PDA

View Full Version : Oxegen Weather...

Lev Yashin
05/07/2007, 6:34 AM
Thursday night will be breezy, with rain giving way to clear spells and scattered showers. Friday will be breezy with sunny spells and further showers, some heavy. Saturday will be less breezy, and less showery with good sunny spells. Rain will spread in from the Atlantic later in the day. More rain or showers on Sunday, though some bright or sunny spells are also likely.

friend of mine sent me this forecast for the oxegen weekend...think wellies and riangear are in order!!!!!:D
anyone else going??

shedite
05/07/2007, 8:18 AM
Yeah I've heard loads of mixed weather forecasts tho. I'm not believing any of them. Not gonna bother with the wellies - just old runners. Must find a poncho somewhere tho.

anto1208
05/07/2007, 8:35 AM
Screw the wellies bring a little boat , IM so looking foward to not going to oxegen this year . when i wake up in my warm dry bed on sunday morning :D

Neish
05/07/2007, 9:25 AM
Thursday night will be breezy, with rain giving way to clear spells and scattered showers. Friday will be breezy with sunny spells and further showers, some heavy. Saturday will be less breezy, and less showery with good sunny spells. Rain will spread in from the Atlantic later in the day. More rain or showers on Sunday, though some bright or sunny spells are also likely.

friend of mine sent me this forecast for the oxegen weekend...think wellies and riangear are in order!!!!!:D
anyone else going??

Don't forget your canoe

Lev Yashin
05/07/2007, 12:15 PM
Screw the wellies bring a little boat , IM so looking foward to not going to oxegen this year . when i wake up in my warm dry bed on sunday morning :D

did i mention im staying in a hotel this year...rock and roll!!!!!!
well at least i have a hot shower and a residents bar!!:p

gilberto_eire
05/07/2007, 4:25 PM
what a crap summer this is!!.... i rememeber ONE sunny day all june that was the sunday of the bank holiday weekend, and we had a week in april!!

Rovers fan
05/07/2007, 8:11 PM
it should be good, i was running around all day looking for wellis and eventually got a pair

feo123
06/07/2007, 12:10 AM
hope ye all get very, very wet and have a bad time ;)

Lev Yashin
06/07/2007, 6:34 AM
hope ye all get very, very wet and have a bad time ;)

ah jeez thanks..thats swell!!!
iim sure we will get wet but feck it at least we'll have good music to get wet too!!!:D

Neish
06/07/2007, 11:48 AM
iim sure we will get wet but feck it at least we'll have good music to get wet too!!!:D

Yeah!, and don't forget the lovely half cooked over priced food + warm drink, ever so pleasent security staff, and the ever so enjoyable drunken scumbags running about the place starting fights and set fire to tents.

Ohh how I miss Oxegen:rolleyes:

Lev Yashin
06/07/2007, 12:27 PM
Yeah!, and don't forget the lovely half cooked over priced food + warm drink, ever so pleasent security staff, and the ever so enjoyable drunken scumbags running about the place starting fights and set fire to tents.
Ohh how I miss Oxegen:rolleyes:

and there in lies the reason im staying in a hotel this year!!!

bellavistaman
06/07/2007, 1:01 PM
weathers grand down here so no need for wellies yet, hope they all get flooded out of it up there, specially the Muse, dont like them

Countyman
06/07/2007, 1:33 PM
2.30 pm Update from Kildare. Its absolutely bucketing down here. The real heavy ****ty rain too. Enjoy.

DaveyCakes
06/07/2007, 1:55 PM
ah jeez thanks..thats swell!!!

Its exactly the same lineup as the past 2 or 3 years isn't it?

jebus
07/07/2007, 11:54 AM
the ever so enjoyable drunken scumbags running about the place starting fights and set fire to tents.

Quiet you fool, MCD have already explained how none of that happened, how it was all a figment of people's over-excited imagination, stemming from being at the greatest show on earth (or at least on that weekend in Kildare), and how the complaints made to the Gardai were all thrown out based on MCD's counter argument of 'No-huh, that didn't happen'.

