PDA

View Full Version : The Who, Marquee, Cork -Advice,Tips etc...

Lionel Ritchie
30/06/2007, 9:47 AM
Never been to the Marquee before.

Any Don't do what Donny Dont Does' in relation to the place?

I'm told it's used for agricultural fairs...this suggests to me "mud-bath".

Difficult to get to? Told it's out toward Parc Ui Choimh which'd be handy advice if I'd ever had had cause to visit PUC.

Staying in the Clarion. I'm told that's handy too.

The Good Son
30/06/2007, 9:58 AM
Clarion is about 15 -20 mins walk, cross the bridge to your left as you exit and you're going in the the right direction. I think all the gigs have to finish around 11ish so you're best bet is to get back in town for pints, there is nowhere decent out that area really. The Idle Hour is a good spot for pints before and after, its just across the bridge from the Clarion, the only thing is it's fairly small and fills up quickly on a Saturday night.

BohsPartisan
02/07/2007, 8:46 AM
The Idle Hour, that brings back memories. Spent many an idle hour in there during FĂ©ile '95. Top people too. I dropped a glass and they replaced the drink for free! :)

Risteard
02/07/2007, 10:37 AM
Is that not standard practice?

Lionel Ritchie
02/07/2007, 10:48 AM
I Can See For Miles
Join Together
Substitute
The Real Me
Pictures Of Lily
Magic Bus

...just some of the titles that were NOT performed by The Who last Saturday night. They were great and played a good long set but if they'd cut out half the fannying around with elongated outros (My Generation for example -sub-Oasis pubrock version) and false endings they'd have gotten plenty more in.

Great to finally get to see (two of) them though!

Just went back to the Clarion after the gig as the weather was deteriorating.

Really liked the Marquee and would definitely go back there.