PDA

View Full Version : Striker

new blue
07/07/2007, 12:24 AM
No score again tonight.
Any idea what striker has scored the most in League.

passinginterest
09/07/2007, 9:53 AM
No score again tonight.
Any idea what striker has scored the most in League.

I'd go with Lloyd Colfer for the two he got in one game.
Other than that Tom Elmes has one and I don't think the others have scored.
Top scorers have three each, Sinnott, Malone and Rossi I think.

A confident, free scoring striker would be nice alright, although any striker will struggle when the wingers don't get forward enough and get balls into the box.

A big man to get on the end of some more set pieces would be handy too. Malone is the big danger, but all the clubs know that now and he never gets any space.

Now if Eoin Quigley quit the hurlers and Ciaran Lyng and Eric Bradley left the footballers that would be handy.

Thunder-WYFC
09/07/2007, 10:10 AM
I think its Eric Bradleys bro at Adamstown,maybe Mick could try him out if interested.He'd scare the **** out of any back 4 and it would be worth it letting Craig Mcg play off him.

wexfordseagull
09/07/2007, 11:58 AM
darren browne played the 2nd half against kilkenny on sunday,and really put himself about forced 3 saves out of the keeper(lee walker) and took out 2 defenders at the corner where shane dempsey headed the winner.when he's fit he will give opposition defenders a real tough time,if he stays injury free he might just be our answer.

ForzaWexford
10/07/2007, 9:15 PM
Yeah Darren's a really tough, physical centre-forward alright. I think his best days are behind him, but it would be interesting to see him match fit - would definitely be an option.

Totally unrelated, but Shane Dunphy's time at the club has come to an end. Not sure if he's officialy gone, but he may aswell be. Pa Doyle and Jay Russell will be the two keepers from now on, as far as the eL side is concerned anyway.

Unrelated again, but I heard a rumour that Fran Hore has signed for Shelbourne....anyone know anything about this?

Speaking of Fran, Mick picked his younger brother Craig for the 21's but no sooner had Craig signed up than he wanted his release and fecked off to Kilkenny.