PDA

View Full Version : Buses from the County!!

L37Ultra
02/07/2007, 1:01 PM
Over the past few days, Ive meet alot of Limerick fans living out in County Limerick and even out in Clare!! Is there any chance, like last year, that the club can organise buses in from rural towns in Limerick and Clare!! Its just idea so dont knock it, I think it would help raise the attendances dramatically!! It did two years ago and there is a huge interest in Limerick soccer this year and hopefully this can happen for the rest of the home fixtures!!

magpies
02/07/2007, 2:09 PM
Good call L37 Ultra ,I always wondered why there wasn't buses going from the county area's, believe it or not there is a lot of followers from these area's, I will guarantee you a lot more people will attend and get behing L37

shelbourne1904
02/07/2007, 2:49 PM
Why dont they drive in??

gael353
02/07/2007, 6:42 PM
First up last year the old Limerick FC had a very good bus company who did all the buses for the senior/under 21s/supporters club and buses for all the home games. At the start there was 5 bues but this was whittled down to 2 as the demand dropped away. The company the club is using now is...ill stop here. But all the bues were part of a special deal offered by that bus company. The new bus company would have to be asked but really lads...wouldnt bother as im sure a wheelbarrow would be better standard. You should see the contracption the 21s travelled to waterford in :rolleyes:

Needtoknow
02/07/2007, 7:17 PM
Why dont they drive in??

This is a valid point a couple of car pools would not go astray. As regards running buses if you know of enough people get them together & get a minibus. If the SC can do anything to help just ask! :ball:

L37Ultra
02/07/2007, 9:40 PM
Why dont they drive in??

Im talking about Younfellas here like and if there was a bus going in then people might take notice and see that things are being run properly!! I am saying this because a Shannon team were playing at half time last friday and most of them had never been to a L37 match this season!! A bus in from places like Shannon, Newcastlewest..etc would help!! Maybe an idea for next season!!