PDA

View Full Version : New Players

Shiba
04/07/2007, 9:47 PM
Any word if we are close to signing any new players?

sligoman
04/07/2007, 10:04 PM
Vinny Faherty. At least one other player signed too.

red arrow
04/07/2007, 10:26 PM
ya we have signed a very good player. has.'nt come cheap but will be of hge benefit to the squad. can't reveal his name but has played in england and i believe he is left sided midfielder. all i can say is that his surname begins with "d". sorry i cant reveal any more as i am sworn to secrecy but be rest assured he is a very good player. if the cookie can get more of his calibre we could be going places and im really getting excited. yee will alll know about him in due course.

Shiba
04/07/2007, 10:29 PM
ya we have signed a very good player. has.'nt come cheap but will be of hge benefit to the squad. can't reveal his name but has played in england and i believe he is left sided midfielder. all i can say is that his surname begins with "d". sorry i cant reveal any more as i am sworn to secrecy but be rest assured he is a very good player. if the cookie can get more of his calibre we could be going places and im really getting excited. yee will alll know about him in due course.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I hate that

Red&White Rover
04/07/2007, 10:39 PM

you pr*ck.:p

sounds promising though

SligoBrewer
04/07/2007, 10:40 PM

left sided midfielder..
beginning with d..
not cheap..

damien duff!:p

SligoBrewer
04/07/2007, 10:44 PM
google it???

DmanDmythDledge
04/07/2007, 10:47 PM
Is it either (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Doherty) of these (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lloyd_Dyer)?

sligoman
04/07/2007, 10:50 PM
left sided midfielder..
beginning with d..
not cheap..

damien duff!:pHe's out injured til December so no.

DmanDmythDledge
04/07/2007, 10:53 PM
No neither is the name i heard triple D, if you don't mind me asking how could you pluck two names from the sky like that ? :confused:
Just checked this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Football_%28soccer%29_wingers) and looked under D. There's not a whole load of players listed as you can see though.

Red&White Rover
04/07/2007, 10:58 PM
No neither is the name i heard triple D, if you don't mind me asking how could you pluck two names from the sky like that ? :confused:

Football Manager is a handy resource as well...

neutrino
05/07/2007, 7:57 AM

sounds promising but if we have signed him then why the secrecy. has he signed contract yet? always love people not wanting to mention names altho we all write under pseudo-names :D hopefully he's good and we can add a couple of more to push on. I look forward to your next partially hinted information newsflash red_arrow :D

gufct
05/07/2007, 8:49 AM
Daniel Ventre is allegedly signing for ye as per page 19 of the Sun in the report of his ABH Court Case.

gustavo
05/07/2007, 8:58 AM
A quick google says he played for Accrington Stanley and Southport so he fits the bill anyway

gustavo
05/07/2007, 9:09 AM
http://www.portchat.net/viewtopic.php?t=23128

gustavo
05/07/2007, 9:17 AM
I think sligoman is

Rory H
05/07/2007, 10:25 AM
A FORMER Accrington Stanley player's birthday celebrations ended in disaster - and landed him in court.
A judge heard that Daniel Ventre had no intention of injuring anyone when he threw a glass pepper pot at a restaurant wall in frustration.
But unfortunately a shard of glass flew across the room and struck an innocent woman diner in the face....
A drunken woman began causing trouble which spilled over to their group and Ventre's brother was glassed in the face by her suffering serious injuries. Ventre became so frustrated that he hurled the pepper pot at a wall and Miss Essery was injured.
Ventre, of Albury Close, West Derby, Liverpool, who was released by Stanley in the summer and has now signed for Sligo FC in the Republic of Ireland, pleaded guilty to assault causing actual bodily harm.

When i heard the story i took it with a pinch of salt[can do better than that]

Everyone makes mistakes, good to have a new signing on board

Fivesilver
05/07/2007, 10:45 AM
The court thing looks a bit unfortunate. Some bird stuck a glass in his brother's face and he threw the pepper pot against a wall. It smashed and a piece hit an innocent bystander. It could have happened to anyone, which the judge obviously accepted, given his verdict.
He seems to be a good player from what's on the web. As long as we haven't landed a headcase, here's hoping.

sligoman
05/07/2007, 9:54 PM
seen that anybody a member of it ?
I think sligoman isYes, why?

sligoman
05/07/2007, 10:04 PM
Lee Hoolickin has signed for Barrow. Rules him out for us so.

Only1Rovers
05/07/2007, 10:56 PM
seen that anybody a member of it ?

I tired to register a number of times but they confermation of registration was never sent to me.

Terry
07/07/2007, 7:13 PM
Vinny Faherty. At least one other player signed too.

Vinny has actually just signed for galway united. see www.galwayunitedfc.ie

Terry
07/07/2007, 7:48 PM
Lucky escape for us so ? :p

I have also said elsewhere, that I dont rate him to be good enough for the EL. Im guessing he will be plying his trade for the u21's this season.

sligoman
07/07/2007, 9:08 PM
I'm pretty sure Vinny was playing for Galway in the U-21 game today.

feo123
08/07/2007, 7:56 PM
venthre looked really good yesterday, looked strong, compsoed and good in a tackle. boyd looks like he can play too. good passer and decent from set pieces. would still be a bit rusty as he might not have trainerd i guess for a couple of months, so far, so good though

Rory H
09/07/2007, 1:25 PM
dont think that was ventre was it??

sligoman
09/07/2007, 9:54 PM
dont think that was ventre was it??Yes, Ventre scored the penalty.

feo123
09/07/2007, 10:09 PM
ya it definatly was, was talking to him at the game yesterday, nice lad