PDA

View Full Version : Bohemians v Cork City

pete
02/07/2007, 8:26 PM
Suspensions: Billy Woods, Roy O’Donovan.
Injury News: Colm Carroll (Cruciate Ligament- OUT); Brian O’Callaghan (Groin- OUT), Darren Murphy (Concussion), Darragh Ryan (Abdominal Muscle),

City official site (http://www.corkcityfc.ie/home.htm)

I think Healy will start but maybe Farrelly on the bench. I think will be looking at team such as:

Devine
Horgan Kelly Murray Lordan
Healy Gamble O'Brien/Softic/Farrelly Kearney
O'Flynn Behan

McNulty, Lally, 2 from O'Brien/Softic/Farrelly, McSweeney.

dublin15bohs
02/07/2007, 9:58 PM
Should be good hopefully we wont see Farrelly as i just wanna forget all about him.

Good luck.

A face
02/07/2007, 10:56 PM
Preview: Bohemians v Cork City

Bohemians host Cork City in the tie of the League of Ireland Cup quarter-finals and the game has added significance with two Cork City players set to make their debuts, one of whom has a history with Bohemians.

Bohemians vs Cork City
(Dalymount Park - 7:45 pm - League Cup - Quarter Final)
Referee : Damien Hancock

Following the long running debacle over their registrations and eligibility, Colin Healy and Gareth Farrelly are now in line to play competitively for Cork City. Farrelly has of course managed Bohemians in the past. The former Aston Villa, Everton, Bolton and Irish midfielder was in charge at Bohs for approximately two years - ending in late August 2006. Healy though could be the star of the show if he can put injury woes behind him. Like Farrelly, he has played at a high level in England and his thirteen international caps are seven more than Farrelly.

Read more at www.irishfootballonline.com (http://www.irishfootballonline.com/news_story.php?newsid=6842)

A face
02/07/2007, 11:00 PM
What do ye reckon to this one people? Farrelly back in Dalymount, Healy running out in City colours for what is the first real game, Billy Woods and Roy O'Donovan suspended, Leon MacSweeney just signed and will start in his first competitive game for us, Darragh Ryan will possibly start for us.

Could be a good game of ball.

micls
02/07/2007, 11:02 PM
Dont think Darragh will play any part and would be surprised if Leon started but might come on.

pineapple stu
03/07/2007, 12:01 AM
How seriously are Cork taking this one with the InterToto campaign on right around it?

Risteard
03/07/2007, 3:59 AM
Noone else seems to think we'll play anything but our best team but I suspect a few may be rested for saturday.
I'd expect Healy, Farrelly and McSweeney to start and probably the three of them to be taken off on the hour.

Risteards decent but 'give some of the lads a rest' line-up.
----------------------McNulty----------------------
Lordan--------Murphy-------Murray----------Horgan---
Lordan----------Healy----Farrelly--------Kearney/Leon
---------------Leon/Behan-----JOF------------------

A (7?) bench of Devine, Brendan Daly, Kelly, Gamble, Colin, Kearney/Behan, softic.

pineapple stu
03/07/2007, 6:23 PM
Only five on the bench.

You can bump one up to replace Lordan, who looks to have his work cut out at right back and right wing.

inexile
03/07/2007, 6:27 PM
very surprised this game isnt on tv

pineapple stu
03/07/2007, 6:28 PM
I'll give you a hint.

It's the League Cup.

ollie
03/07/2007, 6:42 PM
Only five on the bench.

You can bump one up to replace Lordan, who looks to have his work cut out at right back and right wing.

Right Back = Cillian Lordan
Right midfield = Cathal Lordan

pineapple stu
03/07/2007, 6:45 PM
Ah.

You should have put C Lordan then to explain. :p

micls
03/07/2007, 7:19 PM
4-3-3

McNulty
Horgan, Kelly, Dan, Lordan
Gamble, Farrelly, Healy
McSweeney,Behan, O'Flynn

Starting 11.

3 Debuts and Behan, Lordan and Nults getting games too.

2-1 to Bohs at the moment

Dodge
03/07/2007, 8:13 PM
Right Back = Cillian Lordan
Right midfield = Cathal Lordan

Grrrr! Thought the league outlawed this rubbish when they split up the Colin O'Briens!

:p

micls
03/07/2007, 8:15 PM
Grrrr! Thought the league outlawed this rubbish when they split up the Colin O'Briens!
:p
Its actually quite funny....to seperate them the club put C lordan on the back of the Jerseys :)

pete
03/07/2007, 10:51 PM
Super performance after going 2 goals down early tonight.