DaveyCakes
09/07/2007, 2:49 PM
They got fairly lucky on Saturday and early Sunday...but Sunday afternoon/evening were foul...

Lev Yashin
09/07/2007, 7:56 PM
well it was a veritable mud-fest!!
by sunday it was a stagnant large lake of mud.
trying to get from tent ot tent to see gigs was like running a gauntlet of mentalers throwing themselves in the mud and trying to drag everyone in with them.

but the music was good....interpol, muse, brian wilson, bright eyes where all highlights.
was dissapointed with arcade fire though, but the sound dudn't help

Beavis
10/07/2007, 12:57 PM
Yeah the main downpoint was the relentless trudging, and effort that you had to make everytime you wanted to go anywhere.

I thought Arcade Fire was best and Daft Punk were unreal ending to Sunday. Interpol were very good without being spectacular. Also caught Ocean Colour Scene, the Klaxons, Muse, Bloc Party, which were all quality.

Rovers fan
10/07/2007, 4:32 PM
Mud+drink= a lot of fun!!

I would have been lost without wellies. The weather was better than i expected it to be i came home slightly burned:eek:. I met two shels players Chambers and Cregan. can anybody confirm that they play for shels?

swano
10/07/2007, 5:19 PM
No wellies for me (didn't realise they were selling them down there until sunday evening!) and getting back to the tent was a chore. Managed to do it without losing my runners which was impressive although said runners are still down there, along with my tent!

Music was quality, loved Arcade Fire. Made a trip to the medical tent after the music was finished on sunday to get an inhaler and there were loads of people covered in mud shivering in front of heaters with foil blankets wrapped around them!!

Big Ears
10/07/2007, 7:51 PM
Bought a pair of Wellies as soon as I could get them , and it was one of the best investments I've ever made .

Kings of Leon and Queens of the Stone Age were highlights for me , was right at the very front for both of them .

ForzaWexford
10/07/2007, 8:35 PM
Managed to see a good bit {for once!} this year. My top three would be Daft Punk, Muse and Arcade Fire. The Klaxons put on a good show although I don't really rate them. Thought Kings of Leon were class but the crowd never really got into them, think they were on a little too early in the evening maybe. Raging I missed Rodrigo y Gabriela. And Interpol. Managed to fit in pretty much everything else I wanted to...even the feckin Sawdoctors! Caught a little bit of QOTSA but they looked like they were going through the motions. One of my friends dragged me to Tori Amos + she was surprisingly good. As was Jamie T - he sounded an awful lot better than on his album.

All in all it was a good weekend. Still looking forward to this (http://www.pukkelpop.be/) though. Lineup is fcukin amazing!

gilberto_eire
11/07/2007, 5:11 PM
any trouble at this yrs one??... didnt hear anything!!

Lev Yashin
11/07/2007, 7:34 PM

after hearing about some of the stuff that went on in the campsite this year im glad i didn't camp

tent stealing tent slashing. toilet tipping. people being robbed just more of the same but i heard it has escalated from previous years...and incompetant "security" staff dont help.

strangeirish
11/07/2007, 8:46 PM
FATeNhfPvCI

Rovers fan
11/07/2007, 11:57 PM

when I was trying to sleep somebody poured petrol on my tent but some of my friends ran over when the saw him striking matches and he cleared off. apart from that i didnt see any other trouble

Calcio Jack
12/07/2007, 10:47 AM
Having seen my son arrive back totally dishevlled and listened to tales of mud, sleeping 6 in a 2 man tent, rip off prices for food, disgusting toilets , having to walk miles in the mud/rain and great music... I thought I was been 'smart' when I said "... and you had to pay a few hundred euro for that..." and then I realised I'd turned into my old man, as that's what he'd said to me after I returned from Lisdoonvarna circa 1980 !! Oh to be 19 again !!

gustavo
12/07/2007, 10:53 AM
I didnt see too much trouble really , we got a good spot in the "blue" campsite near enough to the entrance so maybe that helped , had most of our pins stolen and a chair but nothing major .. the mud was a bitch , bought wellies but they didnt last the weeekend , doubt ill camp again! Music was great though Kings of Leon Killers , The Hold Steady , Arcade Fire all stood out for me

bellavistaman
12/07/2007, 11:01 AM
FATeNhfPvCI

he looks wrecked drunk or stoned, bad way to be though.

