PDA

View Full Version : Hammarby Game

ForzaHoop
07/07/2007, 1:37 PM
Best of Luck today lads,

Do the League proud.:ball:

Risteard
07/07/2007, 3:36 PM
Obviously, it's difficult to know but i reckon they'll give City a very tough tie.

GavinZac
07/07/2007, 3:38 PM
apparantly, Charlie Davies is on his way to Cork from South America :eek:

crc
07/07/2007, 5:06 PM
Anyone know if there's radio coverage on the internet?

And, Best of Luck CCFC.

gufcfan
07/07/2007, 7:55 PM
Jesus well done healy! Already having an impact!

Jokes aside best of luck with intertoto

Pablo Escobar
07/07/2007, 11:23 PM
Healy was class tonight, well deserved MOM!

Troy.McClure
08/07/2007, 1:08 AM
What position was healy?

Pablo Escobar
08/07/2007, 12:07 PM
Roamed the midfield. Basically he was told stay go to the right in a 3 man midfield, but he ended up being everywhere. He always had time on the ball...the sign of a class player!

REST OF THE LEAGUE WATCH OUT!

He's also a lot bigger than I though and very physically strong!

A face
08/07/2007, 12:24 PM
If we were to play like we did in the first half for the rest of the season, we'd wrap up in league in no time. We know now was is possible, its basically up to the lads to do the business.

For a player, it must be great to put in put in a performance like that and be involved in that team. That is what the game is all about.

Risteard
08/07/2007, 12:48 PM
Savage last night.
Healys was amongst the best individual performances i've seen at the Cross.
Felt sorry for Darren Murphy at the start but Farrelly impressed.
If he competes for a place centre-back, we'll have one hell of a line-up.

pateen
09/07/2007, 11:49 AM
Is there any vidoe footage lurking about. Unfoortualy I cant open rte at work but were there any camera present for highlights?

bellavistaman
09/07/2007, 12:54 PM
Savage last night.
Healys was amongst the best individual performances i've seen at the Cross.
Felt sorry for Darren Murphy at the start but Farrelly impressed.
If he competes for a place centre-back, we'll have one hell of a line-up.

What happened Darren Murphy?

micls
09/07/2007, 1:14 PM
Was dropped for the lads. Could see him move to centre back though since Kelly seemed to get injured during the game

bellavistaman
09/07/2007, 1:19 PM
Oh ya, always gonna happen really, seeing the size of farrelly and the fitness of murphy id go with Murphy, shouldnt be all on rep. And up in bohs last year murphy destroyed farrelly, in football and other matters.

Risteard
09/07/2007, 2:15 PM
No, Farrelly was very impressive imo.
Accomodate them all, i say.

I think Kelly is a great prospect but got turned a few times by Paulinho and the yank.
Throw Darren Murphy in there i say.
Did he start centre-back for yourselves usually.

bellavistaman
09/07/2007, 2:19 PM
Always for years, he only played centre mid at the end of his Rams spell, under Hendo mostly. hes a class act in both positions, i reckon hes a better CB though, causes too much trouble in CM:D

paudie
09/07/2007, 4:36 PM
Always for years, he only played centre mid at the end of his Rams spell, under Hendo mostly. hes a class act in both positions, i reckon hes a better CB though, causes too much trouble in CM:D

Healy was class all right, popped up everywhere looking for the ball. Farrelly a little quieter.

Murphy got a wake up call when he came on, dispossessed a few times but he's a good player.

We played weel first half and deserved to be ahead but they upped it second half.

Still in it though and should be a good second leg.

pete
09/07/2007, 9:53 PM
City continued where they left off against Bohs last week but with the addition of a few better players.

We didn't get out of the blocks for the 2nd half but for some of the 1st half gave Hammarby a real doing. Pity we did not make it 2-0 in the 1st half. Brilliant run by Healy on the left to set-up the goal. Did not see the handball incident myself but I believe it should have been red & a penalty for City..?

balls
09/07/2007, 10:04 PM
healy is different class. if he keeps playing like that no EL team will touch him . farrelly is over weight. class for first 20 mins after that went out of game. he was completely gone in second

Peadar
10/07/2007, 2:29 PM
farrelly is over weight. class for first 20 mins after that went out of game. he was completely gone in second

He hadn't played in months, then plays 120 minutes on Tuesday. I'd say he can be excused for not lasting the pace on Saturday.