Looks like Healy will make a big impact this season. Farrelly may be less obvious but will give options too. McSweeney looks very promising & while probably not a starter will see time off the bench.

:cool:

GavinZac
03/07/2007, 11:01 PM
another 3 goals conceded just reinforces my belief that we will have to sign another keeper. once mick stands down or the knees start to go (hes what, 34?) i dont think nults is good enough to replace him.

that being said, i didnt see the match. perhaps there was nothing he could do for them - but how often has mick made saves when it seemed there was nothing he could do?

pete
03/07/2007, 11:25 PM
Not much McNulty could do with the first two goals but definitely contributed to the winning goal.

I am beginning to think Devine may have looked better than the was in recent years because he played behind a solid unchanged defence. There may be too many forced changes to Kelly & Ryans positions this season...

Our inability to defend set pieces (free header for goal one) is costing us badly & we won't go far in Europe if we cannot fix it quickly.

A lot of optimism in the City support tonight even after losing to last minute goal. :cool:

BohsFans
04/07/2007, 2:25 AM
Super performance after going 2 goals down early tonight.

Looks like Healy will make a big impact this season. Farrelly may be less obvious but will give options too. McSweeney looks very promising & while probably not a starter will see time off the bench.

:cool:

Thought Healy was anonymous tonight and gf did his usual, I'm not moving from the centre circle routine!

JOF is not the player he used to be.

Nice header by Rice. :D

nZNnp9g1R5Y

Risteard
04/07/2007, 9:45 AM
What's the story with Citys second goal?
It doesn't look like an og to me but noone seems to claim it.

pete
04/07/2007, 10:10 AM
What's the story with Citys second goal?
It doesn't look like an og to me but noone seems to claim it.

A lot of us thought it was Behan first.

City played the best football I have seen in a long long time. Dominated Bohs for long spells but for a change we looked like scoring.

Risteard
04/07/2007, 10:37 AM
Got 8 of the experimental 11 right.
How'd Leon McSweeney do?
Did the three lads come off?

GavinZac
04/07/2007, 10:43 AM
nZNnp9g1R5Y

shocking defending from us for the bohs goals tbh.

once again dubs cant keep fans off the pitch :rolleyes:

passinginterest
04/07/2007, 10:48 AM
I don't think Rice has ever been allowed go forward for a set piece before, Cork were probably so stunned they never bothered giving him a marker. In fairness I think his header for the OG was the better of the 2 though. :)

Risteard
04/07/2007, 11:04 AM
shocking defending from us for the bohs goals tbh.

Ya, as good as Kelly and Ryan have been, the old telepathy isn't going yet.

As for those pitch-jumpers . . . . . . . . . . morons.
It happens anytime I've seen Rovers or Bohs score.

BohsFans
04/07/2007, 7:53 PM

2 people got on the pitch, the first 2 supporters on the pitch at Dalyer this season!

Are you really gonna make an argument about that or are you just bitter? :rolleyes:

GavinZac
04/07/2007, 8:43 PM
2 people got on the pitch, the first 2 supporters on the pitch at Dalyer this season!
what a simply astonishing coincidence! in a 2 second clip, featuring about 10 yards of grass, in your 18th/19th game of the season, your first pitch invaders of the season get on, and are seen by me, who has a bit of a problem with dubs and pitch invasions (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=31965). it must be my lucky day.

Are you really gonna make an argument about that or are you just bitter? :rolleyes:

bitter about the league cup? yeah, it'll be the main thing on my mind saturday :rolleyes: enjoy it, you might actually make it to the setanta cup - if you beat dundalk.

BohsFans
04/07/2007, 8:55 PM
what a simply astonishing coincidence! in a 2 second clip, featuring about 10 yards of grass, in your 18th/19th game of the season, your first pitch invaders of the season get on, and are seen by me, who has a bit of a problem with dubs and pitch invasions (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=31965). it must be my lucky day.

Yeah Shels don't seem bothered about it.

It annoys me that your giving out about Bohs because we have been the most proactive club in the league when it comes to keeping people off the pitch.
We used the orange mesh years ago and no one even bothers trying to get on the pitch at the end of the game or at HT, only unless your this lot: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAB1eI4VvXk or a Cork City fan!

BohsFans
04/07/2007, 8:57 PM
bitter about the league cup? yeah, it'll be the main thing on my mind saturday :rolleyes: enjoy it, you might actually make it to the setanta cup - if you beat dundalk.

That's the way your coming across!

**** I forgot about Dundalk, imagine us v the scumrocks in the final and then away to Dundalk in the play-off!