PDA

View Full Version : Wexford Youths question

London-Irish
05/07/2007, 11:09 AM
I read somewhere recently that Wexford youths have switched all their home games to Saturday nights. But they have a Friday night fixture secheduled for July 20. What is going on there?

Also, is it possible to get from Wexford to Kilkenny by public transport for the match the next day? Is there a train service? Thanks in advance.

Schumi
05/07/2007, 11:19 AM
Also, is it possible to get from Wexford to Kilkenny by public transport for the match the next day? Is there a train service? Thanks in advance.
There's a train line from Rosslare to Waterford so you could get a train there and then one to Kilkenny from Waterford. I don't know how regular the Rosslare-Waterford route is though, I suspect not very.

London-Irish
05/07/2007, 11:34 AM
Thanks. Sounds a bit complicated. Is there a bus from Wexford to Kilkenny?

passinginterest
05/07/2007, 11:35 AM
I read somewhere recently that Wexford youths have switched all their home games to Saturday nights. But they have a Friday night fixture secheduled for July 20. What is going on there?

Best to try Bus Eireann (http://www.buseireann.ie/site/home/) and Irish Rail (http://www.irishrail.ie/home/) websites for travel info. Saturday evening games were an experiment to see how it affected attendance. Seems to be an improvement so the rest of the games will most likely be changed. If your looking at the fixtures on the offical website it tends to be a bit all over the place. Wikipedia is not much better, it's mostly me that updates the fixtures there, and I haven't checked past the next 2 away games.

London-Irish
05/07/2007, 11:37 AM
Thanks. I will check those web sites? Is the game on Friday July 20th likely to be switched to the Saturday then?

passinginterest
05/07/2007, 11:39 AM
Thanks. I will check those web sites? Is the game on Friday July 20th likely to be switched to the Saturday then?

I'd say likely but I'm not sure. Might be best to email the club info@wexfordyouthsfc.ie

Schumi
05/07/2007, 11:56 AM
Thanks. Sounds a bit complicated. Is there a bus from Wexford to Kilkenny?
You seem to have to go via Waterford again, probably more reliable than the train though.

Footsoldier
05/07/2007, 12:44 PM
Not sure about the Friday night fixture, but to answer your public transport question, you'll have to get the bus from Wexford to Waterford and then Waterford-Kilkenny.

WexDec
05/07/2007, 1:49 PM
I went to the Dundalk match last Saturday but still seems to be Friday homes in the schedule. Saturday would suit me down to the ground especially the half 6 KO.

passinginterest
05/07/2007, 1:51 PM
Lads two threads on this now.
Maybe a Mod can get the superglue out...

Dodge
05/07/2007, 2:00 PM
Merged, and put in Wexford forum