PDA

View Full Version : New Players

rambler14
06/07/2007, 9:00 PM
Karl Caulfield and Declan Cahill signed from Cork City today.

MojoPin
06/07/2007, 9:04 PM
caulfield is an excellent player but its just another case of city rejects hopping on the train to cobh.

GavinZac
06/07/2007, 9:08 PM
is this a loan or transfer? ccfc website mentions "til the end of the season" - does this mean its a loan, or that they've been released totally and have a few months to impress at cobh? :)

rambler14
06/07/2007, 9:15 PM
Just a Loan

don ramo
07/07/2007, 4:26 AM
whats the story with them where do they play, and will they provide a challenge for the current players in the squad, do city actuallly see them as future members of the first team, or are they some of there thousands of players they hold onto so no-one can have them

GavinZac
07/07/2007, 6:41 AM
whats the story with them where do they play, and will they provide a challenge for the current players in the squad, do city actuallly see them as future members of the first team, or are they some of there thousands of players they hold onto so no-one can have them

both are pretty highly rated as far as i've heard. they'd have been next in line for promotion to the first team after cillian lordan, colm carroll and brendan daly. by involving them in first team eircom league football rather than the u21 league AGAIN i suppose it'll spur them on development wise - at least thats the hope - so they'll be ready for the first team squad next year.

they'll see plenty of familiar faces down saint colemans too :D

Rams-07
07/07/2007, 9:23 AM
Thought we were doing fine with all the young player we have,they havent left us down yet,suppose thats the end of the Cobh lads getting a run (Deady & O Halloran)....would much prefer to see these playing..
Any chance of a text with tonights happenings in Athlone Bellavistaman..last day of hols....

thegafferman
07/07/2007, 1:47 PM
we get new players in you moan.... we dont get players in u moan what do u f...ng want ... 11 cobh players ..... lose the island mentality its a big world where we all have to compete to stay on top.... were living in cork for christ sakes...o halloran and deady both have proven the can do it ...whats your prob?

don ramo
07/07/2007, 6:06 PM
look, its handy to have a few in reserve, we do after all have a small squad and this is the cheapest way to get players, as long as they only get picked if they do better than the players here all along i dont care, if you play better you deserve your place thats what we want, thats 4 new plaers in so,

the city lads, again where do they play please

readin errortel it says the city lads and mucky are not registered yet, whats with that, whatever about the city lads mucky played already or is it just errortell at it again

Pablo Escobar
07/07/2007, 11:27 PM
Karl Caufield is a superb midfield player, I'd fancy him to break into the first team!

MojoPin
08/07/2007, 6:23 AM
Karl Caufield is a superb midfield player, I'd fancy him to break into the first team!

ya id say he'll stay here long term... midfield chances at city are all but gone now.. best midfield in the league on paper anyway...... heres to hoping we dont get ray "under 21's" lally down here

bellavistaman
08/07/2007, 10:22 AM

Agreed, he is top class, only thing is we have so much competition in centre mid, nobody is gettin over Kearneys spot, then youve Barrett who is playing very good recently, Muccy who is class, Kinger great passer, now karl Caufield, and Jason Gleeson in 21s who is doing himself no harm with MOTM performances, along with Roy Long! Ramblers have a big future lads.

rambler14
08/07/2007, 7:37 PM
Lets all pray together that Ray Lally stays a Cork City player. One of the biggest wastes of space i've ever seen.

bellavistaman
09/07/2007, 2:35 PM
Lets all pray together that Ray Lally stays a Cork City player. One of the biggest wastes of space i've ever seen.

Agreed on please keep him away from Rams, he cant be that bad though. He wouldnt get a sniff down here though.

Rams-07
09/07/2007, 4:56 PM
Think we have enough city players here now..wouldnt mind seen Jason Gleeson get a run..got a good write up on Echo tonight after u21 game..and he is local..

rambler14
10/07/2007, 9:12 PM
Has Jamie Nolan left or is he just injured?

Rams-07
10/07/2007, 10:08 PM
Heard through the grapevine hes been released..but as usual its hard to get official info...was watching them training tonight..great to see James Mccarthy back..hopefully he will be fit to play in a few weeks..think we have lost a bit of confidence at the back since hes been out...

bellavistaman
11/07/2007, 7:33 AM
Heard through the grapevine hes been released..but as usual its hard to get official info...was watching them training tonight..great to see James Mccarthy back..hopefully he will be fit to play in a few weeks..think we have lost a bit of confidence at the back since hes been out...

Ya would be fantastic to see him fit for the weekend?

sadloserkid
17/07/2007, 2:47 PM
Has Jamie Nolan left or is he just injured?

Any update on this?

bellavistaman
17/07/2007, 2:58 PM
Any update on this?

gone i reckon nothing official but everybody sayin it.