PDA

View Full Version : Club Suggestions Thread

superfrank
05/07/2007, 2:51 PM
As a lot of us have opinions on how the club is being run, I've decided to start a thread for suggestions on the running of the club. Hopefully, we, the fans, can give the club some help and insight.

centre mid
14/07/2007, 5:06 PM
Only just spotted this sticky...

I suggested a while ago that the club run a pick up bus on match days from ballybrack to kilcoole inclusive, charge €2 a head and it should be covered, I'm sure Finnegans would be happy to oblidge. I know Limerick used to do something similar, not sure how succesful it was for Limerick but that may have more to do with the power-struggle in Limerick at the time.

Is it possible to go into all the secondary schools in the above areas and offer half price tickets to kids every week, the same with all the schoolboy clubs.

notever
27/01/2008, 3:05 PM
I suggest that the fans should make suggestions as to what music they want to hear on match nights.We have had people complainig about the music so lets give suggestions here and see if the Club take notice.By the way amerillo for me just before the teams come out before the game and again just before the second half is good lively music for the occasion.I think the Bray Wanderers song Red Rose Cafe should be played each match night.Anyone else got sugestions and lets see what happens.

centre mid
28/01/2008, 9:15 AM
Judging by the response to my suggestion it will be a long wait

KR's Post
31/01/2008, 10:15 AM
I tried this couple of years ago and kinda one reason i'm not there anymore is because the club most of the time didn't listen. Me and Anthony Rooney were suggedting after each goal in our Season back in the Premier that we blare out Oasis Hello Hello, it's good to be back good to be back!! Never happened!

Celtic tiger, You are living in dream land!!!!!!!!!

centre mid
16/11/2008, 1:36 AM
Suggestion to club...........

read this thread every now and again........cant hurt.

KR's Post
13/12/2008, 1:18 PM
how am i? they are all very feasable suggestions!

Tell me where Bray Wanderers who have just let 5 players go and have slashed their budget are going to get money for what you have suggested..

nf08
13/12/2009, 4:34 PM
Ther is noting that we can do the way the club is being run is the way it i hate the way its run but it still there.

peadar1987
14/12/2009, 3:14 PM
Ther is noting that we can do the way the club is being run is the way it i hate the way its run but it still there.

Ferociously defeatist attitude you have there! I sent an email to Jack O'Neill before the season just gone, mainly because I was bored, and he invited me down to the Carlisle for a chat about what I'd said. The fans do have a part to play in the running of the club, and the management know this.

Just for the record, off the top of my head, here are the suggestions I've come up with:

-Sponsor jerseys or bibs for local football clubs and schools, as this targets a market already interested in football, and generates goodwill towards the club, as well as advertising.

-Scrape together the money for advertising at DART stations, bus stops, and Luas stops, when the line gets extended.

-Start a deal with a club or bar in Bray, where you get a concession if you present a ticket stub from the match at the door. Maybe get the DJ to give a shout out about the result at some point during the night. The bar gets extra punters, the club gets extra exposure, everybody wins!

-Make it possible to buy tickets in local shops from Greystones to say Dalkey. People are far more likely to impulse buy a ticket for a football match if they're already doing their shopping, and are out and about, as opposed to specifically getting up and going all the way to the Carlisle. Link this in with the advertising, so people know all about it, when they look at a poster elsewhere, and as soon as they walk into a shop.

-Visits to local schools and football camps, make a bit of a show, do a few ball tricks (Derek Foran can do his trademark Zidane spin!) give out free or half-price tickets. I know the club has tried this already, but I think it's a great scheme. And another plus is, if the kids want to go, chances are parents will have to be dragged along as well.

-Try and add to non-football side of the matchday experience. It became mine and my dad's ritual to go out on a Friday, order an Indian on our way to the ground, then pick it up on the way back home. Super end to the week! If the club linked up with local eateries and pubs, gave discounts for people who presented ticket stubs, and the club publicised this during the announcements, it could make the difference between a casual person who drops in once or twice a season (as I used to be), and someone making it their Friday night ritual.

When bringing up attendances, numbers breed numbers. The more people in a group of mates who go to games, the higher the chances the rest of the group will start showing up, the more the club will be talked about in pubs and playgrounds, and the higher our attendances will get.

We have a great club, with huge potential, it just needs to be unlocked.

nf08
14/12/2009, 7:50 PM
I suggest that the fans should make suggestions as to what music they want to hear on match nights.We have had people complainig about the music so lets give suggestions here and see if the Club take notice.By the way amerillo for me just before the teams come out before the game and again just before the second half is good lively music for the occasion.I think the Bray Wanderers song Red Rose Cafe should be played each match night.Anyone else got sugestions and lets see what happens.
Red Rose Cafe Should Be Blayed. That Would Be Class Agen :D

Albatross
12/02/2010, 8:32 AM

Be more specific,what dont you like about the way the club is run?

KK77
13/09/2012, 2:32 PM
I would like to suggest the club stop giving out free season tickets to certain persons.

Albatross
13/09/2012, 2:44 PM
I would like to suggest the club stop giving out free season tickets to certain persons.

KK77 this is something we agree on, I've been saying it for years but I'm afraid it fell on deaf ears. The board did not have the same opinion.

KK77
13/09/2012, 3:12 PM
KK77 this is something we agree on, I've been saying it for years but I'm afraid it fell on deaf ears. The board did not have the same opinion.

I wasn't aware the board had been confronted about this. Worrying that they did not have the same opinion. Thanks for the reply.

Albatross
13/09/2012, 3:28 PM
I wasn't aware the board had been confronted about this. Worrying that they did not have the same opinion. Thanks for the reply.

There are lots of things that you could worry about, the board has been confronted on many issues but chose to sit on it's hands. if you only knew!