View Full Version : Michael Moore letter to bush

Dricky
18/03/2003, 11:32 AM
Monday, March 17th, 2003

George W. Bush
1600 Pennsylvania Ave.
Washington, DC

Dear Governor Bush:

So today is what you call "the moment of truth," the day that "France and the rest of world have to show their cards on the table." I'm glad to hear that this day has finally arrived. Because, I gotta tell ya, having survived 440 days of your lying and conniving, I wasn't sure if I could take much more. So I'm glad to hear that today is Truth Day, 'cause I got a few truths I would like to share with you:

1. There is virtually NO ONE in America (talk radio nutters and Fox News aside) who is gung-ho to go to war. Trust me on this one. Walk out of the White House and on to any street in America and try to find five people who are PASSIONATE about wanting to kill Iraqis. YOU WON'T FIND THEM! Why? 'Cause NO Iraqis have ever come here and killed any of us! No Iraqi has even threatened to do that. You see, this is how we average Americans think: If a certain so-and-so is not perceived as a threat to our lives, then, believe it or not, we don't want to kill him! Funny how that works!

2. The majority of Americans -- the ones who never elected you -- are not fooled by your weapons of mass distraction. We know what the real issues are that affect our daily lives -- and none of them begin with I or end in Q. Here's what threatens us: two and a half million jobs lost since you took office, the stock market having become a cruel joke, no one knowing if their retirement funds are going to be there, gas now costs two dollars a gallon -- the list goes on and on. Bombing Iraq will not make any of this go away. Only you need to go away for things to improve.

3. As Bill Maher said last week, how bad do you have to suck to lose a popularity contest with Saddam Hussein? The whole world is against you, Mr. Bush. Count your fellow Americans among them.

4. The Pope has said this war is wrong, that it is a SIN. The Pope! But even worse, the Dixie Chicks have now come out against you! How bad does it have to get before you realize that you are an army of one on this war? Of course, this is a war you personally won't have to fight. Just like when you went AWOL while the poor were shipped to Vietnam in your place.

5. Of the 535 members of Congress, only ONE (Sen. Johnson of South Dakota) has an enlisted son or daughter in the armed forces! If you really want to stand up for America, please send your twin daughters over to Kuwait right now and let them don their chemical warfare suits. And let's see every member of Congress with a child of military age also sacrifice their kids for this war effort. What's that you say? You don't THINK so? Well, hey, guess what -- we don't think so either!

6. Finally, we love France. Yes, they have pulled some royal screw-ups. Yes, some of them can be pretty damn annoying. But have you forgotten we wouldn't even have this country known as America if it weren't for the French? That it was their help in the Revolutionary War that won it for us? That it was France who gave us our Statue of Liberty, a Frenchman who built the Chevrolet, and a pair of French brothers who invented the movies? And now they are doing what only a good friend can do -- tell you the truth about yourself, straight, no b.s. Quit ****ing on the French and thank them for getting it right for once. You know, you really should have traveled more (like once) before you took over. Your ignorance of the world has not only made you look stupid, it has painted you into a corner you can't get out of.

Well, cheer up -- there IS good news. If you do go through with this war, more than likely it will be over soon because I'm guessing there aren't a lot of Iraqis willing to lay down their lives to protect Saddam Hussein. After you "win" the war, you will enjoy a huge bump in the popularity polls as everyone loves a winner -- and who doesn't like to see a good ass-whoopin' every now and then (especially when it 's some third world ass!). And just like with Afghanistan, we'll forget about what happens to a country after we bomb it 'cause that is just too complex! So try your best to ride this victory all the way to next year's election. Of course, that's still a long ways away, so we'll all get to have a good hardy-har-har while we watch the economy sink even further down the toilet!

But, hey, who knows -- maybe you'll find Osama a few days before the election! See, start thinking like THAT! Keep hope alive! Kill Iraqis -- they got our oil!!

Yours,

Michael Moore

Dricky
18/03/2003, 11:35 AM
Fair dues to him after the Dixe chick and the Sheens have been turned on because of the outspoken views on a war that cannot be justified M M sends a letter to the man himself.

Good one you
I'll buy Bowling for Colombine when it come out on dvd just to support him as his homeland will most likley turn on hi.

(doesn't mean I'll buy the dixe chicks though)

Badweather Fan
18/03/2003, 12:53 PM
Big thumbs up.

Kickeroo
25/03/2003, 7:19 PM
I'm bumping this opne up, but I'd also like everyone to read this as well. I'm not portaying this as my own personal opinion, but I do beleive it does shed light on why Micheal Moore got booed at the Academy Awards, or why he never gets a break from the mainstream media.

I also want to point out to everyone that I respect their own personal opinions on this matter.

enjoy.