CollegeTillIDie
12/07/2007, 11:59 AM
Camping in Ireland is ill advised at the best of times.. in the summer of 2007 it's bordering on INSANE!

jebus
12/07/2007, 12:03 PM
Camping in Ireland is ill advised at the best of times.. in the summer of 2007 it's bordering on INSANE!

Myself and three of my friends went camping on Achill Island all last week and got hit by a gale on Tuesday night, insane it may be, but it's also great fun. The only way I'd be willing to camp at Oxygen however would be if I were there to lay explosives around the campsite so I could single-handedly rid Ireland of all it's undesirables in one go. I could be a modern day St.Patrick you know

Lev Yashin
12/07/2007, 12:25 PM
Myself and three of my friends went camping on Achill Island all last week and got hit by a gale on Tuesday night, insane it may be, but it's also great fun. The only way I'd be willing to camp at Oxygen however would be if I were there to lay explosives around the campsite so I could single-handedly rid Ireland of all it's undesirables in one go. I could be a modern day St.Patrick you know

im with you on that one....pm me and we'll start organising for next year!!!!

OneRedArmy
12/07/2007, 12:44 PM
when I was trying to sleep somebody poured petrol on my tent but some of my friends ran over when the saw him striking matches and he cleared off. apart from that i didnt see any other trouble
Attempted murder as its known as.....

bellavistaman
12/07/2007, 3:01 PM
Attempted murder as its known as.....

agreed, its slightly beyond a joke like.

NavanBohs
12/07/2007, 5:02 PM
I got a random slap off some fella last year who was completely out of his head, for no reason at all, just walked up to me and decked me :confused:

IVe given up on Oxegen, did it in '05 and '06 but tried the Download Festival in Donnington this year and its ****es all over Oxegen

Rovers fan
12/07/2007, 10:22 PM
Music was great though Kings of Leon Killers ,

Didnt think the killers were good at all, i should have gone to daft punk. The kooks, jamie t, the editors and muse were my favourite acts

bellavistaman
13/07/2007, 11:06 AM
I got a random slap off some fella last year who was completely out of his head, for no reason at all, just walked up to me and decked me :confused:

IVe given up on Oxegen, did it in '05 and '06 but tried the Download Festival in Donnington this year and its ****es all over Oxegen

hit the **** back:D:D

shedite
17/07/2007, 2:08 PM
I thought it was class. Nothing bad to report at all. Nothing stolen/thrashed. The weather was fine. When it rained, it rained for 5 minutes at a time and then was grand for another 3 hours. Didn't see any fights or anything. Oxegen is savage. People who weren't there are just jelous.

sfc red
17/07/2007, 2:25 PM
Mud+drink= a lot of fun!!

I would have been lost without wellies. The weather was better than i expected it to be i came home slightly burned:eek:. I met two shels players Chambers and Cregan. can anybody confirm that they play for shels?

Serious? Can't believe I missed them. Chambers is a hero. I assume the other player you're referring to is Deegan but he doesn't play for us anymore.

Docboy
17/07/2007, 4:24 PM
I thought it was class. Nothing bad to report at all. Nothing stolen/thrashed. The weather was fine. When it rained, it rained for 5 minutes at a time and then was grand for another 3 hours. Didn't see any fights or anything. Oxegen is savage. People who weren't there are just jelous.

Yea right!

DaveyCakes
18/07/2007, 9:25 PM
I went up for a walk in Punchestown the other day. It's still closed to the public as they're trying to clear up the mess. Did any of you scummy tossers ever hear of big bags?

Iorfa
19/07/2007, 7:00 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if they were still cleaning it up in July of next year, it was an absolute tip by Monday.