PDA

View Full Version : McCullough vs. Harrison

Aberdonian Stu
19/03/2003, 4:33 PM
I'm going to hope there's at least one other boxing fan out there.

Any of you who get the chance should tune into the Wayne McCullough - Scott Harrison fight at the weekend. I won't see it myself (am going to a 21st down the schticks) but it has the potential to be the best fight on this side of the Atlantic this year.

When it comes to ability McCullough has it by a mile but Harrison's youth will count for a lot in this bout. I reckon McCullough to win on points.

Macy
20/03/2003, 9:12 AM
I thought this was going to be another music thread - Echo and the Bunnymen vs The Beatles.... For the record both okay, but both over rated.... :)

Shed End John
20/03/2003, 9:20 AM
Originally posted by Aberdonian Stu
I reckon McCullough to win on points.

Hope so. The Pocket Rocket badly needs a few wins to get his career back on track.

Dricky
20/03/2003, 9:31 AM
Well McC is the points master is it true he still has never been ko'd in competition?

Shed End John
20/03/2003, 9:40 AM
Originally posted by Dricky
Well McC is the points master is it true he still has never been ko'd in competition?

As far as I know, yes. The only thing that worries me, especially against a much younger fighter, is his lack of a knockout punch. Hope that doesn't come back to haunt him.

Badweather Fan
20/03/2003, 11:16 AM
Thought he'd to retire for health reasons.
+
What are the chances of him meeting Naseem 'i'm not good anymore' Hamed?
Heard McCulloch was robbed last time.
True?

Shed End John
20/03/2003, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Badweather Fan
Thought he'd to retire for health reasons.

Not exactly. The situation's an extremely tricky one. Apparently, he has some sort of cyst on his brain which wouldn't even be an issue if it was 1mm smaller, and would mean he could never box again if it was 1mm bigger. The British Boxing Board of Control refused him a licence over it, but, McCullough got a 2nd opinion that backed his side, ie he was fine, nothing wrong with him at all.

Real ale Madrid
20/03/2003, 12:52 PM
McCullough was hammered by Naseem. THe fight will be a very even contest imo between two very good but not great fighters

Badweather Fan
20/03/2003, 1:40 PM
Originally posted by Real ale Madrid
McCullough was hammered by Naseem.
Does Shed End John concurr?

Shed End John
20/03/2003, 2:10 PM
Does Shed End John concurr?

Much as it pains me to, seeing as I absolutely HATE Naz, yes, he knocked the living s**t out of McCullough for the full 12 rounds.

Badweather Fan
22/03/2003, 9:22 PM
Come on the Pocket Rocket.

Real ale Madrid
23/03/2003, 7:00 PM
Unfortuately the pocket rocket was outclassed last night by a class act. I never knew Harrison was that good. He was absolutely outstanding. McCullough was good as well imo but he just does not throw as much punches as he used to. It's probably the end of the road for him now. Great fight I thought.

Badweather Fan
23/03/2003, 10:22 PM
Damn.
Sure silver was always a failure.
:D
Where's Carruth nowadays?

Shed End John
24/03/2003, 10:21 AM
Where's Carruth nowadays?

Long since retired and at least two stone overweight.