Risteard
12/07/2007, 1:52 PM
Gamble doubtful for the return leg.

bellavistaman
12/07/2007, 2:55 PM
hopefully murphy will start so.

adamcarr
12/07/2007, 4:56 PM
hopefully murphy will start so.

He played Cillian Lordan there against Galway when Gamble was injured. Murphy was brilliant when he got his chance, he won Player of the month and was very harshly treated by being dropped for an overweight Farrelly.

micls
12/07/2007, 4:57 PM
He played Cillian Lordan there against Galway when Gamble was injured. Murphy was brilliant when he got his chance, he won Player of the month and was very harshly treated by being dropped for an overweight Farrelly.

I think it was partially cos he wasnt fully fit. Played no part in galway either and looked like he was in pain during half time

Torn-Ado
12/07/2007, 5:00 PM
To any lads going over to Stockholm to the game. Keep an eye out for any jumped up, hooded little wannkers shouting 'GSE'.

These Swedes have seen the movies and are loving the football hooligan mullarkey like the eejits that they are. Just keep an eye out because I was talking to Hammarby fan who reckons there would be some trouble but it will probably all be fine and dandy. :)

ccfcgirl
12/07/2007, 5:10 PM
Hopfully a City win tomorrow night ,Hopfully ROD can keep up his scoring record.....

Risteard
12/07/2007, 6:02 PM
Is it tomorrow?
Thought it was on Saturday.

ollie
12/07/2007, 7:18 PM
according to the club website its on Saturday. No kick off time stated though..?

pete
12/07/2007, 7:56 PM
according to the club website its on Saturday. No kick off time stated though..?

I think its the afternoon, something like 3pm irish time....

Torn-Ado
13/07/2007, 1:38 PM
3 pm Irish time according to RTE

wiseman
14/07/2007, 4:15 PM
Hammerby 1-0 City FT.
City lose 2-1 on Agg.
Match delay due to coin throwing incident. Hammerby scum hit Devine. Gave Hammerby benefit of the doubt for meeting up with Rovers fans last week. All doubt gone now.

Rovers fan
14/07/2007, 4:39 PM
Gave Hammerby benefit of the doubt for meeting up with Rovers fans last week. All doubt gone now.

what happened with rovers?

swano
14/07/2007, 4:50 PM
what happened with rovers?

Nothing happened. A few of us travelled down with Hammarby fans that we've known for a few years. We organised the bus as they had booked flights into Dublin but their return flight was at 9am on the Sunday morning and they would have had no way to get back after the match thanks to our superb public transport system.
Mass hysteria broke out on the cork forum but nothing happened at the game.

sligoman
14/07/2007, 10:45 PM
what happened with rovers?What are you calling them Rovers for is more to the point!:mad:

LeixlipRed
15/07/2007, 12:32 PM
Posted this in the other thread but it got locked, how have Healy and Farrelly been doing since they signed?

pete
15/07/2007, 5:06 PM
Posted this in the other thread but it got locked, how have Healy and Farrelly been doing since they signed?

Healy has been great & Farrelly has been steady.

Healy is the more attacking as he gets up & down the pitch, looks to beat players, gets into the box & also looking for through balls.

Farrelly is the tidied but he passes the ball effortlessly.

Will be interesting to see how Healy fares in the upcoming games against Drogs & Pats.

LeixlipRed
15/07/2007, 5:46 PM
And has Healy looked a class apart? Just interested to compare him to other "stars" who've returned home. Cheers Pete

A face
15/07/2007, 8:44 PM
Will be interesting to see how Healy fares in the upcoming games against Drogs & Pats.

I can see him getting kicked to death in some league games to be honest.

pete
16/07/2007, 3:27 PM
And has Healy looked a class apart? Just interested to compare him to other "stars" who've returned home. Cheers Pete

TBH I remember that he played for Ireland but had no idea what type of player he was. Someone I know compared him to a former City player now in the English Championship but Healy has pace & strength. ;)

Risteard
16/07/2007, 10:04 PM
Both were excellent v Hammarby at home but it'll take another few games to judge them really.