PDA

View Full Version : to clarify a few things

lims fan
15/03/2003, 8:46 AM
I know my rants are offensive to many particularly those who don't want the club to progress but I flew off the handle and nearly strangled the nearest kangaroo when i heard McCarthy signed for Kilkenny! but I am furious that O'Connor is still at the helm. I am truly gutted and the club is just going to flounder miserably. Although I accept that my rants are a bit OTT and impetuous, my view stands that Noel O'Connor is completely incompetent and unsuitable for the job. He has proven to be an arrogant and pigheaded individual and this has been seconded by many players!! So apologies if the language is offensive but I feel that people seem to be brushing over the real issues and just want to keep the whole thing local.
The committee are a bunch of apes and everybody in football will tell you that.
They have 3,500 euro a week to pay in wages and all they can come up with is a bunch of fat junior players and lay about students, and thats a fact!
Now I think that tone is acceptable.

BlueisBeautiful
15/03/2003, 1:06 PM
.... will ya leave those Kangaroo alone!!

sadloserkid
16/03/2003, 5:05 PM
Originally posted by lims fan
I know my rants are offensive to many particularly those who don't want the club to progress but I flew off the handle and nearly strangled the nearest kangaroo when i heard McCarthy signed for Kilkenny! but I am furious that O'Connor is still at the helm. I am truly gutted and the club is just going to flounder miserably. Although I accept that my rants are a bit OTT and impetuous, my view stands that Noel O'Connor is completely incompetent and unsuitable for the job. He has proven to be an arrogant and pigheaded individual and this has been seconded by many players!! So apologies if the language is offensive but I feel that people seem to be brushing over the real issues and just want to keep the whole thing local.
The committee are a bunch of apes and everybody in football will tell you that.
They have 3,500 euro a week to pay in wages and all they can come up with is a bunch of fat junior players and lay about students, and thats a fact!
Now I think that tone is acceptable.

That's a much more constructive post and I applaud you for it (except for that 'layabout students' remark which I must argue with! :p ) The only other thing I'm going to point out is that the new wage structures have seen us sign Morris-Roe (ex Pats, Rovers, Dundalk and Athlone) Sweeney (ex Cobh and Kilkenny), Healy (ex Galway and Sligo) and Cooney (on loan from Bohs). Hardly a bunch of junior players. You asked for new players and we have at least six. Any more than that and we would have had problems getting a whole new squad to gel on the pitch. My only gripe is that with the extra money surely more of an effort could have been made to keep Jimmy Fyffe in the country. FC Crete's gain is Limerick's loss.

PS) Go on, sort us for a Koala when you're coming home will ya? :D

deise deserter
16/03/2003, 5:20 PM
Lims Fan: Well done for a more mature approach to posting. Here's hoping it keeps up! ;)

Small question though:
"my rants are offensive to many particularly those who don't want the club to progress."

To whom are you referring? Is it to the other people on the board who engage in level-headed discussion on how to bring the club forward? Of all the people here you are the most counter-active with your homosexual bashing posts. You are stuck in this small-time mindset where you would prefer to through ridiculous personal comments about people involved with the club and this board rather than to make a pro-active move.

If you remember back a couple of months to the flag campaign - that was a great idea and I have to congradulate you on getting it off the ground - can we please see more of this from you and less of the childish sniping?

LFC in Exile
19/03/2003, 9:12 AM
Just because you know its offensive doesn't lessen the requirement to tone it down.

By the way, where do you think the 3,500 is coming from each week? It's not comng from gate receipts. The committee has raised it - I'm sure it is a mix of individual effort and sponsorship. I remember the season before last when we had no programme becasue we couldn't raise sponsorship. 3,500 a week on wages would have been a dream. So how about giving credit to the committee for getting this money for the club.

Why always take the negative.

Also, if someone disagrees with you it does not mean they don't care about the club. I would prefer to see the club grow steadily, improving season on season until we can consistently hold our own in the premier division and regularly qualify for Europe. What I do not want is some 'get rich quick' scheme where the future of the club is put at stake by buying a load of mercenaries who get the train down from Dublin each Sunday for a match and shag off back on the 5.45 with a cheque in the pocket and no points in the bag.