PDA

View Full Version : Rocking the pitch: team entrance music and the stuff played at the stadium

Kickeroo
19/03/2003, 2:59 PM
One of the things I get to do for the Kickers is to play a 40-50 minute home-burned CD from the time the gates open until the start of the pre-game festivities.

I also get to load up our sound system with just about anything I like. I try to keep things as ecclectic as possible but I guarantee one thing:

No boy bands. Period. If it harmonizes, I ain't playing it.

But anyway, I'm curious as to what your team and or team mascot comes out to.

At the time, the newer version of "Gone in 60 Seconds" had come out, and I snagged the soundtrack.

So, when Kickeroo is introduced Appollo 440's "Stop the Rock" plays.

And when the Kickers come out, Trevor Rabin's "Boost Me" is played.

the link below shows a shot of me greeting the fans while all this is going on. Enjoy.

http://images.fotki.com/v8/photos/3/32057/143060/Crowd81702-vi.jpg

Badweather Fan
19/03/2003, 3:03 PM
Originally posted by Kickeroo
the link below shows a shot of me greeting the fans while all this is going on. Enjoy.
http://images.fotki.com/v8/photos/3/32057/143060/Crowd81702-vi.jpg
Just how i imagined ya.
Ha ha.
Fair play.

Dricky
19/03/2003, 3:15 PM
Fair Play to ye,

:D :D

Kickeroo
19/03/2003, 3:17 PM
So I'm guessing Cork Ciry FC plays in absolute silence?? What a bummer!

:D

Kickeroo
19/03/2003, 5:12 PM
Well, that's the nice thing about being in charge of stuff like this.....I can try it out and see if the vibe picks up.

Consider it "tested".

Thansk for the info.

Pauro 76
19/03/2003, 5:17 PM
excellent!!! we had a mascot, a Longford Lion but he's defected to the Leinster Rugby Team apparantly...

JUDAS! :cool:

Kickeroo
19/03/2003, 6:06 PM
aw, damn! I wish I'd have known that! Looking at my vacation schedule, I MIGHT be able to be at the May 16th game (Longford Town vs. St. Patrick's). The only problem is that I'd have had to already ship my back-up Kickeroo suit. i could've rocked where the Lion used to be, so long as you don't mind a blue kangaroo.

and yes...here's a picture of THAT particular one, along with my OTHER character, the Gade, from the Richmond Renegades pro hockey team

Again, I'm the one in blue..

http://www.bigfool.com/mascots/gade.jpg

eoinh
19/03/2003, 11:51 PM
one thing ive noticed from watching eurogoals is that some dutch and belgian clubs play this great piece of music after their team scores. Sounds brilliant and really gets the stadium rocking.

Shed End John
20/03/2003, 9:17 AM
Originally posted by eoinh
one thing ive noticed from watching eurogoals is that some dutch and belgian clubs play this great piece of music after their team scores. Sounds brilliant and really gets the stadium rocking.

Being a 'never miss it' viewer of Eurogoals myself, I know exactly the piece of music you're on about; and I've said for years that with a proper PA system, it'd work a treat out the X. The piece seems to be slowly spreading across Europe, though. I've recently heard it played in Mallorca and Marseilles.

Pauro 76
20/03/2003, 1:45 PM
aw, damn! I wish I'd have known that! Looking at my vacation schedule, I MIGHT be able to be at the May 16th game (Longford Town vs. St. Patrick's). The only problem is that I'd have had to already ship my back-up Kickeroo suit. i could've rocked where the Lion used to be, so long as you don't mind a blue kangaroo.

A blue kangaroo eh, now that'd be interesting!!! itll match our away kit anyway.. If your heading there, see ya there, if your up for a challenge, try and liven up the “Yes Men” stand for us! :cool:

Shed End John
20/03/2003, 2:34 PM
Originally posted by PAURO 7
excellent!!! we had a mascot, a Longford Lion but he's defected to the Leinster Rugby Team apparantly...

