyes: When will he stop the spoofing as that not gonna happen!!!!

:(

Leonard
30/07/2001, 11:50 AM
Apparently it's all a planned thing, with young Japanese driver Sato coming in with the new Honda engines. By the looks of it, Jordan decided to sack HHF now rather than wait til the end of the season when he might find form again, and with BAR confirming their line up for next season, apparently the time was right for HHF to go. At least Aleisi might get a few finishes up for Jordan (he's been the most consistant driver this season).
Still reckon De Cesaris is worth another bash.

pete
30/07/2001, 3:40 PM
Speaking of drivers did anyone catch the programme about Irelands Damien Faulkner on Net2 last night.

had heard about him before but forgot he racing in Indy Lights!