PDA

View Full Version : once again John is fighting

sadloserkid
20/03/2003, 3:29 PM
Yeah but I'm still a relative newbie to the EL scene. This is only my 4th season. I dunno the answer anyway, are none of the City fans gonna answer it???

Shed End John
20/03/2003, 3:45 PM
Originally posted by sadloserkid
Yeah but I'm still a relative newbie to the EL scene. This is only my 4th season. I dunno the answer anyway, are none of the City fans gonna answer it???

Better late than never. Besides, we all have to start somewhere. Doesn't seem like they are, but, I'd be surprised if a single one of them didn't get it.

sadloserkid
20/03/2003, 3:47 PM
Originally posted by Shed End John
Better late than never. Besides, we all have to start somewhere. Doesn't seem like they are, but, I'd be surprised if a single one of them didn't get it.

Late??? I'm only 22 you know! Basically I'm from County Limerick and when I came to college in da citeee I started going to da football! So simple even a Cork feen could follow it :D

Shed End John
20/03/2003, 3:58 PM
Originally posted by sadloserkid
Late??? I'm only 22 you know!

So?? I'm 22 as well. Thing is that makes you 18(?) when you became a Limerick fan, I'm supporting city since I was 9. I didn't mean it in any other way.

Badweather Fan, it's not McCabe, though, the right answer WAS at least partly responsible for bringing him to City.

sadloserkid
20/03/2003, 4:01 PM
Originally posted by Shed End John
So?? I'm 22 as well. Thing is that makes you 18(?) when you became a Limerick fan, I'm supporting city since I was 9. I didn't mean it in any other way.

I lived nearly twenty miles outside Limerick. The last bus home left the city at 5.45 pm and only ran 6 days a week. Supporting Limerick wasn't an option until I moved to the city myself...

Badweather Fan
20/03/2003, 4:01 PM
Sure what would i know.
Only a wee moptopped young urchin meself sure.:(

Shed End John
20/03/2003, 4:04 PM
Originally posted by Badweather Fan
Sure what would i know.
Only a wee moptopped young urchin meself sure.:(

You're right in looking at the early 90's. Both players were together at City for a brief spell, before McCabe was disgracefully pushed out. Plus, the man in question was Scottish as well.