Saw that so-called Leinster Lion at a game once. The only thing I could possibly say is: what a complete gobs***e!!

Kickeroo
20/03/2003, 2:34 PM
Alas, as my schedule is firming up...we'llbe in Co. Donegal on the 16th. Sorry to all Longford supporters.

BUT: Monday 12 May: Dublin City vs. Kildare County will work.

I will contact D.C and see if Old Blue can show up for some fun.

Shed End John
20/03/2003, 2:45 PM
and see if Old Blue can show up for some fun.

If you ever find yourself in Cork on a Friday night, and City are playing at home "Old Blue" would be more than welcome to make an appearance.......we could do with replacing that silly Evening Echo dog anyway.

Pablo
20/03/2003, 3:08 PM
BUT: Monday 12 May: Dublin City vs. Kildare County will work.

I

no stadium....no fans.....bad footie.....bad choice

Shed End John
20/03/2003, 3:16 PM
Originally posted by Pablo
no stadium....no fans.....bad footie.....bad choice

Yeah, Friday/weekend games are much better attended.

Pablo
20/03/2003, 3:26 PM
Originally posted by Shed End John
Yeah, Friday/weekend games are much better attended.

I was refering to Dublin City. an outsider would think they were a big club with a name like that. they are easily the 5th team in the dublin area, i'd say even some of the ametuer teams have a better support and set up then they do

Shed End John
20/03/2003, 3:31 PM
I was refering to Dublin City.

Well, let's see. FACT: a few months back Dublin City ran a newspaper article, basically saying they had tried everything, and miserably failed, to get the fans in the gate.
FACT: with a name like Cork City an outsider would think we're a big club, yet, what have we won in the last 4 years worth writing home about? F**kall is the answer.

Kickeroo
20/03/2003, 3:32 PM
rats! so i guess Dublin City matches look like pick-up games, eh?

Well then, we'll just have to all meet up in a pub somewhere and have footie fun the old fashioned way.

That is, unless, a bunch of you folks want to play a game yourselves?

I'm seeing if there's any way during this tour that we can get to Cork. It's not likely, but I'll try.

Shed End John
20/03/2003, 3:35 PM
I'm seeing if there's any way during this tour that we can get to Cork. It's not likely, but I'll try.

That would be highly recommended. City have a number of high-profile fixtures against some of the Dublin clubs in their opening 6-8 matches. I'd strongly advise that you try and get to one. Then you'd see first-hand what Irish soccer is all about.

Pablo
20/03/2003, 3:36 PM
Originally posted by Shed End John
Well, let's see. FACT: a few months back Dublin City ran a newspaper article, basically saying they had tried everything, and miserably failed, to get the fans in the gate.
FACT: with a name like Cork City an outsider would think we're a big club, yet, what have we won in the last 4 years worth writing home about? F**kall is the answer.

well we can get 8-10 k through the gate when doing well. thet get about 200!

Shed End John
20/03/2003, 3:41 PM
well we can get 8-10 k through the gate when doing well. thet get about 200!

Look at Europe's so-called big clubs. The word 'big' is attached to them because of a successful track record. Real Madrid, AC Milan and other comparable clubs have the trophies to prove their greatness, City on the other hand, only have a track record of underachievement. City are POTENTIALLY a big club, potential that, sadly, is still unrealised.

Schumi
21/03/2003, 1:05 PM
they are easily the 5th team in the dublin area That'd be 6th.

If that Blue Kangaroo wants to show up at UCD game, he'd be more than welcome. We wear blue so he'd look much more at home.

Kickeroo
21/03/2003, 2:22 PM
Originally posted by Schumi
That'd be 6th.

If that Blue Kangaroo wants to show up at UCD game, he'd be more than welcome. We wear blue so he'd look much more at home.

U.C.D. v Bray Wanderers on 12 May? Is that a home match? If so, I'm literally "hopping" to be there! :)

Schumi
21/03/2003, 2:28 PM
Yeah it's at home. It's either the 12th or the 13th. No doubt Bray will have that seagull for the game. :rolleyes: