PDA

View Full Version : Man Utd close to signing Tevez

DmanDmythDledge
05/07/2007, 12:19 PM
From BBC (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/6272664.stm):

Man Utd close in on striker Tevez

West Ham striker Carlos Tevez is set to join Manchester United, according to BBC Five Live Sport.

BBC sports editor Mihir Bose understands talks are under way and Tevez may move on loan or permanently.

Tevez, 23, is currently on international duty with Argentina in the Copa America in Venezuela.

West Ham have said they want to keep him after he helped them survive in the Premier League last season but doubts have remained over his Hammers future.

"I understand talks have been going on for several weeks now," added Bose.

"Manchester United are certainly very keen on Carlos Tevez but they are very complicated talks because of the nature of the loan arrangement he has at West Ham.

"What is going on is whether he goes on a permanent move, which would involve a very high fee. Certainly, Tevez's people would want in the region of what Zinedine Zidane went for when he moved to Real Madrid - about £40m.

"Or he could go on the same arrangement his colleague Javier Mascherano went to Liverpool under when he left West Ham. That was a two-year deal and a sort of extended loan for a much lower fee."

There was much controversy over the signing of Tevez and that of fellow Argentine Javier Mascherano by the Upton Park club last summer.

West Ham were fined £5.5m for irregularities that centred on who owned the players' contracts but Sheffield United, who were relegated from the Premiership in the 2006-2007 campaign, believe the London club should have been docked points.

An arbitration panel this week upheld a decision not to deduct points from the Hammers but the Blades are investigating whether they can appeal to the civil courts.

All through the saga, Tevez has focused solely on his game.

At the end of last season he inspired the Hammers to a run of form that lifted the club out of the bottom three and clinched their top-flight status.

When Tevez first arrived at Upton Park he found games hard to come by under the then West Ham boss Alan Pardew but he was given a more prominent role after Alan Curbishley took the helm in December 2006.

Last season Tevez scored seven goals in his final 10 Premier League games, including the winner at Manchester United that guaranteed West Ham's survival.

He was expected to delay a decision over his future until after the Copa America finishes on 14 July but United appear to be keen to tie up a deal for the player.

Arsenal and Liverpool were also linked with Tevez, who turned down a move to Italian side Inter Milan after failing to meet a deadline they set for him to make a decision about whether to join them.

If Tevez did sign for United he would join the Old Trafford outfit's other summer recruits in England midfielder Owen Hargreaves, Portugal winger Nani, Brazilian midfielder Anderson and keeper Tomasz Kuszczak.

Great signing for Man Utd, presuming it goes ahead. Looks set to be a great season for them.

frankbrett
05/07/2007, 1:02 PM
Tevez plays down link to Old Trafford
Thursday, 5 July 2007 13:40
Carlos Tevez has played down reports suggesting he is close to joining Manchester United.

The West Ham forward, who is currently in Venezuela with Argentina for the Copa America campaign, has been linked to several clubs in England and abroad but is keen to remain in the Premier League.

'As far as I am aware, I have not received any official offers,' Tevez told Argentina national newspaper Clarin.

'Once an offer arrives then we will see. But the fact that Real Madrid, Internazionale and Manchester United are interested in me makes me proud.'

passinginterest
05/07/2007, 1:19 PM
But the fact that Real Madrid, Internazionale and Manchester United are interested in me makes me proud.'

Show me the money!!!!

bellavistaman
05/07/2007, 1:30 PM
Hope he goes to united hes some player. His passion on top of Rooneys..

endabob1
05/07/2007, 1:34 PM
Who gets the transfer fee??

anto1208
05/07/2007, 1:55 PM
Who gets the transfer fee??

The dodgy guys that own him ..... ( not west ham :D )

gustavo
05/07/2007, 2:06 PM
His passion on top of Rooneys..

Here's Ronaldo getting his passion on top of Rooneys (http://www.ministryoftruth.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2006/07/manu.jpg)

Docboy
05/07/2007, 5:01 PM
Hard to see him & Rooney playing in the same team, quite similar players in my view.

red rovers
05/07/2007, 7:31 PM
the league could block proposed move http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=475419&CPID=8&clid=1&lid=2&title=League+may+block+Tevez+move

Metrostars
06/07/2007, 11:52 AM
the league could block proposed move http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=475419&CPID=8&clid=1&lid=2&title=League+may+block+Tevez+move

Why? They didnt block Mascherano's move to Liverpool.

bellavistaman
06/07/2007, 12:28 PM
Exactly the shouldnt have a right to block any move just investigate it afterwards. Anyway with all this lord stevens ****e you would hope the clubs would get their act together.

DmanDmythDledge
06/07/2007, 12:31 PM
Exactly the shouldnt have a right to block any move just investigate it afterwards.
Are you stupid? If something is illegal of course it should be blocked.:rolleyes:

bellavistaman
06/07/2007, 12:43 PM
But surely such a highprofile move cant be blocked, what makes this transfer different to Mascheranos, the timing, just after the Sheffield United case.

DmanDmythDledge
06/07/2007, 12:44 PM
But surely such a highprofile move cant be blocked
Why not?

what makes this transfer different to Mascheranos
Mascherano's was some sort of loan.

Roadend
06/07/2007, 12:53 PM
Mascherano went on loan. Tevez would be bought and therefore the PL say West Ham must benefit from the sale, which appears will not happen. That's why they want to block it.

bellavistaman
06/07/2007, 12:54 PM
Mascherano went on loan. Tevez would be bought and therefore the PL say West Ham must benefit from the sale, which appears will not happen. That's why they want to block it.

Breaking news:: http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=475502&CPID=8&clid=1&lid=2&title=Tevez+to+seal+United+loan

apparently loan deal, I love it i ****in love it :D:D

fitzyjr
06/07/2007, 2:43 PM
Here's Ronaldo getting his passion on top of Rooneys (http://www.ministryoftruth.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2006/07/manu.jpg)

legend

rambler14
07/07/2007, 9:44 PM
He'll fit in well at Man Utd. He has something in common with most of his teammates................Butt Ugly.