PDA

View Full Version : RTE programming?

pete
24/07/2001, 2:13 PM
All this talk about tv rights, licence fees, public service broadcasting etc.... made me "watch" the following programme last week out of curiousity.

"Get Flirting" RTE1 think was around 10pm last thursday.

I've thought many people have criticised RTE a bit too much in the past but IMO that drivel (could force myself to watch 10mins of) was the worst programme i've ever seen on RTE (& thats saying something) Seemed to enforce all the usual stereotypes of RTE!

If they get an extra 50 quid will be this the future of irish programming? :o

Anyone else see it?

dahamsta
24/07/2001, 3:46 PM
Nope. There was a comical sidebar about the whole situation in The Phoenix this week though - they were saying how RTE were complaining about not being able to put out good programming because of the "low" licence fee, but included a shot of the front cover of that weeks RTE Guide. Which was boasting about the fantastic US programmes they bought for us this season. Lack of communication in Montrose I think.

Personally, I think RTE should either stop whining like a bunch of girls or stick the licence fee up their chunky butts and turn the station off.

adam

Leonard
24/07/2001, 4:10 PM
Just don't pay the licence fee. Act stupid when they arrive and claim you are Romanian. Then move house before they come back.

Pauro 76
24/07/2001, 5:49 PM
or even pretend your TV is a microwave, when theres a cookery programme on...

Macy
24/07/2001, 5:52 PM
Just never answer the door to anyone, ever.

Sinéad
25/07/2001, 8:10 AM
FAO VET....

LEAVE THE GIRLS OUT OF YOUR RTE BASHING! :mad:

Macy
25/07/2001, 9:46 AM
FAO: Sinead - Of course RTE whine like a bunch of girls - whats the problem with that ;)

Xlex
25/07/2001, 9:48 AM
There was something in the paper yesterday about a three year deal the RTE had with $hel$. Fair play to them if they can get that sort of deal out of RTE.

Pete Mahon spoke on the radio about RTE having their eggs in one basket, ie. the GAA. The thing that stinks is their coverage of the Formula one, such drivel. Anyone who watches F1, watches ITV coverage.

Leave the US garbage out of the argument, there is plenty of room in the sports department. They will probably have a camera at the match, for news coverage. But won't commit a commentator. Should Bohs progress, screw RTE for all they are worth.

Don't forget TV3 have a responsibility too.

dahamsta
25/07/2001, 10:08 AM
Gods Sinead, stop acting like a girl, will ya?

*snigger*

adam

dahamsta
25/07/2001, 10:10 AM
Jeez, is it any wonder I'm single...

Sinéad
25/07/2001, 11:08 AM
Men..........., You are just SO not with it!! Like HELLO.....Welcome to the Real World!! :p RTE have SO got nothing to do with bashing us girls!!

dahamsta
25/07/2001, 11:12 AM
Yeah lads, I agree with Sinead one hundred and ten percent. Girls are much cooler than RTE and anyone who says any different is barred. You guys should be ashamed of yourselves for coming out with such sexist, degrading comments. Girls are biralliant and I've always said that. Any more outbursts and I'll be calling the Thought Police.

So you just turned eighteen is it Sinead...

adam

dahamsta
25/07/2001, 11:13 AM
Adam flashes his patented Evil Grin. *ting*

Leonard
25/07/2001, 11:37 AM
I do look like the guy who does the sports news who looks like Death, one of the four horsemen of the apocolypse. He makes me laugh. I can imagine him growing up, really wanting to get into music journalism and hating sport. He's the kind of guy who wrote long epic poems in tribute to the Cure, and was continually complaining to his parents that the sporty kids kept giving him a good kicking. His uncle, I reckon, got him a job in RTE. He prayed to his Satanic god that he would nail a music show, but one of the sporty kids who he grassed up to the law for giving him a particularly bad kicking one night, got his revenge by plonking him in the sports department. He hates his life now, sport has dulled his portic senses, and he's unable to write anymore. Only the strains of the Velvet Underground can brong him any sleep, and even then, it's a bad sleep, interspersed with GAA scorelines.
I give the lad another two months.

Leonard
25/07/2001, 11:39 AM
Oooh! Spookey! That was the 13th reply! Must be true. Anyone know the guy's name?

pete
25/07/2001, 12:03 PM
What sports news does he do? RTE? Net2?

Macy
25/07/2001, 12:32 PM
Yeah, but Sinead it's so not cool to talk like the sh!te yank progs that we're giving out about being on the tele instead of the match.
btw How did you get on in Slashers Saturday? Shay Hannon and Hugh Skully did the business on the decks.......

Sinéad
25/07/2001, 12:48 PM
Had a class nite.......Never danced so much in my born life!!

Leonard
25/07/2001, 1:07 PM
I think he only does RTE 1, though the bald guy who lamos Sharon on the late Network 2 news is a bit scary too. If anyone can lipread, try to make out what they say to each other during the credits at the end. If he say "So, how's about a bit of sweet lovin' tonight then, love?" and she goes "go grow some hair you freak," I win a tenner.

Macy
25/07/2001, 2:03 PM
I was just in the tent the whole time - was a bit disappointed that there seemed to be more inside. It doesn't bode well for the possibility of getting a decent night going in Longford :(

Pauro 76
25/07/2001, 5:49 PM
That lady who does the sign language alongside the newscaster is a bit scarey too, ya know the wan, grey haired, looks like a fella. And that guy who does Telly Bingo is the scariest of all too.... But at least Network 2 has some quality continuity announcers and weather girls it has to be said. Uh-oh sexist comment police coming i reckon.....

Sinéad
25/07/2001, 6:24 PM
Oh......ur man from Telly bingo is lovely, a real dote! I met him one day, asked him from his autograph!! He said "Sure, No problem, you are the first girl under 60 to ask me for an autograph", then I said "Well, its for my granny". He didn't look too impressed!

Pauro 76
26/07/2001, 1:34 PM
I swear i once heard the theme for Telly Bingo being played as someones ring tone once.. git and sad spring to mind..