PDA

View Full Version : Friendlies

Neil
24/07/2001, 3:56 PM
According to D'Echo, City have had to call-off a friendly against mightly Darlington because both Turners X and Colman's Park are unavailable.

A friendly with Cobh Ramblers is being arranged for Friday night - the venue is not known yet.

James
24/07/2001, 4:00 PM
is that on this friday
another sicky so Neil
you driving ?

joe
24/07/2001, 6:01 PM
I'm sure I read on JW's that Cobh were playing all their friendlies away from home. what's the story?

and more importantly, will there be a programme? Gerry?

Gerry Desmond
25/07/2001, 9:56 AM
I think the Echo mentioned Colman's Park & TX being unavailable due to resurfacing...that's one of the problems with City not owning TX - no control over availability etc
As for the programme, Joe, seeing as this is now Wednesday, and the game is on Friday that gives us plenty of time to produce a programme similar to the Celtic issue: no worries on that. Colectors are once again advised to show up at least an hour before kick off to ensure their copy. Remember, for the Super Cup game they were sold out well in advance, plus we're only printing 5,000....;)

Gerry

PS: I can see Joe saying "I can see it now..."

joe
25/07/2001, 11:18 AM
Actually, according to some bloke on Citynet, the match is on Thursday night at Colaiste Stiofan Naofa - at least I imagine that's what he means. Any one buying the echo today?

Gerry Desmond
25/07/2001, 11:51 AM
I can see it now:

" Administrator too cheap to buy local paper shock..."

Sorry, James, couldn't resist! ;)

Gerry

Leonard
25/07/2001, 12:09 PM
Joe, if some bloke on Citynet told you jump off a cliff......