The Truth About "Bowling for Columbine" (http://www.hardylaw.net/Truth_About_Bowling.html)

patsh
26/03/2003, 2:52 PM
Originally posted by Kickeroo
I'm bumping this opne up, but I'd also like everyone to read this as well. I'm not portaying this as my own personal opinion, but I do beleive it does shed light on why Micheal Moore got booed at the Academy Awards, or why he never gets a break from the mainstream media.

I also want to point out to everyone that I respect their own personal opinions on this matter.

enjoy.

The Truth About "Bowling for Columbine" (http://www.hardylaw.net/Truth_About_Bowling.html)
Ok Kickeroo, just a few points.
It's interesting to see, yet again, something titled "The Truth about {fill in whatever}".
When you see that title, you can be 100% certain that the "truth" is simply an alternative opinion.
Having read the article, the central point it makes is that Moore changes things and presents things in a certain way to make his point of view convincing.
Well, I guess NOBODY else does that now, do they?
It's up to you what you believe/disbelieve/are suspicious of, the same as anyone else.
But, for instance, regarding the Iraq war, the stuff coming from the US/UK and Iraq governments is't worth the paper it's written on.
Nobody is telling the truth about anything, and in this case, Moore and Hardy are presenting their stuff in the best possible light from their point of view.
It's getting to the stage where you cannot believe ANYTHING in the media.
So take both sides, mix them up, and somewhere in between there MAY be some truth !;)

Kickeroo
26/03/2003, 4:54 PM
yupm that's what i did, too, although personally, Moore rubs me a little in the wrong way. He comes across as "I'm smarter than you, so you have to believe me" to me, so i have to digest his opinions with a grain of salt. The same goes for the far-right as well, so i have the same opinion that nobaody really tells us the truth, unless it's soccer scores.

fonzi
28/03/2003, 3:37 PM
if there's anyone out there who is oposed to the ar and its outcomes then i highly recomend this web site and writings of John Pilger

http://www.johnpilger.com/

[Fixing broken link. --adam]

Dodge
28/03/2003, 4:11 PM
I'm not portaying this as my own personal opinion, but I do beleive it does shed light on why Micheal Moore got booed at the Academy Awards, or why he never gets a break from the mainstream media.

In fairness Bowling for Columbine has won awards all over the plae and in many countries around the world has been voted Best US FILM of last year(not Documentary, FILM). If you go to the film website you can see all the plaudits.

Of course Moore's style is unique and he obviously has an angle but there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

The reason he was booed was exactly the same reason he got a standing ovation from the crowd. Liberal v conservatives, Anti-war v Pro-war. It wasn't because he edited his piece in certain ways or the fact that it wasn't a "real documentory"

And he never gets a break from mainstream US media because essentially they are conservative. Look at US TV. Definantly aimed at Middle American WASPs. Moore frightens people like that so they NBC, CBS et al don't wanna give him the chance to annoy their major sponsors

Kickeroo
28/03/2003, 5:19 PM
Originally posted by Dodge

And he never gets a break from mainstream US media because essentially they are conservative. Look at US TV. Definantly aimed at Middle American WASPs. Moore frightens people like that so they NBC, CBS et al don't wanna give him the chance to annoy their major sponsors

That's funny...all I ever hear about is how liberal our media is.

So which is it?

I guess it all depends on which side you are looking from.

Schumi
28/03/2003, 5:51 PM
That's funny...all I ever hear about is how liberal our media is. I would have thought America's media was quite conservative (like most of the country).

Kickeroo
28/03/2003, 7:26 PM
well, to be honest, living in Virginia, we acually have HAD the Klan come to town. All anyone ever portrays on the news is the one-hundered-or-so protesters bashing the Klan, and the one planted kook who supports them.

So which side was that portraying?

And to the best of my knowledge, the Bush family gets slammed by the media just as much as the Clintons have. In fact, a little worse, if you ask me......

I think the main reason Michael Moore rarely gets his time in the sun is because, well, he's an @$$hole to deal with, nothing more, nothing less.

Last I checked...my own @sshole was in the middle.

fonzi
31/03/2003, 10:09 AM
just because he may be an a**hole dosnt mean his view are not true.
Man y British journalists have and are critisizing the American media for not being ''adventerious'' and ''informative''
of the current goings on in Iraq.

Dricky
02/04/2003, 11:09 AM
Ha I was watching the Blair Bush key note speech the other day. The two men stood there to give a three minute speech.

Bush went through almost 20 pages compared to two pages from Blair for the same amount of points, and what ever happend to Bush's Ad Lib, why did they stop him speaking off the top of his head.

How thick is Bush? do the highlight alll the big words for him.

Schumi
02/04/2003, 2:49 PM
Originally posted by Dricky
How thick is Bush? do the highlight alll the big words for him. no but they spell them FO-NET-IC-ALL-EE.