PDA

View Full Version : Interesting news about McCarthy

Nempton
20/03/2003, 4:24 PM
Thought ye might like to know that apparently there is nothing definite with Derek and Kilkenny. He was training with them last night in Waterford but he won't agree to anything until he gets a job there because he doesn't want to be travelling up and down like a mad man. He still wouldn't play for Limerick though but or new hosts Pike did try to sign him as well.

Oh yeah the first round of drinks are on SLK at Pikes bar if you turn up for the first home match of the season. Cheers SLK :D

deise deserter
20/03/2003, 5:20 PM
Heard me a rumour that your buddy WAS contacted by Noel. Can you substantiate this Nemp?

lims fan
21/03/2003, 12:51 AM
If he signs we have a great chance of promotion and an O'Flynn-McCarthy axis would be the best limerick strike force since Tommy gaynor and Pat Morley

sadloserkid
21/03/2003, 10:19 AM
Er Deise... there's a whole thread about your 'rumour' on this forum! :rolleyes:

Check it out here... (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6304)

And Lims Fan, while the Derek McCarthy of old would be a great player for Limerick to play with O'Flynn upfront, according to Nempton (who kinda has the inside track on this one) above he still won't consider playing for Limerick so sadly it doesn't look good for us on that score.

deise deserter
21/03/2003, 12:15 PM
Hey Nempton RE: Drinks from SLK.

Don't bet on it - staight edger that he is we'll all probably be drinking 7up!:p

sadloserkid
21/03/2003, 1:10 PM
Originally posted by deise deserter
Hey Nempton RE: Drinks from SLK.

Don't bet on it - staight edger that he is we'll all probably be drinking 7up!:p

Not to mention the fact that he's a tight git! :D

Nempton
24/03/2003, 4:25 PM
Derek has signed for Kilkenny so thats the end of that. He only has to turn up to training with them once a week and he is going to train with a few of the lads from back home another night to keep his fitness up.

sadloserkid
25/03/2003, 8:15 AM
No surprise there really. Though it remains to be seen how competitive Kilkenny will be if they're only training together once a week.

Nempton
25/03/2003, 4:55 PM
Sorry I didn't clarfiy that properly. Derek only has to turn up to one of their training sessions a week because he is living at home and working in Charleville. I don't know how many times Kilkenny train a week. Sorry.

sadloserkid
26/03/2003, 8:13 AM
I understand that Nempton but if McCarthy isn't the only blow-in they have the others will surely be in the same boat. McCarthy can hardly expect preferential treatment at a second club especially as a new signing. It looks as though quite a few Kilkenny players will only be training with their team-mates once a week and that can't be a good thing.

deise deserter
27/03/2003, 4:01 PM
Can't remember where I heard this so correct me if I'm wrong, but I assume that Derek will be going to Waterford for his training as I heard Kilkenny use the RSC once a week. This right?

Nempton
28/03/2003, 10:15 AM
Yes thats correct that they are training in Waterford. They are training on the astro turf so I'm presuming its W.I.T. or the RSC (if it has an astro turf pitch, I don't know) either way both are close by to each other.

I replied back to the Limerick FC betting but it doesn't seem to be posting so SLK will you see can you do anything if not I'll post it again.